Just a little Cry about faction hopping. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu: Vipers are not ugly
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-03, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
OCNSethy
Major

Re: Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
um, the solution that was on the first page?
Oh, okay

Im thinking all the ideas are pretty good,,, once you leave the warpgate.

I still log in and collect my cert points.

Now, if we could do something with TKing griefers (non empire hopping arsehats), I would be a happy Sethy.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mordelicius
Major

Yep, griefing is out of control. They even switch just to TK you. Happens a lot to me. That's why I can't wait for the so-called improved grief report.

Sending support tickets doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

An 8 hour cooldown is insane. You're basically barring someone access from a character they may have spent MONEY on for an entire day.

A one hour cooldown would be more than adequate for solving this problem.
Old 2013-06-04, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Now, if we could do something with TKing griefers (non empire hopping arsehats), I would be a happy Sethy.
most of the ideas in here are expendable to those types of arseheads.

like the community service or scaling damagereflection.

first excessive teamkilling gets a weaponlock and the warning that next time it will hurt. next excessive teamkill spree starts to reflect damage on the griefer. so everybody who managed to get a weaponlock, will have to be more cautious from there on.
this might also be undone by playing legit or as medic and engineer for a longer time, or get a cooldown timer of 2 days or a week

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-04, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Qwan
Captain

I think one or two hour cool down would be sufficiate, 8 is a little extreme. But we also gotta remember guys PS2 is free to play and players can make like two different accounts. So the griefer wouldnt have to log into the game using the same account. Since SOE requires no accountability of accounts and they let anybody make an account you could log into your main account, and when you want to grief the enemy, you can just log into your other account, go on a quick killing spree and log off, which is what I suspect most griefers of doing. They just log out of there main, log into there griefer guy, and go to the location of the fight and grief. But I can think of one solution for this. Lets say they log into there grief account, and they TK and lock there charactor, well the lock stays when they log back off, in other words this TK has to stay logged in for his grief points to go down. That way Tk'ers, can't just log in and out, and next time they log in to go TK so there faction can win a battle, there TK charactor will still be locked.

Last edited by Qwan; 2013-06-04 at 06:05 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

I like the idea of one account per client, that way you cant just make a new account to TK paired with a 1 - 2 hour cooldown on faction swapping i think that might cut down on the issue a lot.

Old 2013-06-04, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
I like the idea of one account per client, that way you cant just make a new account to TK paired with a 1 - 2 hour cooldown on faction swapping i think that might cut down on the issue a lot.
Dislike. This punishes legit gamers like my son and I. He has the game on my wife's PC, but her PC is terrible so he plays on mine most of the time when I am not playing. Of course I could upgrade her PC to make it better, but why should I pay more just to allow my son and I to play the same game? We don't 4th faction and the only TKing my son does on purpose is kill me....
Old 2013-06-04, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

+1 for the cooldown between swapping factions yet keeping that restricted to when you leave the warpgate.

1-2 hours would suffice, with me being in favor for two hours to lock people down for the entire duration of an alert.
Old 2013-06-04, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Dislike. This punishes legit gamers like my son and I. He has the game on my wife's PC, but her PC is terrible so he plays on mine most of the time when I am not playing. Of course I could upgrade her PC to make it better, but why should I pay more just to allow my son and I to play the same game? We don't 4th faction and the only TKing my son does on purpose is kill me....

A rare situation I imagine. I think the positives probably outweigh the rare chance of a few legitimate account swappers being hurt by it. That said I have my doubts SOE has a way to enforce this to begin with. They were not willing to do what they probably should have from day 1. That is require a Credit/Debit card or something on the account. They chose as low as possible a barrier of entry to account creation, and we players suffer from abuse of it as a result.
Old 2013-06-04, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
the idea was not to limit the client to one account, but to connect the factionswitch lock to the client instead of the account.

so even the rare situation with 2 people using the same machine to play on, both can play. as long as they play the same faction or wait an hour after the other one has played.

and the situation that 2 play on one machine on different factions is even rarer. also, there might be 1 "free" direct faction change, but changing back to the first faction would not be possible for the next 2 hours.

and i don´t think we have to take care of the ultra rare situation where 2 people might want to constantly swap between 2 accounts of different sections more often than every 2 hours. i don´t believe anyone who says he needs to do this for legit play.

Old 2013-06-04, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
huller
Private

idiots shooting me in the face after having a good look at me for ten seconds.

The other Empires can bloody well keep them.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
and i don´t think we have to take care of the ultra rare situation where 2 people might want to constantly swap between 2 accounts of different sections more often than every 2 hours. i don´t believe anyone who says he needs to do this for legit play.
It's obvious the people here that don't have kids that can play... or kids at all for that matter. Statements like these are very narrow minded. Do you remember how you were when you were 12-15? You are going to tell me that you should restrict players just for changing their mind on what character they want to play?

If you look at the MLG footage that Hamma posted back from the first Planetside 2 MLG event there were kids playing with their parents trying to show them the ropes. It's pretty much the same in my house. This system you are proposing will directly impact people that share computers or legitimately swap factions, but don't abuse it.

There shouldn't be any punishment to players that are not abusing the system... period. The previous solutions that were discussed only punished the players that abuse TKing. If a player faction swaps to get the winning side of an alert then it's lame, but not against any rules and he isn't really hurting anyone. He is just taking advantage of having a character in the faction that will win the alert. I don't 4th faction in that sense. My characters are on different servers so restricting my play on the same server is a non-issue, but it would impact legit players that are not greifing or doing anything actually against the rules.

If that player switches accounts to TK and purposely cause a faction issues that they are part of then that is an entirely different story. Those players should be punished for griefing. The two scenarios are not the same.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-06-04 at 10:05 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Unbelievable that people practice this lame behavior, yes 8 hour lock on faction switch would help.

Old 2013-06-04, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

This is an important topic. Hence, it is one of the Best & most important threads ever (IMO).

There's always a solution. The question often comes down to dev cost and/or playerbase reaction to proposed change(s).

I don't think there's a ton of folks in Dragonskin's boat, but his wishes & opinions are nonetheless valid & important.

Perhaps the game can give players a choice after being TK'd. A player can hit "P" when they have the time & review any TK's that occured since they logged on. Players can check a box by each TK incident.

No complaint .... a friend messing around, or whatever.
Unknown ......... in a mass battle situation, TK's do happen.
Intentional ....... an ASSHAT .... not always a griefer, but still punishable.

What I like about a system like this is that players that receive a LOT of the 2nd or 3rd category will eventually be flagged for some sort of discipline, or ban.

A person with a LOT of TKing would be subject to the damage reversal idea ..... when he shoots a friendly, it damages only himself.

Empire Switching ?
2 hour cool down is fine. Only activates when you leave the warpgate so those doing character & cert maintenance don't kill their options of which Empire to play once they're done with basic account/character management.

TK player/account lockdown has a timer that only runs while you're logged in as that player. I LOVE the idea that Greifers with alts can't log onto their asshat alts & automatically come back later, or the next day ...... the Character (alt) Grief Ban lasts for 2 hours of in-game active play time .... with MINIMUM support requirements .... X amount of Engie ammo/repairs, X amount of Med healing, X amount of Enemy Empire Killing with Friendly Fire only hurting thier won self (character) .... zero ability to TK while in Restricted-Play Mode.

PROFESSIONAL GREIFERS NEED TO BE DRASTICALLY CURTAILED. It's a major problem that has not been made a high enough priority.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-06-04 at 11:39 AM.
Old 2013-06-04, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Shogun
Contributor
General

sorry dragonskin, i didn´t mean to attack you or other players with kids!

and i also think that punishing legit players should be kept as low as possible.
i really thought, the last post wouldn´t affect many players.

i´ve got another solution ready ;-)
what, if the client would keep track of griefpoints, and only lock the faction for all accounts, when multiple griefing issues have been detected? legit players wouldn´t see the restrictions as long as nobody playing on the computer is a hard griefer.

griefers could do their thing for a short time, but would then face the restrictions and would have to contact soe to get it unlocked again. fathers could get it unlocked again but would have to talk to their kids about griefing and how this behaviour will have consequences.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion