taking a break - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Scratching that itch no one else would touch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion

Old 2006-12-28, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

taking a break

Well it finally happened.

Jumped my carrier into a system on a station. Landed 2 km away. One hostile in system. Immediatly local jumped to 20+ Typhoon undocks and starts MWDing at me. Bumps me 5k from station. 2 BCs warp in and scram and proceed bumping me. Fighters out, Jammed. 20+ log on. All warp in from a planet. More bumping, Fighters kill a pest, Launch heavies, try to kill scramblers.

5 minutes later my tank is at about half my armor. Im pissed because im being bumped to death. Set tank, nos on a ship thats staying close, log off and pray I make the 15min. Ofc I didnt, lasted 10 more min.

Ayways Im taking a break till CCP figures out what the fuck they are doing.
Between Minnie getting the shaft all the time, new BCs, the new BS, the carrier... the bullshit game mechanics, I mean come on, bumped to death, and the sploiters doing log on traps.... yea Ive had enough. I havnt logged on Ax since it happened but my accounts are all canceled as of mid month.

No im not quiting for ever so dont ask for my stuff The only thing I cared about was that ship and all the equipment I got out of 68. Now all thats left in 68 is my 3 clones with their BS which I can get out at a later date, or sell. Peace out.
Old 2006-12-28, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: taking a break

Lemme get a few million at least.

heheh - breaks are needed in every game. Catch ya in a couple months

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-12-28, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah, logging though is slightly more lame. Though at least you put up a fight before doing it.

Old 2006-12-29, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

It was the only shot I had to save my carrier really. Given the cirumstances, I was out of fighters, and I was constantly jammed. What would you have done?

- Not arguing, just wondering if I could have saved it.... TBH I havnt even seen it on the KB or logged in, I mighta lived
Old 2006-12-29, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well, I probably wouldn't have jumped a Carrier directly to a low sec station. Especially if that system is known for pirate activity. I'd have arranged a defense force, or I'd have used a Small POS for the Cyno location.

I do realize you were probably doing this all yourself, but I would have done it differently. It's just the way I think I guess.

Old 2006-12-29, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Welp, I had scouted this system for a long time, it wasnt pirates, it was -A-. There wasnt any systems without hostiles in it and this one had one guy in it who appeared to be afk all day for the entire week before it happened. Then he undocked in the phoon. Securing a small pos at a station system would be pretty hard too considering this was an evacuation of assets not known by my corp, which considering impass is now completly lost was a good idea. Had I the option available to me I would have done what you just said but alas I did not.
Old 2006-12-29, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

What system was it?

Old 2011-07-28, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Talon
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Lemme get a few million at least.

heheh - breaks are needed in every game. Catch ya in a couple months
yeah I have to agree with this breaks are needed no matter what game you play, if you just constantly play you will get frustrated and or bored with the game, but yeah CCP needs to get bumping in check and a lot of the weapons are still unbalanced.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion