News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alf is cool.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-10, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
I need action, not talk of announcing the announcement a 6 month plan.
I think the amount they are giving in this patch shows action. But we have to be resonable to give them some time to get the rest in.

Should they have had metagame in before they took off the beta sticker? Probably, but if you still want to play this game we have to be a bit patient. At least they are giving us a roadmap for the next 6 months to look forward to. If you dont like what you see in that, then by all means give up on the game because it wont be ready anytime soon.
Old 2013-01-10, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Methonius
Master Sergeant

All I hope for is once they get the metagame in and more continents I hope they advertise it a lot so players can come back and see if they like it again. It seems like a lot of players have written the game off already. I am one of the players that hasn't yet though because I still enjoy it and have high hopes that this game will become so much more in the future. Patience is a virtue.

Let the devs do their jobs and all will come in time. No other game out there right now even comes close to what we have right now.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-01-10 at 02:26 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
More then likely they're just indentations, trenches in the ground that get a ground level roof put on them.
We'll see. It'd be neat if they upgraded the engine to allow for actual subterranean structures... but if not, I'm willing to settle for whatever I can get. It was breathtakingly dumb to release an incomplete game. It was... frustrating... to have so much of the advice of the beta testers, vets and non-vets, set at so little value.

So now we have AMS's back, and tunnels. How long before we get a few other essential elements that lets every soldier on Auraxis think with his strategic mind as well as his gamer one? and makes the fight worth fighting beyond the point-and-click carnagefest of a conventional FPS?

They have such a long way to go and so much work to do, and the gamer-nerd Loyalty-Until-Death part of me is worried so sick. It's like having your best childhood friend in the hospital... but you remember the dumb bastard wouldn't be there if he hadn't run out in the street like a drunken frat boy.
Old 2013-01-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Nothing in there about balancing NC with the other factions, tut tut tut.
Old 2013-01-11, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
outsider
Private

Well patch #2 seems like a pretty bland name. I suggest we call it "Let's go farm at the Crown!".

The Crown is bad enough in draining people away from the continent fight, with the xp changes there is even more reason to stay and fight at the Crown, and more reason to abandon any outfit manoeuvre's that involve leaving that $%&^hole.

What I'm not seeing in this patch is any vision or synergy with meta concerns. I don't really see any chance of balancing attack and defense with the same cert gain system. I thought we wanted this game to be FTP so that the subscribers weren't playing on empty servers and that we had a constant influx of non paying players to fill up the ranks.

Well they're going to go to the crown with this patch, meaning the subscribers are going to end up playing on empty servers unless they go play on a COD size map and attack/defend the Crown.

If we want people to leave that place than defense xp changes cannot be applied there. there are already too many incentives to stay as it is.

I know Smed is releasing the 6 month plan next week, but without it, these patch notes have no meaning other than a list of grips that once fixed won't increase player satisfaction.

It doesn't matter that the reload rate is for HE weapons, or the fact that we get a tunnel from A to B or the spawn rooms have a balconny or that a player is invulnerable to x seconds after a res. All of that is just playing with your doodle until bases and outposts have a higher purpose for fighting over than +x cert gain/hour.

Until then: " Let's go farm at the Crown!"
Old 2013-01-16, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Reading the initial plan for the end of January updates again I really dont see how the game will change for me all that much.
I love playing it but I see my time in game waning and a lot of my team mates have just not bothered to play at all any more.

Its like others have already said it doesnt attack the real problems in game.
They are fixes that really should probably already be in by now.
Nothing mentioned about the flashing screen bug and rendering of all players, not just MAX's for vehicles.

I think I was happy to get any info about fixes at the time but yeah after reading it again its good but not enough.
If its taken this long to get that stuff in I can already guess whats going to be in the 6mth plan.
Old 2013-01-16, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Mathematics
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Im' not sure if any one replied to this but could not see on on first page...

Sure you did not misunderstood? "Increases to reload speed" means that the reload speed will be longer.
Increasing the speed of something makes it go faster. How it's worded in the patch notes can be confusing to someone who pays attention to units. However, one can assume that what they wrote is probably not what they meant.

It would've been better for them to say, "We are going to increase the time it takes to reload HE weapons on certain vehicles."
Old 2013-01-25, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Everything is going live as promised except help color blind people.
And they went and edited out of the notes on the officeial site with out saying anything.
Old 2013-01-25, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Crator
Major General

@Ghoest9 You'd think it would be higher on their list of things to do since it allows more players to participate on par with everyone else. Guess it's hard to implement?
Old 2013-01-25, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Everything is going live as promised except help color blind people.
And they went and edited out of the notes on the officeial site with out saying anything.
This makes me sad. The map is a pain in the ass to read and it's a bitch having to one-shot spawn beacons because I can't tell if they are NC or Vanu.
Old 2013-01-26, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #161
EVILoHOMER
Major

Have they fixed the indicator of where you are on the map yet? It always used to be so hard to see at first glance which is a big problems. I had friends who didn't think there was one but it turned out it was always hidden in a hot spot lol.
Old 2013-01-26, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
Increasing the speed of something makes it go faster. How it's worded in the patch notes can be confusing to someone who pays attention to units. However, one can assume that what they wrote is probably not what they meant.

It would've been better for them to say, "We are going to increase the time it takes to reload HE weapons on certain vehicles."
Yea, but it's an ambiguous way of expressing, whatever it is that they're expressing.

Rather like in ttk discussions people say 'increasing the ttk' erm, I know what that means but what did you intend it to mean?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion