Trayvon Martin - Page 35 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this quote will self destruct in 3 seconds!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-08, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #511
Natir
Sergeant

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Warborn, you are the fucking idiot. I've lost my job over women who were less qualified, over minorities that never actually did theirs
That would pry be because you either complained too much or did not do what you were asked to do or asked to do too many things. Managers do not like someone who wants to always do more, it means they are bored with their current tasks. Managers do not like someone who complains, especially about others. It doesn't even matter if you are 100% correct, if you are the one causing the problems, your ass has got to go.

and even before that I had to tip toe around every non male and/or non white person. Does that sound like privileged male whiteness to you? Maybe where you come from it isn't the same, but you are not fucking qualified to tell me I'm wrong.
If you had to do those things, are you some kind of racist who always had to watch what they said or did around certain people? I have many non-white and female friends, I act just as I would around anyone else. Even if they are a coworker, if you have to act a certain way around them just because of their ethnicity, you might be a little racist... just saying.
Old 2012-05-09, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #512
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
The drive to not be viewed as a social pariah is a strong evolutionary trait. It's hard for genes to be passed on, if those genes are riding in the body of someone everyone else thinks is an unlikable asshole. Deep down we all want to be accepted, so we can be fruitful members of the tribe and pass on genes. Very few of us actually desire to be friendless misanthropes.

Racism is socially unacceptable in wide portions of our modern society, so people don't want to be viewed as such because of, well, everything I said above.

Some people, of course, don't care. Much like how birth defects do happen and people can be born without arms, legs, eyes and so forth, personality defects do manifest as well. It's not a perfect system and from time to time examples arise that are 'broken'. There's a few of them in this thread, for example.
Your tribal analogy is cute. But tribes of blue people generally don't like or trust tribes of red people.
Old 2012-05-09, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #513
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Natir View Post
That would pry be because you either complained too much or did not do what you were asked to do or asked to do too many things. Managers do not like someone who wants to always do more, it means they are bored with their current tasks. Managers do not like someone who complains, especially about others. It doesn't even matter if you are 100% correct, if you are the one causing the problems, your ass has got to go.
Just the opposite of your assumptions actually, I just about never complained, never turned anyone in, and never did more or less than what my job entailed. But when all heads are on the chopping block, the white man is the first to go... because he can't do anything about it.

If you had to do those things, are you some kind of racist who always had to watch what they said or did around certain people? I have many non-white and female friends, I act just as I would around anyone else. Even if they are a coworker, if you have to act a certain way around them just because of their ethnicity, you might be a little racist... just saying.
Again, your assumptions are that it must be my doing. Just the opposite, females in Vegas love sexual harassment suits justified or not. And plenty of minorities are more than willing to play the race card... and it works. It even got to the point I couldn't do my job correctly, without risking my own employment. So I did what any white man in that situation would do, shut his mouth and look the other way.

Old 2012-05-09, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #514
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Your tribal analogy is cute. But tribes of blue people generally don't like or trust tribes of red people.
That's because tribes of blue people used to have to compete for resources with the red people tribe. So it wasn't a good survival trait to immediately trust those who may have a vested interest in your removal.

Today's racism and nationalism and religious violence and so forth are all hold-overs from the more primitive centers of our ape brains that said that YOUR tribe was okay, but OTHER tribes were not. That stuff doesn't just go away because we have high speed railroads and satellites now. We just have to be conscious of its existence and careful not to succumb to it.

Many of us, however, do not put in the effort.
Old 2012-05-09, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #515
ArcIyte
Sergeant

Or perhaps useless "hate" isn't part of the equation, and the blue tribe simply doesn't wish to be destroyed in becoming the purple tribe

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM

Last edited by ArcIyte; 2012-05-09 at 10:00 AM.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #516
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
Or perhaps useless "hate" isn't part of the equation, and the blue tribe simply doesn't wish to be destroyed in becoming the purple tribe
So fear of being outcompeted is.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #517
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

If anyone saw the Colbert Report last night it really made me LOL. A black girl was on the show promoting her new book "The new Jim Crow". According to her whites are keeping the black community down by arresting more black people using/selling drugs then white people. So she is comparing horribly racist and discriminatory laws that were put in place to keep the black community down, to us arresting more black people who are breaking the law then white people breaking the law? Cause that's the same.

Even Colbert was buying her BS, This is too good.

Last edited by The Desert Fox; 2012-05-09 at 11:26 AM.
Old 2012-05-09, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #518
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
If anyone saw the Colbert Report last night it really made me LOL. A black girl was on the show promoting her new book "The new Jim Crow". According to her whites are keeping the black community down by arresting more black people using/selling drugs then white people. So she is comparing horribly racist and discriminatory laws that were put in place to keep the black community down, to us arresting more black people who are breaking the law then white people breaking the law? Cause that's the same.

Even Colbert was buying her BS, This is too good.
Yes, the police started off targeting black people because they were openly racist which inflated the black prison population. Then as racism became more taboo the police justified their racist policies by pointing at the large black prison population.

If the police were to stop disproportionately targeting stop and searches at black people (the vast majority of whom have nothing found on them) and give them the same level of attention they give to white people then they would find that the ratio's of crime would drop for black people. The same goes if they gave white people the same level of attention they give to black people currently, the crime levels would rise significantly for white people.
Old 2012-05-09, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #519
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Yes, the police started off targeting black people because they were openly racist which inflated the black prison population. Then as racism became more taboo the police justified their racist policies by pointing at the large black prison population.

If the police were to stop disproportionately targeting stop and searches at black people (the vast majority of whom have nothing found on them) and give them the same level of attention they give to white people then they would find that the ratio's of crime would drop for black people. The same goes if they gave white people the same level of attention they give to black people currently, the crime levels would rise significantly for white people.
Regardless of who might be targeted more, I refuse to believe that the police are putting black people in jail who have nothing on them. I don't care what race you are you break the law you go to jail. This exact same argument is why the death penalty is being delayed. Apparently people think were executing more black death row inmates then white death row inmates. THEY BOTH DESERVE TO DIE WHO CARES WHO GOES FIRST.
Old 2012-05-09, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #520
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Regardless of who might be targeted more, I refuse to believe that the police are putting black people in jail who have nothing on them. I don't care what race you are you break the law you go to jail. This exact same argument is why the death penalty is being delayed. Apparently people think were executing more black death row inmates then white death row inmates. THEY BOTH DESERVE TO DIE WHO CARES WHO GOES FIRST.
Actually they do put people into jail when they have nothing on them. They bully innocent people into confessing to crimes they did not commit. They do this by piling on loads of charges, even if they have no evidence for these aswell, and they offer the suspect a plea deal (admit to one crime, and the rest get dropped). The suspect can either accept the deal or spend loads of money on an expensive lawyer (or get a free lawyer who has to deal with 10-20 cases a week) to fight the charges.

The US justice system is pretty broken, prosecutors only have the motivation to get convictions, not justice. Prosecutors also have absolute immunity, they can frame innocent people, hide evidence, etc and get away with no punishment.
Old 2012-05-09, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #521
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Actually they do put people into jail when they have nothing on them. They bully innocent people into confessing to crimes they did not commit. They do this by piling on loads of charges, even if they have no evidence for these aswell, and they offer the suspect a plea deal (admit to one crime, and the rest get dropped). The suspect can either accept the deal or spend loads of money on an expensive lawyer (or get a free lawyer who has to deal with 10-20 cases a week) to fight the charges.

The US justice system is pretty broken, prosecutors only have the motivation to get convictions, not justice. Prosecutors also have absolute immunity, they can frame innocent people, hide evidence, etc and get away with no punishment.
QFT +1

Go ahead, go down to a run-down part of town, find someone homeless, give them a $20, and they will tell you their life's story. Do it enough times and you'll be able to find all the common themes and patterns, which is mostly the shit conditions they are forced to live in.

Also, not to get off-topic, but prisons are state-sponsored slavery. Rights are reduced to almost nothing, forced to work for the state for nothing or unreasonably low compensation (being allowed to stay in prison is NOT compensation), and is a massive money machine as a result.

Now back on subject. Shooting someone below the waist, regardless of whether you hit an artery and kill them, is the way one can prove they didn't have intent to kill. Where was Trayvon Martin shot again?

If there's a law that says you can protect yourself with guns, and you hear gunshots, does that mean its time to load a gun? If you see a big Caucasian with a gun who just shot a kid, would you be justified in lining up the sights and shooting the guy with the gun without investigating the situation?

Why can cops shrug off the murder of a minor? Easily, no motivation to try to arrest the former magistrate judge's son, especially when he can just claim "Stand your ground" and get off without so much as a drug test. he could have been drunk and slammed the back of his head on something, but we'd have no idea.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #522
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Yeah cops are model citizens, how dare you suggest something like that. It's not like some of them were ever members of the KKK. It's not like some of them are weapon smugglers. It's not like they ever beat up people for "speech crimes". It's not like they use their mace cannisters, water cannons or LTL shotguns haphazardly. It's not like they violently raid houses of harmless people for the severe crime of growing plants that make you giggle, only to smoke or sell it themselves. It's not like they ambush people so they can give them tickets for driving 5mph too fast. It's not like any cop has ever been known to forge or obscure evidence. And most certainly none of them have ever taken bribes.

These things only happen in the movies, when insecure Hollywood screenwriters try to make their mark with easy crowd pleasers. These things have never happened in real life, and will never happen in real life, because ALL cops are decent people that work hard to uphold the law, not subvert it. You should respect cops, because they are here to protect you. Suggesting cops can be racist is not a sign of respect (dawg).
I adore your sense of sense of sarcasm, but for every white racist thug of a cop I am sure there is a black one, but your right Fuk da poleece
Old 2012-05-09, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #523
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

What is it called when a black cop racially profiles a black subject?

Old 2012-05-10, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #524
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

What is it called when a black cop racially profiles a black subject?
Racial profiling. That one was easy. Did you not know? Or was that, like, the first question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Old 2012-05-10, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #525
Figment
Lieutenant General

That goes for defense too though: justice is second to the freedom of the suspect.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum