Lonewolfs: Do you enjoy PS2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 16v Twin Turbo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-16, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
almalino
First Sergeant

Lonewolfs: Do you enjoy PS2?

I do

Placing the sunderer in a critical point to allow NC zerg to attack a tough base and keeping that sunderer alive at the same time supporting zerg with supplies , repairs and revives. So much fun and that ding, ding, ding sounds every time someone spawn on yer sunderer.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DarkBalths
Corporal

Re: Lonewolfs: Do you enjoy PS2?

I play lone wolf about 90% of the time, and of the other 10%, 8% of it is playing with NUC, and the other 2% is with NNG.
(Both amazing outfits.)
So, do I enjoy playing on my own? When I play VS, yes.
When I play TR? well...
You know those ceremonial Viking helmets that Vikings never actually wore? Well most of the time when I play TR on my own, it feels like I'm taking one of the horns on a helmet like that and shoving it into my ass, while the other horn is simultaneously being inserted into my penis. The helmet is then worn by a large man. The man goes onto a merry-go-round, all while my genitals and anus are still impaled atop this master beast. The momentum of the spinning carousel causes an intensely painful stretching of my rectal and penile organs.

That's what playing lone wolf TR on Waterson feels like to me.

Thank you.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
almalino
First Sergeant

I always play alone:
Old 2014-03-16, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Calista
Second Lieutenant

What is the most used class by lonewolfs? I am guessing Infil for the sniping.

Last edited by Calista; 2014-03-16 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2014-03-16, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
What is the most used class by lonewolfs? I am guessing Infil for the sniping.
My lonewolfe clases:

Infiltrator through Instant action
Engie with sunderer
Old 2014-03-16, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Belhade
Sergeant

I play alone a lot, NC on Mattherson. My play time is so late and erratic I feel guilty joining a squad/platoon if I'm not paying full attention or going on extended, unannounced AFKs. Most often I'll just load up Heavy and attach to a squad, acting as cannon fodder, or else supporting armor zerg with an Engy and ammo Sundy.
Old 2014-03-17, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I enjoy "lonewolf" when my outfit are not online (and sometimes when they are).

Mostly as sniper (I'm not good enough to be a true infiltrator).

But I also like to go medic or engi at Biolabs and Towers, keeping those players better than me going for as long as possible. And it pays the bills
Old 2014-03-17, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
findus

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I enjoy "lonewolf" when my outfit are not online (and sometimes when they are).

Mostly as sniper (I'm not good enough to be a true infiltrator).

But I also like to go medic or engi at Biolabs and Towers, keeping those players better than me going for as long as possible. And it pays the bills
Well, thats me!

I'm mostly defending, i tend to run around like a headless chicken during attacks, because i do not know the terrain...and get shot fast, so thats not funny and i'm not helpful in any way.

I do not jump in tanks, because i'm such a bad shot, so nobody looses his tank because of me...

which leaves infil, engi and HA for me.

Because of time constraints i am playing not enough in my outfit, plus i'm not feeling being very helpful....

so, yep, i like the lone wolf in fights 12+, 1v1 i loose nearly all the time, so i avoid that....
Old 2014-03-17, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

I play solo on my NC, its a totally different play style, basically you don't have the back up of a squad e.g for repairs/rez, secondary gunners. The main advantage is you can go pretty much anywhere on the map and jump around at will a lot faster as its just you. I can understand the attraction to some but PS is built around being a team game your better off in an outfit squad, but I guess some people may not be that social or have there own personal reasons for soloing.

Old 2014-03-17, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Timithos
Master Sergeant

I think that question is phrased wrong. It should be:

Do you find yourself playing lone wolf more in an attempt to get some enjoyment out of the game?

Answer: Yes

I find I have to lone wolf in order to be allowed to play skyguard more to shoot down OP galaxies and now liberators.

I find the the bulk of the good squad & platoon leaders have left the game months ago.

I find leading tools inadequate, and don't want to lead squads & platoons myself anymore. (And those tools are pathetically "tentatively" scheduled for July.)

I find I only want to play in the most defensible bases I can find on Amerish and no where else, and squads lead me where I don't want to go.

I find I don't want to follow zerg-fits.

I find I want to take objectives, not fight in an xp farm with the capture point insulated by an enemy zerg.

I find I just don't want to leave Amerish.

I find a dozen reasons these days to lone wolf then play the game in a way that should be considered normal.

Last edited by Timithos; 2014-03-17 at 09:34 PM.
Old 2014-03-18, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I almost always play lone wolf, because although I miss the backup of a good squad it's just easier to get into the game and find a fight on your own - and there's none of the waiting around that's involved in group play.

Regardless of whether I'm solo or in a squad, I generally play as a Medic - although I play all of the classes from time to time (Infil least). I used to spend a lot of time tanking, but these days I just ground-pound. It feels like the most honest way of earning xp

As for whether I enjoy it... well... I still want to like PS2, and I generally have some fun playing it - but it's often hard to find fights that are even vaguely even, and PS2 just isn't any fun at all when the odds are tipped too far either way.

Old 2014-03-20, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sadly my outfit opted out of PlanetSide 2 a few months back so when I get the chance to play lately I play lone wolf and don't really mind it. I play as an infil which is probably the best lone wolf class imo.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2014-03-20, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

Yup!

Even when I was in an outfit I played lone wolf. Then one day I discovered they'd kicked me several months back. I was sad so I killed extra enemy that day.

I play all classes and generally try to take up the slack in whichever fight I end up in. eg. if we are getting pounded by air, I will dedicate to AA work including respawning 2-3 bases away to grab a skyguard. So I suppose I'm still playing for the team, just on my own terms. Lone wolfing also saves me a lot of ulcers, if an outfit decides my balanced-fun fight needs to be won by numbers I just /suicide and go somewhere else. Fight an obvious no-win situation? I'm gone. No debate. Not drama. No stress.

I suppose the one thing I miss as a lonewolf is using my tank. I will never pull a tank unless I am guaranteed a gunner. Otherwise its just a fat, slow lightning. Oh, and Liberators. That was a thing I miss too.
Old 2014-03-21, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ringring
Contributor
General

Yea I'll play lone wolf during the day when my outfit are not online.

I like it. I play differently. I generally choose bases being hacked with even or outnumbred pop and I play more slowly and cautiously whereas with the outfit I play more for the objective - the difference difference is a matter of degree so I get better kills by playing solo.

Generally my solo class is heavy, I'm playing with the NS15-M and liking it a lot.
Old 2014-03-21, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Solo for the most part. I still enjoy playing PS2.

I've done outfits, but found that gameplay lacking for myself and my opinion of what I thought needed to be focused on and whomever was in charge of the squad/platoon at the time weren't always the same. So instead of worrying about it I just run solo and help my faction in the way I deem best utilizing all the classes and vehicles according to the situation. I also play better knowing I don't have any dedicated support. Also if I have to get off in a hurry or step away for a bit I don't have to sweat leaving my squadmates in a lurch.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion