GU06 Getting the Balance Pass: Scat Maxes + All Shotguns - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So you wanna make out, or what?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-28, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: GU06 Getting the Balance Pass: Scat Maxes + All Shotguns

Not surprising at all, a little sad to hear "all shotguns" though. I hope the "balancing" isn't too brutal, as I always have enjoyed the shotgun playstyle.

Old 2013-03-28, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Well it sounds like they are nerfing all shot guns - even though the old ones were fine for 3 months.

I guess you cant introduce a new weapon with out making it actually better than the old weapons.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Judging by the amount of cry and whine shotguns have gotten towards them, they probably won't be of any use after this. I hate it when developers give in to whiners for no reason. Well, doesn't really concern me, makes cqc superduper easy (well, it is very easy even with shotguns running around). But the problem is, cqc and battles overall will be boring. Well, I'm anxiously waiting what the next "op" weapon will be.

And I've never had a problem with nc max. They are scary and can clean up a room fast. That's how a walking tank should be. They should've just buffed vs and tr max a bit.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mustakrakish
Corporal

Honestly, I'm glad to see our MAX getting some attention. I'd be okay with having the damage reduced within 5-10 m if the damage dropoff with range gets evened out a bit.

I have no real qualms about shotguns being able to OHK, but I find it exceedingly strange that the pump-actions are the only ones that can OHK without a headshot.

Hoping the Jackhammer gets some love as well. Or at least a larger magazine.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
snafus
Sergeant Major

Ty Higby, this has been a long time coming to at least admit there was an issue with the scatt max.

Old 2013-03-28, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Mustakrakish View Post
Honestly, I'm glad to see our MAX getting some attention. I'd be okay with having the damage reduced within 5-10 m if the damage dropoff with range gets evened out a bit.

I have no real qualms about shotguns being able to OHK, but I find it exceedingly strange that the pump-actions are the only ones that can OHK without a headshot.

Hoping the Jackhammer gets some love as well. Or at least a larger magazine.
I agree with this. Let the scatmax do less damage, but a tighter COF.

The Jackhammer does need a buff. It should be a go-to shotgun for a NC Heavy. Just like the Striker is now TR's go-to for lock-on launchers.

I'm interested to see how they balance the other shotguns though. The pump has 10 pellets. Which is why it was a ohk.. without the same damage it will be a 2 shot kill.. then what is the point of the others? A 3 shot shotgun is a waste of space. SMGs would become the undesputed CQC kings.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

The ScatMAX puts it's damage up front and has no sustainability. They will probably remove Slugs from MAXes and lower # of pellets. They will need to increase clip size to match.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-03-28, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Well it sounds like they are nerfing all shot guns - even though the old ones were fine for 3 month
What if they're going to pull a realism change and make shotguns less of min-claymore/pellet point sources and more like the real thing - much tighter spreads, while reducing the hitting power some?

Instead of point blank face melter, they'd be low-mid range options with a bit of accuracy slop and competitive TTKs even with a couple pellets missing (would require more pellets, probably).

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2013-03-28 at 02:39 PM.
Old 2013-03-28, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The ScatMAX puts it's damage up front and has no sustainability. They will probably remove Slugs from MAXes and lower # of pellets. They will need to increase clip size to match.
That or they could possibly reduce pellet damage but tighten spread, reducing overall damage but increasing range. Both could work I think.

Instant small arms death mechanics is just bad game design from a competitive stand point IMO (point blank may be the exception). Hopefully they can implement changes where shotties/scatMaxs are still viable but don't make you want to pull your hair out every time you encounter one.

Jackhammer could use a larger clip as well.

Last edited by Badjuju; 2013-03-28 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2013-03-28, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I remember when they nerfed scat max in beta and made them complete shit. Looks like this might happen again.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
What if they're going to pull a realism change and make shotguns less of min-claymore/pellet point sources and more like the real thing - much tighter spreads, while reducing the hitting power some?
Realism doesn't belong in Planetside 2 and if you were to make shotguns more realistic they would be much more deadly than they currently are. Especially slug rounds.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Just a quickie, what about the people that bought the product and are now disappointed with how 'their' product has now turned out ?

Test server anyone ?
We are SOL unfortunately. There's quite a few things on my list that I regret purchasing as they are garbage. At least the newer folks have the VR now and can avoid the same frustration.

Old 2013-03-28, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Realism doesn't belong in Planetside 2 and if you were to make shotguns more realistic they would be much more deadly than they currently are. Especially slug rounds.
Ok, yeah, no "realism" belongs. Gravity should repel, guns should be held by our feet. Whatever.
The point is the thing would operate more like the a modern shotgun does. Insert Sci-fi magic to justify TTK. Suck a bag of dicks, whatever.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Ok, yeah, no "realism" belongs. Gravity should repel, guns should be held by our feet. Whatever.
The point is the thing would operate more like the a modern shotgun does. Insert Sci-fi magic to justify TTK. Suck a bag of dicks, whatever.
How is this for realism, modern day buck shot will not penetrate modern day bullet proof armor.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
VaderDSL
Private

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
Hopefully they make the Jackhammer a viable weapon now. I don't think I've ever been killed by that thing, and all I hear is the NC whine about it (calling it the Jokehammer).

I remember the PS1 days where the other two empires dreaded fighting NC indoors or in a forest area because of that thing and it's triple-burst toggle.
I use the Jackhammer almost exclusively, it is a great weapon imo I get just as many kills with it and streaks as I do with the EM6 or NC6. It's overlooked imo and I'd go so far as saying it's better than either the Lasher or Chaingun which I've used, although not as much as the Jackhammer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion