Base/structure customization - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sigbot would so kick Aimbot's ass.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-27, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Base/structure customization

Hey guys a question just popped up in my mind. What was the level of base customization and upgrades in PS1, and what will it be in PS2 in regards to base defenses and other assets? It could get pretty monotonous and easily predicable if the same turrets will always appear on the same locations within a base.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Base/structure customization

In ps1 you could .....

deploy mines, sensors, small turrets around a base.

Each base also had mannable turrets on the walls at each corner and above the gateways.

When unmanned these were automatic and would fire at approaching enemy vehicles, albeit rather slowly. When manned they would have a faster firing rate.

Those people with the appropriate certification could upgrade these turrets to be either anti-armour or anti-aircraft.

Normal SOP for attacking tanks would be to first destroy base turrets. Standard SOP for defenders would be to repair them

In PS2 as I understand it there are no base turrets by default, however engineers can place turrets. Obviously we're not yet sure about the limitations on this.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Actually with us now knowing the look of the bases we can imagine quite a bit of base customization and how it would work. Might even make a thread about it
Old 2012-04-27, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
In ps1 you could .....

deploy mines, sensors, small turrets around a base.

Each base also had mannable turrets on the walls at each corner and above the gateways.

When unmanned these were automatic and would fire at approaching enemy vehicles, albeit rather slowly. When manned they would have a faster firing rate.

Those people with the appropriate certification could upgrade these turrets to be either anti-armour or anti-aircraft.

Normal SOP for attacking tanks would be to first destroy base turrets. Standard SOP for defenders would be to repair them

In PS2 as I understand it there are no base turrets by default, however engineers can place turrets. Obviously we're not yet sure about the limitations on this.
Thanks, this sounds good.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Yeah PS1 actually managed to stay fairly fresh due to the variety of defenses and continually evolving tactics your enemies would use.

You might attack the same base every few weeks, but one time you'd have to deal with a huge minefield near the front gate, the next time you'd have to take cover from snipers, the next time you'd get shot at by player-manned turrets, the next time you'd be hunted down by air vehicles sweeping the area for attackers, etc...

PS2 will have all these options, plus a bunch of new variety.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion