How is miller these days? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu: The only military that fights in purple spandex.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-09-04, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zargas
Private

How is miller these days?

I've been back and forth now since PS2 came out due to hardware problems with the game
They are now fixed and things are getting solved so now finally i get time to play again

And my impression of last night was that of Werner in 2007-2009, sure there where fights but not really great ones

I might have been unlucky who knows, but how is miller health?

Btw: Hello old werner peeps
Old 2013-09-05, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: How is miller these days?

Hey Zargas.

I think Miller is fine. Pops are ok and way different from Werner back then. You must have been unlucky.
Old 2013-09-05, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Most of the alerts are pretty damn boring though, most of the time people don't seem to care about winning them so one faction just gets to dominate.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-09-05, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Most of the alerts are pretty damn boring though, most of the time people don't seem to care about winning them so one faction just gets to dominate.
I think it's actually worse being online during an alert since it A: Stops you dead in your tracks from doing what you were doing, B: If one faction is overpopped the whole thing goes out the window and C: Fuck biolab alerts, just fuck 'em.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-09-06, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phreec
Corporal

It's still suffering from a TR overpopulation, stop breeding like rabbits please. Global populations often hit the 39-40% ranges during alerts and sometimes even at prime time. At off-hours it tends to be even worse.

Biggest culprit of course being the 4th factioners hopping over as soon as an alert begins.
Old 2013-09-07, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
I think it's actually worse being online during an alert since it A: Stops you dead in your tracks from doing what you were doing, B: If one faction is overpopped the whole thing goes out the window and C: Fuck biolab alerts, just fuck 'em.
Agreed on all three points.

Originally Posted by Phreec View Post
Biggest culprit of course being the 4th factioners hopping over as soon as an alert begins.
Indeed, SOE needs to put in some form of restriction.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-09-07, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Phreec View Post
It's still suffering from a TR overpopulation
While this is correct, i can't wait to see their reaction to getting double teamed by VS, NC once global conquest comes in
Old 2013-09-08, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
While this is correct, i can't wait to see their reaction to getting double teamed by VS, NC once global conquest comes in
No need to worry, we had *years* of that on Werner.
Old 2013-09-08, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Indeed, SOE needs to put in some form of restriction.
I really don't get why they haven't already. Warhammer Online had a pretty nice system which allowed you to do a faction switch only once every eight hours. Worked pretty well from my experience with the game. Maybe eight hours is bit excessive (especially since in WAR the timer started when you logged out) as for most players it basically is a 24hours lockout. But something along those lines could work.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Here's my reaction: Oh No! Amazing fights with huge (yet equal) pops! As odd as it sounds, it's getting harder and harder to find a (good) fight.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-09-14, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
I really don't get why they haven't already. Warhammer Online had a pretty nice system which allowed you to do a faction switch only once every eight hours. Worked pretty well from my experience with the game. Maybe eight hours is bit excessive (especially since in WAR the timer started when you logged out) as for most players it basically is a 24hours lockout. But something along those lines could work.
Higby has stated that any form of faction-swapping restriction simply wouldn't work because it would leave paying players at a disadvantage (free skaters just switch accounts for an alert).

As for the state of Miller, besides the imbalances it's fine and still the best server in the game.
Old 2013-09-23, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Higby has stated that any form of faction-swapping restriction simply wouldn't work because it would leave paying players at a disadvantage (free skaters just switch accounts for an alert).

As for the state of Miller, besides the imbalances it's fine and still the best server in the game.
Higby is not always right, and making it as difficult as possible for people to faction switch is still worth it. Even if it makes people create new accounts to do it, so be it, but this "Log off, choose alt char, login" ease of which people do it is ridiculous.

As for the Offline certs that require you to "login" to get, just make it so you get them when you login to your account (on all your alts) rather than logging into the actual character into the game.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Wow. A Biolab alert just ended. TR: 41, VS: 29, NC: 30 percent world pop... That's about 724 TR players, 488 NC and 475 VS.
Did the BF4 beta end or something? I has been bad before but I somehow got the feeling like it hasn't been that bad recently during alerts. Or did I just play at the "right" times and "missed out" on those Biolab alerts?

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-10-12 at 04:21 PM.
Old 2014-08-05, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post

As for the Offline certs that require you to "login" to get, just make it so you get them when you login to your account (on all your alts) rather than logging into the actual character into the game.
Yes please. It cant be such a big technical challange ?
Old 2014-09-30, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
MrBasher
Corporal

Personal i think Miller turned into absolute "redeployside" during the maintimes....

Like zergs of 90+ ppl deploying just around the map, there is no real fight there is no progressing... ether you stay alone in a base or get crashed by 90+, the only valid strategy seems to gather a public platoon redeploy them all around the map....

I really love to deploy direct in a galaxy, but for the sake of good gameplay i think they need to remove this option again -.-
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)