Suicide Bombers....Make the explosions somewhat big - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You'e been warned...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-12, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Suicide Bombers....Make the explosions somewhat big

I was just reading the pc gamer magazine today(didn't finish)....and I saw that the guy talked about puting explosives on an atv and making it to a suicide bomber car.

I think that is totally badass....I used to use this tactic in BF2 and some other games.

In Planetside I used the mosquito,galaxy,reaver to crash in the vehicle re spawn console, where people use to gather so they could use it.

In planetside the explosions weren't that huge but I did kill people.

So I was hoping that cars full of explosions have a somewhat big explosions....not a huge radius tho but it should be pretty powerful and be believable.

I would love to crash into some tanks or troops and kill myself and them.

Thanks.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Knocky
Major

Re: Suicide Bombers....Make the explosions somewhat big

Umm...the smart driver will bail off the ATV before the b00m.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Umm...the smart driver will bail off the ATV before the b00m.
hmmmm why in the hell would I want to be pretty much dead?

I guess it depends but if u can jump off u should be almost dead IMO.....also if the explosion is big enough u will get caught....and better accuracy if u stay on.

Also it defeats the purpose of being a suicide bomber.....
Old 2012-03-12, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sirisian
Colonel

I'm still not sure, but I think we can attach C4 to friendly maxes (Higby said we can attach it to enemy maxes). If that is true then it would open the doors to a more literal suicide bomber. That is you have squad-mates strap C4 to you and you rush in and try to kill some players then tell them to detonate you to clear the room.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stardouser
Colonel

C4? Was that in the first planetside? And if so was suicide ramming?
Old 2012-03-12, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I really hope they reconsider this whole suicide bomber jihad tactic. It sounds fucking awful.

What does that bring to gameplay other than frustration and a two second e-boner for the guy who did it. It's just stupid to me

Higby's a big BF3 player, you think he'd sort of protest that sort of thing.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-12, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
I really hope they reconsider this whole suicide bomber jihad tactic. It sounds fucking awful.

What does that bring to gameplay other than frustration and a two second e-boner for the guy who did it. It's just stupid to me

Battlefield has always been about sandbox freedom...but it's actually a bit more difficult to C4 ram in BF3 than it has ever been before. Vehicles don't corner well, and disabling makes it very hard to reach your target.

But what it does bring to gameplay in Battlefield is if a tank is raping your team and you can't bust through his team of 3 engineers repairing him, you can sometimes make it through and get him off your team's back.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-03-12 at 11:14 PM.
Old 2012-03-12, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Higby's also a massive troll. I bet he sits at the enemy spawn putting C4 into helicopters all game, every time he plays BF3 ;p

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-03-12, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Higby's also a massive troll. I bet he sits at the enemy spawn putting C4 into helicopters all game, every time he plays BF3 ;p
That's a completely valid tactic, but unfortunately, you can't do it. BF3 bases where the helicopters spawn are out of bounds to the enemy.
Old 2012-03-13, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dreamcast
Major

I already used it in Planetside 1...so stfu and I know others did as well.

It brings alot to gameplay..a new element which adds more depth...and is not as easy as it sounds.....If the frontline is good enough, you will be blown up before you can do suicide bombing.

I say jets will be the best to do suicide with like in the first planetside...even then it will be hard with all the missles etc.

Doing a successful kamakazi suicide bombing gives you like 4 hour boner...Is really awesome, setting it up just perfectly to get 4 kills + is just awesome(hope the explosion is good enough for atleast 5).

Higby wants real tactics in planetside to add depth according to PC gamer....Like the using the sun to blind your opponents...so suicide bombing is a real tactic in real life which adds depth...

So yes higby is for it.....Umad?

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
No....I don't think you could put mines/c4 in the vehicles in the first planetside..Im pretty sure you couldn't but is been a while since I played.

I was just saying you could suicide bomb with a plane....kamakazi style...I think u could do it with vechiles..not sure but it was harder.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-03-13 at 12:07 AM.
Old 2012-03-13, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
There were remote detonated explosives called "boomers".

There were 2 ways to detonate them - pulling the trigger, or hitting it with an EMP grenade (a "jammer"). Just shooting them or ramming with a vehicle would not set it off. One boomer does not deal much damage to a tank, and if you could place several on your ATV or buggy or whatever (I don't think you could place them on vehicles?), you could still only set off one at a time with your trigger and the first one would vaporize all the rest.

The closest thing to it would be bailing out of an aircraft and timing it so the falling aircraft would land and explode in a crowd. Galaxies would make a fairly powerful, large radius explosion. A good gal bomb looks like an orbital strike in the kill spam chat window, but it would kill you every time. Once you bail out, a single bullet will detonate your empty, falling aircraft - so you had to wait until the last minute to bail out on top of a crowd of people shooting at you.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-03-13 at 12:27 AM.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

This all breaks down when you remember we'll have cloaking vehicles.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

What about the griefing aspect to that? There will be people sticking c4 to friendly maxes just to irritate them. If they implement this "feature" I sure as hell want a button that makes it fall off me. I don't care too much for the random noob putting c4 on my max, or vehicle for that matter.

If they don't give me a button, please make the grief massive for this one. Take away the c4 for a day or something. A one shot deal per day, or some duration of time.

Last edited by Eyeklops; 2012-03-13 at 02:25 AM.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

I don't want to see this being too big a tactic really. If you can kill so many people with it then it will become a rinse and repeat strategy.

There's space for a bit of crash damage to make it a valid final retribution if you are on the verge of death. But a big explosion is not good.

PS1 had a bigger limiter on this because the increasing spawn timer rapidly made it a poor choice over time. If respawn times are being reduced and suicide bombing is effective every time you get near a base you are going to see waves of crashing planes.

Now loading someone up with boomers C4 at least has a bit more of a delay to it, but again too effective and it becomes the best tactic... reducing the game to some sort of explodey lemming crash simulator.

Has to be a poor tactic by design or it will become the only tactic.

Old 2012-03-13, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
getcarter
Private

While i frown at such underhand tactics i do hope that they do not curtail certain freedoms and imaginative ways of attack. It is war after all and dirty tactics are still tactics. Perhaps a longer time to spawn in for suicide would be a penalty for such things while retaining the freedom to do so would be enough.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion