Customization Woes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Prefered by spammers everywhere.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-02, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Customization Woes

Am I the only one who isn't really looking forward to super customization? Don't get me wrong, I like being able to work within each empires color palettes, but I can't help but think the camo patterns on the magriders in the pic below are just a bit ugly and feel out of place:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...2bdb39bb6e.png

Same goes for the camo on this Terran Republic HA:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...c20fa03674.jpg

I dunno, it just doesn't seem to work for me. Seems unappealing. Feels a bit tacked on just for the sake of having some sort of camo and not really fitting.

Am I alone in wondering if perhaps customization is going a bit too far?

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 2012-05-02 at 09:37 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Customization Woes

No.. Camo patterns is not going to far.

I'm not 100% sold on the camo for the mag, but it doesn't strike me as ridiculously out of place. The camo pattern on the HA is quite nice.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-05-02 at 09:27 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I'm not 100% sold on the camo for the mag, but it doesn't strike me as ridiculously out of place. The camo pattern on the HA is quite nice.
I dunno, the camo just looks busy and wrong to me I guess, especially on the Mags. I could see camo patterns using their empire color schemes as a basis, but the desert and forest camo are just gross looking to me in this setting and feel out of place in Planetside. I guess I just liked how in the original Planetside they didn't deviate from their empire's colors.

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 2012-05-02 at 09:37 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
I dunno, the camo just looks busy and wrong to me I guess, especially on the Mags. I could see camo patterns using their empire color schemes as a basis, but the desert and forest camo are just gross looking to me in this setting and feel out of place in Planetside. I guess I just liked how in the original Planetside they didn't deviate from their empire's colors.
Personal preference I guess. Can't please anyone. There are several assets I think are just ridiculous designs, like the Lib, VS max, and the ATV(not because its bad, but because I could go buy that exact thing today). Some people will love those camos.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Personal preference I guess. Can't please anyone. There are several assets I think are just ridiculous designs, like the Lib, VS max, and the ATV(not because its bad, but because I could go buy that exact thing today). Some people will love those camos.
Have we seen the finished VS max yet? I am sure they will tone it down a bit from the concept art.
Old 2012-05-02, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Eyeklops View Post
Have we seen the finished VS max yet? I am sure they will tone it down a bit from the concept art.
Well, we do have this:

Looks fine to me.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
Am I the only one who isn't really looking forward to super customization. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to work within each empires color palettes, but I can't help but think the camo patterns on the magriders in the pic below are just a bit ugly and feel out of place:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...2bdb39bb6e.png

Same goes for the camo on this Terran Republic HA:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...c20fa03674.jpg

I dunno, it just doesn't seem to work for me. Seems unappealing. Feels a bit tacked on just for the sake of having some sort of camo and not really fitting.

Am I alone in wondering if perhaps customization is going a bit too far?
Yea you might be the only one who thinks it's going a bit to far.

We won't know the depth of the customization until we can actually play it though. Saying "no use worrying about it until then" would be stupid but until we can play it none of us can accurately judge it either.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Kush
Captain

Ehhh this bothered me at first but now I don't mind. Idk I see where your coming from but I'm cool with it now.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

That TR looks really cool IMO. VS tank camo shown is meh, I am sure they will have a pattern for everybody (they do want to sell them to you).
Old 2012-05-03, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

I am really looking forward to seeing camo patterns in-game since I hope it will have a relevant impact on tactical game play.

I for once regard Planetside as rather realistic war game (set in a future scifi world). So, if camo patterns work in today's military why shouldn't they on Auraxis?

Also I think it can really look cool. Imagine an outfit/squad that's entirely camouflaged and you can tell these guys belong together and kick ass. I'd like to see that.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Simple case of "dun like it, dun use it" imo.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
JHendy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
So, if camo patterns work in today's military why shouldn't they on Auraxis?
3D spotting.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by JHendy View Post
3D spotting.
Hopefully it will not be too simple to spot someone so there's still a chance not to get noticed by wearing camo.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kipper
Captain

Camo will be cosmetic only, because it will be for sale, and if it creates any significant advantage, then its pay to win.

Besides that, its a great item to sell - and it means we get to play what will be an awesome game for free (or at least on our own terms) and that is something to be supported imo.

And yeah, co-ordinated outfits with co-ordinated outfits (so to speak) will be sweet.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

I personally think it's really cool that you can either choose to use an infiltration suit or a suitable camo pattern on heavier armor to achieve almost the same stealth effect.

Of course with camo your shadow and movement will betray you a little more often, but I still expect to see some awesome HA ambushes in the beta.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion