Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This isn't the ANT you are looking for
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-14, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Cooper
Private

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Higby: I spoke to you back in January during the "Metgame Design Meeting" thing. The last thing I did was bring up a small "quality of life issue". It was that Platoon Leaders cannot access /orders or /leader without also being Squad Leader. (In fact they cannot access any "Squad Leadership" certifications such as smoke).

Your response was that you were fairly sure there was a ticket out on that issue. Given it's been a while, could that be made more of a priority please

-------
Ongoing "Quality of life" issues:
1) "Squad Leadership" certs to be available to platoon leader even if they are not a squad leader

2) Update Platoon UI so that the Platoon leader can move him / herself.

3) Update Platoon UI so that the "recruitment" options display properly.
(If one squad leader updates recruitment options, the details in this section change for all platoon members. Though this does not over-write any recruitment options previously set for other squads)
Suggestion: Squad leaders can only ever see what the recruitment settings are for their squad. Add tabs for each squad to this section for the Platoon leader so they can see what has been set (and set themselves)

4) Remove kill details from text chat.
Suggestion: Tabs such as "leader" only display messages sent via /leader
Ideally: Tabs should be customisable by what feeds appear in it (from locay /say and kill details to region and leader)

-----
Small suggestion

1) Outfit calendar
(For scheduling & advertising events. Preferably one that can by synchronised with an external .ical calendar file...)
Old 2013-05-14, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

spinning droppods need to die

i want more personal waypoints

i want more loadout slots

having to pick between med kit and c4 is dumb, picking between c4 and a grenade is more understandable

cant switch gear from a vehicle without spawning another vehicle

weapon upgrade slots stipulate one of each slot (rail, barrel, sights, ammo, etc). Why not change it to you can fill up all of the slots to a max number of slots, but from any position? For example, being able to have an extended mag AND a forward grip would be awesome, even if i had to use ironsights or couldn't use different ammo as a tradeoff.

some weapons have a fire selector, most don't. more weapons should have them.

many NC weapons need buffing, because they're frankly shit to use. (EM1 for example).

outfits need more ranks to use

would like to see a template of each base type in the VR even if you need to expand it, so outfits can do scrimmages.

outfit v outfit fire should not warrant grief.

using a flashlight has no use, either give it a use and open it up so it not only is shown on other players screens, but acts as a form of deterrence in itself if players actually look at the flashlight in a dark room, or remove it.

make things dark again, and nv goggles for all classes.

let me see my vehicle timer without having to visit a terminal

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-05-14 at 10:58 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
AThreatToYou
Major

Change loadout menu to allow using number keys.

Make loadout screen save your previous loadout choice when you switch classes

Re-do / re-apply PS1 / Tribes-style voice-game-system (VGS)

Sometimes the HA shield's on/off state reverses in first-person, causing me to die from me thinking the shield was on when it was really off.

The game has no cats. With all this killing, surely you'd need some cats to console the pain. That, or ponies, but that'd cause too much of a shitstorm. Still, game lacks pony.

Warpgate spawn timer

Proximity availability of spawns being very unclear and strange, especially on Amerish

All continents are giant squares

Flash doesn't render driver's hands or wheels in 1st person

Harasser and Sunderer do not render driver's hands in 1st person, nor does the steering wheel actually turn

Flash's super-limited vertical pivot range. If it could pivot upward more with the Kobalt (and maybe only the Cobalt), it would actually be very useful at anti-air (and there'd be a reason to buy the Cobalt).

Flash S12 Renegade shotgun ---> Wtf is it used for? Allow a slug/silencer certifications maybe? Tighten spread? Idk.

There is no way to read ally movements from across the map. Ideally I'd like either a certification or a CUD that allows a player (with the proper certifications) to view all allies on the main map, no matter how far away they are. If you go the CUD route, then you can limit the "power" of this by making it a pistol-slot requirement. It's a big peeve of mine to be able to see what my allies are doing in the next territory over, to know really what I should do.

So, Quality of Life: No CUD, no Reveal Allies ability on said CUD.
I realize there might be hardware limitations on showing all alllies due to the interface being a Flash platform. That's another reason why it should be a limited-use function. Anyway.

The entire interface, aside from the HUD. I don't like it.
Is it possible to give us faction-themed interfaces?
Like the NC would have a rugged, rusted PDA device with hard-set buttons and dials, almost like a Pip Boy.
The TR would have a sleek touch-screen tablet.
The VS would have a holographic display.

The factions all have identical optics types. I'd like to see the TR using electronic zoom functions like modern military's do, the NC using purely scopes and periscopes because they can't afford or "don't need" the higher-tech optics the TR have, and the VS would have a triangular picture-in-picture zoom function.

This is for vehicles. Essentially the TR would have a large, rectangular picture-in-picture zoom. The NC would have exactly what we have now, except maybe you can insert a nice visual transition where the player can see the scope moving into view. The VS would have a smaller, triangular picture-in-picture zoom that comes up faster.

If you don't know what I mean by picture-in-picture zoom, see MechWarrior 3:

MAX units have no optics. You could apply the advanced optics suggested above to MAX units as well.
In addition, vehicles (and infantry) can only set themselves up with one optics mode. It would be nice if we had a Tribes-esque function where we could press a zoom setting button which would display a series of shrinking zoom power functions on our screen, that would give us a box displaying the FOV we would be zooming into given this zoom power. Then we would actually press the zoom button and then viola, we're zoomed in! If you've played Tribes 1 or Tribes 2, that's how the zoom function worked. It doesn't have to be available to infantry; perhaps you could give LA or combat medics a pair of ES binoculars that would do exactly that.

(obviously you couldn't switch to your weapon and start firing using this enhanced optics feature. We're future-soldiers; we really should all have some advanced optics either implanted in our eyes our in our helmet HUDs)

Sometimes I accidentally cloak when firing. It would be nice if the game did not allow you to cloak if you still had your finger on the trigger.

sometimes the reload animation for the Sweeper Shotgun does not play properly.

Sometimes, when transitioning from sprinting to non-sprinting while reloading the Phoenix, the animation does not play properly.

The standard Engineer Anti-infantry Turret is completely useless (other than deploy-able cover) and other players cannot man it.

Pistols cannot mount scopes. If we could slap a 2x scope on the Mag-Shot, it'd be so baller.

Vehicles cannot switch armaments without being re-spawned. Please give us some way to re-equip spawned vehicles.

ESF have no way to determine the altitude of targets on the minimap.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-14 at 11:07 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
4) Remove kill details from text chat.
Suggestion: Tabs such as "leader" only display messages sent via /leader
Ideally: Tabs should be customisable by what feeds appear in it (from locay /say and kill details to region and leader)
I actually want the kill feed in its own tab. Just look at how World of Warcraft does it! Multiple chat tabs, even a Combat Log... which is nauseatingly intricate, and just replacing it with a kill feed would work in Planetside 2.

Yes please to customizable chat tabs.

I'd also like to be able to set the text size on the screen in the chat. I recently went down a little in terms of resolution, suddenly I can only see 60% of the text that I could see before without scrolling. I low-res text is harder, but if I can understand the letters I'll definitely be close enough to the screen to read them!
Old 2013-05-14, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ice
Private

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Pressing more than a few buttons at the same time tends to confuse the game. While pressing forward and tab (checking alert/score/players in vicinity while in a vehicle) I can also press Right to turn my vehicle right... but cannot press left to turn it left. Which is weird. This is also for trying to turn on FPS counter while running... it doesn't work, too many buttons, gotta stop and let go of some of the keys for it to work. :?
I've never experienced this, so it may just be an issue with your keyboard if you aren't using on that is labeled as gaming/anti-ghosting. Most regular keyboards have a limit to the amount of keys that can be pressed simultaneously before ghosting occurs.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
meltdown
Private

hey Mr. Higby ! and fellow Auraxians

I am not sure if they have been counted already but here goes :

Quality of Life-
  • Liberator belly gun sometimes has the landing gear stuck
  • Liberator tail-gunner is a waste opportunity as there is no xp shared for that seat. Need some xp incentive to have someone in the tail gun MORE TEAMWORK
  • Why do we count teamkills in the death tally ? It's always frustrating to have an awesome kill-streak ended by some random teammate who hardly knew what he was doing. Keep FF ON just don't count it in the death tally. Alternatively, if revived it doesn't count the death (similar to BF3).

Annoying Bugs -
  • Optimization to improve FPS is challenging but the community will love you even more.
  • DESYNC followed by the NO DAMAGE BUG still crops up on perfectly healthy machines. Few of my friends have stopped playing this game a bit ago. You are losing valuable customers SOE.
  • MULTIPLE LOADING SCREEN (even when changing seats in a vehicle)
  • /Region chat sometimes doesn't work, especially in large battles.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it would be nice if the last load out you customized was the load out you spawned as. Right now if I spawned as Medic Loadout 01 and then die, then customize Medic Loadout 02, it will still spawn me as Medic Loadout 01 unless I specify Loadout 02. Presumably if I'm customizing a loadout, it means I'm customizing it for the situation I'm in and I want to use that loadout next.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
AThreatToYou
Major

Also, we can't switch ammunition types anymore.

Quality of Life:
I know it's a balance issue, but I don't think it's a big one. Vanu weapons lack their distinct advantage they had in PS1, and that was having a unique fire-mode ability to switch between anti-armor and anti-infantry rounds on the fly. I'd like that back and I don't even play vanu.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
LtCarman
Private

Agreed with everyone else about the spinning drop pods, very nauseating.

Probably not the biggest thing in the world for most people, but the one thing that has been absolutely bugging me since beta are the reload animations on most of the TR weapons. In the medic class, the only reload animation that isn't bugged is the SABR-13. In all the other weapons, the animation of your character pulling back the charging handle and the charging handling actually moving back are completely out of sync.

I do believe you guys fixed part of this earlier, seeing as how the magazine going into the gun isn't out of sync anymore.

If this can be fixed, it would be fantastic.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

A big thing I would like as I'm a very dynamic (even ADD) player is to be able to get 5 loadout slots per class instead of the 3 we have. Maybe you get the 4th at BR 30 and the 5th at BR 50 or something.

Another good thing would to be able to merge platoons into companies and have more tools to manage whatever size group you have.

Also, make it so that FF deaths don't count toward stats and a revive negates the death count but not the kill count on the other end. (see BF3).

Last edited by Dougnifico; 2013-05-14 at 11:21 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hypergrip
Private

Higby:
The ability to create "routes/paths/checkpoints" instead of just single waypoints would be great. Idealy the whole path would still be visible on the map, but the checkpoints you already reached are turnes light grey instead of orange/green/blue.

The decoy grenade is a joke right now. The fact that it doesn't create a radar signature limits its usefulness (silencers prevent you from showing up on the map, so something that deliberately makes loud noises should logically show up). Also - and I even hate that more than the radar thing - the sound the grenade makes are stupid. They are as "unrealistic" as it gets, that "burst fire pattern" is sooo easily identified to be fake, that I think most experienced players will fall for it less and less and less. My suggestion is to have the decoy grenade have multiple, more realistic sound patterns (one is selected when the grenade is thrown):
1.) "Full Auto" - Sound of a standard faction carabine fiering a whole clip.
2.) "Sniper" - Sound of the faction standard sniper rifle fiering. Chances are the enemy knows a infiltrator is nearby anyway, so this
3.) "Pistol" - Sound of the faction standard pistol. Here the burst fire from the current grenade might actually sound not too unrealistic.
4.) "Voice Recording" - Play fake "Need Ammo/Medic/Help" voice makros to make the enemy think there is an easy target for him.

The #1 "quality of life" thing that I think would make my life a LOT easier would be a dedicated Resupply key. When I am near a Equipment Terminal or Sunderer, often I just want to Resupply. However currently I have to use the Loadout Menu for that. Depending on how much is going on around me, opening the menu can take a couple of seconds. I lost count how many time the 5 seconds I waited for the loadout screen to show up actually got me killed... If I could simply press a different button and get resupplied without having to open any menues, that would be awesome.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Add the ability to swap out your vehicle weapons at rearm pads without having to de-spawn the vehicle. Either that or, a way to deconstruct the old one and have the timer immediately return to 0 so you can grab a new weapons loadout (still costs full resources, and can only happen if the vehicle is in full health or something).

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2013-05-14, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Pskl
Private

Quality of Life eh? Hmm..

- When driving in third person view, in a vehicle with afterburner/nitro, I'd love to be able to see the gauge so I know when I can use it again, without switching back to first person.
- Get rid of that crash when exiting Planetside 2.
- Fix the bug with exiting VR training and having to re-equip every suit slot in every loadout! Gah!
- Reducing the number of clicks to navigate any menu is always good.

Hmm, that's all I can think of, for now...
Old 2013-05-14, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
loopuleasa
Private

Smile Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

I will get a list going

- VR training ability reset bug needs fixing

- proper texted cert descriptions, with numbers and percentages displayed

- make instant action drop you on the same continent (or make an option that does so like a checkbox "Drop on same continent")

- ability to spawn at all bases across the map, but with added respawn time the farther you are (the added time should be a lot to facilitate manual transportation or gal transportation)

- an extended VGS command will make me so happy

- some overhaul done to mines (to make them more like mines and less like boxes of TNT)

- some overhaul done to lock-on and engie AV turrets (which have a shit-ton of range)

- ability to see tracer fire/see your bullets traveling clearly even on ultra low settings + making smoke appear correctly on low settings too

- make it impossible to ressurect maxes or make it that you need 2-3 medics at once to rez a max

- client crashing when redeploying/respawning are ridiculous; I'm crashing multiple times each day while playing on ultra low settings

- I would love a sound notification when my ability/flare/shield/cloak is recharged/ready

- make blockade armor, composite armor, and tank/aircraft guns inherit camo

- give a command module for the sunderer that squad/platoon leaders can use to better command their team

- some love for galaxies?

- some survivability for ESFs (against ground pounders/lock-ons)

- something done to burster maxes (make them unable to re-enter spawn rooms, make them unrezabble)

- no faction switching on the same server

- dont encourage rewards for just being present somewhere (like base cap endings and alert endings) even if you didn't help that situation at all

- some kind of timed explosive bomb for the infiltrator, that beeps and takes 10 seconds to blow; would give stealth players a nice way to play

- add a /test chat on the test server for people to discuss game-related issues

- make sunderer blockade armor give a straight up armor boost, instead of DIRECTIONAL reduction to damage (since sunderers have been patched long ago to not receive more damage from a certain direction)

- a button on the manage vehicle (PAGE DOWN) page that allows you to refresh your vehicle auto-despawn timer (meaning that you are going to use that vehicle); that's without manually going to it, entering to refresh the timer then getting out

- an option to a player's context menu that lets you "Duel" them (meaning they don't die when they reach 0 health from your fire and also you receive no grief points)

- a tutorial for new people

- drifter jump jets for light assault should allow you to very slowly climb walls

- EMP nades being a bit buggy

- Decoy Grenades not working at all correctly

- the wobbling gun you get when manning vehicle guns

- the random triple loading screen when switching seats bug

- an option to see your ping

- an auto-kick option for players with very high ping

- squad/platoon management options

- ability to set "Keep at ammount X" for resuplying your items (grenades, medkits, etc.)

That's just from the top of my head. I have a lot of things at the top of my head
Old 2013-05-14, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
AThreatToYou
Major

A big one: When zoomed in using an infantry weapon, the entire screen zooms in, not just the scope. when zoomed out, looking through the scope does not show zoom. plz fix.

(requires depth-of-field fjangling i think)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion