News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not make love to your PS CD.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-09, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Some great changes there, which really look like they're going to help address one of the biggest issues in the game right now - the constant spawn-camping, especially by vehicles.

Even as a keen tank-driver, I'm glad to see I'm going to have to work a little harder for my kills and XP from now on - and be more rewarded when I take a break from tanking to do support work or defend outposts.

Good work devs, you're really helping to rebuild my faith in this game after a shaky start with the rushed beta.

Also, I know it's not a priority - but I'd still love to see some kind of cert that lets my gunner control the main gun and allows me to concentrate on driving, so I hope that's on the list somewhere.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

All good news to me.

Better visibility of defense XP might encourage players to defend more, especially as you can now access the main facility safely thanks to tunnels and a redisigned spawn building. Coupled with lower XP gains and respawn invulnaribility, these could all reduce the occurence of spawncamping.

At the very least, it will make it more profitable for defenders if they manage to kill a spawncamper or two, who will presumably be worth a lot more XP than said defender!
-e-
Come to think of it, if this isn't an incentive to go to great lengths to take down a spawncamping liberator, I don't know what is. Even in a suicide run, imagine the big bonus for taking the bird down.
-e-

I'm curious to see what the SMG's are all about (perhaps usable by Infiltrators?).

@gunshooter: PS2 already has carbines and IRL SMG's are not carbines. But I do agree with you to an extent, I'd like to see how they will fit in with what already exists in the game.

They're taking what the community says into account, even if they appear to fail to address all the concerns (some which I don't necessarily share, but that's not my point). I certainly don't expect them to fix everything in a single stroke, nor would I agree with such an approach. It's a start, and that's what's important to me.

Last edited by Dodgy Commando; 2013-01-09 at 04:04 AM.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
OpolE
Sergeant Major

So no new Continents and people are leaving the game because they probably think Planetside2 is a tri-island shooter and it plays like cod/bf3.

Lack of content I want as a customer tbh, seriously.

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2013-01-09, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Archonzero View Post
Yay to dynamic xp an other coming fixes, changes, additions.

While tunnels is a cheap fix (a welcome one) to the overall issue, I would much rather opt to a more defensive minded layout for major bases.
Agreed.

Nothing about undoing the odd change to the Tech Plant in the previous update - the one that made the generator insanely vunerable.

I also thought that underground structures couldn't be done in this engine, so maybe they've updated the engine similar to when water wasn't possible.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Dreadino
Private

Dynamic XP system for player kills, players who have more kills are worth more XP. Freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward.
Great change, make it so player with more xp worth more xp and that's a deal!
This way killing a badass engeneer that didn't shoot a single bullet but was a repair/ammo master will give me more xp than shooting the dumbass LA that scored 2 kills with a C4.

Oh and extend that to Sunderers, more spawns/resupply, more xp!

Last edited by Dreadino; 2013-01-09 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

"Tunnels under bases", as in "big ass tunnel layouts with rooms and important capturable/destroyable objectives where everyone will have to focus on infantry CQC, with a lot of Planetside 1 base-layout inspiration", or as in "long and boring tunnel to go from point A to point B, and useful only to walk around the enemy's blocus on your spawnroom" ?

I hope the first option will be used, but I fear it'll be the second.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
ringring
Contributor
General

Oh I forgot. They're working on new player experience, so it looks like that didn't make the cut this time around.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Suitepee
Corporal

Will be interested to see what those tunnels look like.

And it'd be nice if they could fix the MOTD also so it actually remains when I put in a new one.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Dynamic xp and invulnerable for newly spawned is a great fix imo. We should see less Sundy camping now. Far less. Add in increased HE reload times. Beerbeer should be happy

Tunnels - good to see (screw you flyboys) - mana turrets just got useful. And lashers sadly.

SMG - I guess one handed Uzi types for inf class?

Hopefully a boost in frames for my graphics card too. I think 5770 qualifies as "older"

Old 2013-01-09, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

He didnt go full retard, wow

New spawn buildings with more exits, protected balconies and easy roof access to make them less campable.

Tunnel systems for amp and tech facilities to give access from spawn rooms to interior of bases and base walls without having to go above ground.

New weapon type for all empires: SMG
Making MAXes render more reliably at long distances for players in vehicles

Increases to reload speed for certain HE ground vehicle weapons
Air vehicle weapon tweaks
assuming a buff for that, including op lib a2g weapons...

Spoke too soon. nevermind.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-01-09 at 06:19 AM.
Old 2013-01-09, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
"Tunnels under bases", as in "big ass tunnel layouts with rooms and important capturable/destroyable objectives where everyone will have to focus on infantry CQC, with a lot of Planetside 1 base-layout inspiration", or as in "long and boring tunnel to go from point A to point B, and useful only to walk around the enemy's blocus on your spawnroom" ?

I hope the first option will be used, but I fear it'll be the second.
Yeah... I have the same concerns.. let's hope for the best.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-01-09, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by MyOdessa View Post
Higby loves air power, so he does not address or care about #1 complaint on forums, i.e. OP air power, especially Liberator.

Great job on not responding to the main complaint in PS2 so far. Minor redesign of bases, but no plans on improving meta-game or defensibility of bases.

Pilots can continue to farm everything on the ground, without hard counter from the ground.

Airside 2 FTL.
cry some more baby. planetside 2 ftw
Old 2013-01-09, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Brutal Magikarp
Private

I really, really hope they fix the Outfit tab soon...
Old 2013-01-09, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Great to see an SMG coming into the game, but I think its implementation requires a larger range of weapon stats. In the SMGs case, it needs to have killer hip-fire at short range, but it should also allow players to move faster - relative to players with other types of guns - when aiming down sight.
Old 2013-01-09, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Saraketh
Private

"Resource bonus moved over to continent population instead of global"

That sucks a little, its only 10% and what's the point, once you conquer, you don't come back to the continent unless you need to, to stop it be re capped.

All continents should feel the benefit if your side caps a continent
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion