News: Planetside 2 Airsoft Event 08-12-2012 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 99 billion served, or is that McDonalds?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-03, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Planetside 2 Airsoft Event 08-12-2012

Wish I was in the area I'd definitely be down for this!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-03, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I'll be there! Come out and represent! It'll be fun times.

Note: All my posts are mine and mine alone. They have not been reviewed or approved by Sony Online Entertainment (“SOE”), and they do not necessarily reflect or express the views of SOE itself.
Old 2012-08-03, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HeatLegend View Post
This is one of those few moments when you wished you lived in the US
yup!
Old 2012-08-03, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mauser101
Sergeant

If your looking for an excuse to take some vacation time in the san diego area this is as good as any but just be aware that Mr Paintball isn't a Lion Claws or Operation Irene type of event. It's a decently sizable place but not really set up to make use of the full park for a single giant game. It's got great themed areas ( the trenches field is fantastic ) but all the fields are fairly well separated from each other and there will likely be multiple games going on at different fields at any given time.

Take a week off. Go to the game. Visit the beach. Party at the Gaslamp District. Tour Balboa Park (Air and Space museum is a must). Hit up Sea World.

http://www.sturmgrenadier.com
Old 2012-08-03, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
lMABl
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mauser101 View Post
If your looking for an excuse to take some vacation time in the san diego area this is as good as any but just be aware that Mr Paintball isn't a Lion Claws or Operation Irene type of event. It's a decently sizable place but not really set up to make use of the full park for a single giant game. It's got great themed areas ( the trenches field is fantastic ) but all the fields are fairly well separated from each other and there will likely be multiple games going on at different fields at any given time.

Take a week off. Go to the game. Visit the beach. Party at the Gaslamp District. Tour Balboa Park (Air and Space museum is a must). Hit up Sea World.
Nah, wouldn't expect them to put anything on like Irene. Unless theyre going to bring out the pyrotechnics and have some prowlers, vanguards and sunderers driving around.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Yunlaw
Private

Psyched to see this announced here. While we are encouraging people to dress in the color of their favorite faction, I'd expect a good number of people in various types of Camouflage. I know I'm debating picking up some Red and Black...

There should be some good video of the event shot. I know several combatants will be packing their GoPros, Contours, Etc... and I believe we have someone to be a full time Camera Man armed with a Glide Cam. So hopefully we'll get some Epic Shots.

If your on the fence just realize this there will be several (I won't say who) SOE employees playing. Ever want to really shoot that Dev that was responsible for nerfing your favorite class? You just might get that chance....

(Note - this post does not reflect the opinions of anyone else but the poster, who is in no way a representative of anything or anyone. He just plays Airsoft with those who are running this thing.)
Old 2012-08-03, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

I might go, I have full gear and everything.
Depends on if I get the day off.

Although I'm curious because, every event I have gone to at Mr. Paintball, adults can wear safety glasses and shemags over the mouth and ears, but I guess it makes sense to require goggles with a full mask...

Would prefer to not have to buy a full face mask really.

Last edited by RawketLawnchair; 2012-08-03 at 11:26 PM.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Danicia View Post
4. Dead men do not talk! If you're hit, you better keep your mouth shut! Unless the game rules state otherwise, the only thing you're allowed to say is "HIT". Don't try to be cute and point to where the enemy is either! After you're hit, yell out "HIT", pull out your dead red rag and walk back to a spawn point or the loading area.
What if you are on Teamspeak?

Old 2012-08-03, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
What if you are on Teamspeak?
lolwut?
Old 2012-08-03, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by RawketLawnchair View Post
lolwut?
This is your captain speaking, we are currently headed on a nice leisurely course around 26,000 ft above RocketLawnchair's head.

Old 2012-08-04, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
FlyinRabbit
Private

It sounds boring with all the rules...
Old 2012-08-04, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Yunlaw
Private

Originally Posted by RawketLawnchair View Post
Although I'm curious because, every event I have gone to at Mr. Paintball, adults can wear safety glasses and shemags over the mouth and ears, but I guess it makes sense to require goggles with a full mask....
Full Face Protection was implemented March of this year due to several teeth injuries, and concerns by Mr. P's insurance company.

There are several options. I like to play with an integrated mask/goggles. I use a savephace mask. A lot of players like to have goggles and a lower hard or mesh face covering.

Fields I've been to in LA are even more strict than Mr. P with lower FPS and also requiring ear protection and barrel caps...
Old 2012-08-04, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Uh.. where is the Vehicle Pad so I can spawn a Scyth, or do I have to cert for that?
Old 2012-08-04, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
julfo
Sergeant

Oh I wish I could come so much! Does SOE fancy buying me a ticket to fly there from the UK?? :P

Airsoft is fun. Planetside 2 airsoft is even more fun.

You're lucky you're allowed 550fps snipers, the highest permitted fps I've found in the UK is 500.

Last edited by julfo; 2012-08-04 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Yunlaw
Private

Originally Posted by julfo View Post
Oh I wish I could come so much! Does SOE fancy buying me a ticket to fly there from the UK?? :P

Airsoft is fun. Planetside 2 airsoft is even more fun.

You're lucky you're allowed 550fps snipers, the highest permitted fps I've found in the UK is 500.
That's surprising to me, most of the time when I get hit by a sniper it's like, "Hey what was that, oh look that guys waving at me... yup I got hit."

Of course if your sniper rifle can go full auto your back to the 420 limit. The higher FPS is not a real concern when it's a bolt action sniper rifle...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion