The Oracle of Death, Part II - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This Quote Cost Me $100
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-01-16, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Chewy
Major

Re: The Oracle of Death, Part II

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Imagine being NC. They were out in that cold for months.
The Canister still isn't good next to either the Marauder or PPA in my opinion. At least those 2 get splash damage to make up for misses and high speed misshaps. A shotgun is still a shotgun that has to deal with 2 kinds of spread and needs direct hits to do damage.

I also don't use the ES vehicle weapons that much myself anyway. Only on a Vangaurd do I have an Enforcer and I don't like to pull that vehicle. A Halberd is great on anything and the bassy kicks ass, more so on a Sunderer team. The Enforcer is a good weapon, I just hate aiming with that dot you get and it sounds kinda puny to me.

I think that making an AV weapon not work all that well on infantry is a good thing. I like that the Fracture isn't used for AI anymore and that they can still do real damage to vehicles. One TR MAX with a bit of range will ruin your day as a vehicle driver, but get close and that MAX shouldn't be a hard kill. Fractures are a ranged weapon, not a in the fray weapon. I can't easily take my Ravens into a fray, why should the other factions? Up close is suppose to be for Comets, Falcons, and Pounders and they all do that very well.

Speaking of Pounders. They are just deadly. Can't say more than that, I just don't see any reason to bitch about the Pounders anymore with how good they are now.

All weapons are suppose to be a side-grade. Gain something for loosing another part. If a one weapon is better for you, then great! If it isn't better for you, then try another. There shouldn't be a single weapon in the game that is highly used other than stock gear. If a weapon is overused, then it isn't in its niche yet.

Then again. All of this is my opinion. I have nothing to back any of this up but my gut feeling.
Old 2014-01-18, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
MerlO
Private

Originally Posted by SonofSkz View Post
Did anyone ever figure out if it is possible to get roadkill stats? I'd just like to see it so maybe we can get a weed whacker or something added to the magrider.
Should be possible, i'll try and add it in.

Old data from the week after PU02 nuked, available here if anyone wants it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

Period 2 in this file was the day before PU02.

Now started collecting again after the latest patch
Old 2014-01-20, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
MerlO
Private

I've been able to add the API vehicle destruction stream into maradines stat collection system ( the Oracle of Death ).

Info and Limitations:
  • Vehicle suicide - includes world kills - i.e vehicle destroyed in restricted areas such as map edges. Decided not to include self destroying your own vehicle with a weapon under suicide - it's collected under the weapon.
  • Vehicle collision - i.e where there is no attacker weapon, and attacker id isn't the same as vehicle character id. This includes friendly vehicle collisions as i'm not sure how to get the faction of the attacker id.
  • Newly created players not saved in system are not included as the attacker weapon id is not available. Vehicle deaths from tutorial,VR training not included.
  • NS weapons are collected together (C4,Decimator etc..), the problem is not knowing attacker faction id as above.
  • No attempt is made at normalizing the data for population - lately NC seems to be over popped somewhat.
Old 2014-01-20, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
MerlO
Private

ESF Deaths for the last 2-3 days:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&usp=sharing

I've ranked the top 15 weapons responsible for deaths on the summary sheet. Perhaps some further refinement is needed such as combining burster max arms etc...

ESF Suicide % is close across all factions although scythe collision % is a little different. Is the scythe physically larger than the other 2 ESFs and so more likely to have a collision? Or maybe it's due to Indar warpgate position of the canyons somehow?

I'll post other vehicles as I get around to it...
Old 2014-01-20, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

People have been using the Scythe to ram other ESFs for some time now, because of the how the landing gear and ramming works. That might account for the sligthly higher collision rate, for when the ramming fails.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-20, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by MerlO View Post
ESF Deaths for the last 2-3 days:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&usp=sharing

I've ranked the top 15 weapons responsible for deaths on the summary sheet. Perhaps some further refinement is needed such as combining burster max arms etc...

ESF Suicide % is close across all factions although scythe collision % is a little different. Is the scythe physically larger than the other 2 ESFs and so more likely to have a collision? Or maybe it's due to Indar warpgate position of the canyons somehow?

I'll post other vehicles as I get around to it...
Very interesting but these numbers on suicides and collisions don't surprise me as aircraft always seem to die to terrain more often then enemy fire.

Old 2014-01-20, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

At least the numbers show how useless the striker is against air nowadays...
Old 2014-01-21, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
SerethiX
Corporal

Nerf trees!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Old 2014-01-21, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
MerlO
Private

Originally Posted by SerethiX View Post
Nerf trees!
And canyons and desert
Old 2014-01-21, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
At least the numbers show how useless the striker is against air nowadays...
Yet it still outperforms its counterparts (Phoenix/Lancer) by a wide margin..
Old 2014-01-21, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
Against air? Naturally.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-21, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
The Striker was specifically made to lock onto vehicles. The lancer and phoenix can be used against infantry, with maxes included. Naturally it outperforms the other ES launchers against air. It's performance however is awful..
Old 2014-01-21, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
The Striker was specifically made to lock onto vehicles. The lancer and phoenix can be used against infantry, with maxes included. Naturally it outperforms the other ES launchers against air. It's performance however is awful..
Well, can't say nothing about the Phoenix as i haven't used it (yet). But i do have both Lancer and Striker (bought the Striker after the nerf btw), and having some gametime with both, there's no doubt in my mind which one is better, no matter the target (ye you can target infantry with Lancer, but it's pointless as you will lose everytime if they shoot back at you).

I didn't try the pre-nerf Striker at all as it was so ridiculously OP, but it's still far better than Lancer even after the nerf. That said, i wouldn't mind a small range increase for it.

EDIT: There's a way to make Lancer effective, it's just not very practical; find a place where you can shoot from range (high ground on open area where targets have nothing to use as cover (around Dahaka for example). Find 10+ guys that can hit moving targets at visual range. Then lead them all, as in tell what target to shoot and when. When 10 guys hit that same target at same time, it will die no matter what it is. We used to do this every now and then when i was still in Trident, those were the only times i remember where Lancer was worth spawning.

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2014-01-21 at 09:12 PM.
Old 2014-01-21, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

That overall effectiveness of the ESPLs seems largely irrelevant.
The stats in question shows ESF deaths and what destroyed them.
Naturally the Striker will outperform both the Phoenix and Lancer because it's a lock-on. Neither the Lancer or Phoenix were designed to take out targets like the ESF, even though it can be done.
If you want to argue that changes are needed overall then those are the wrong stats to go by.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2014-01-21 at 11:36 PM.
Old 2014-01-22, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
That overall effectiveness of the ESPLs seems largely irrelevant.
The stats in question shows ESF deaths and what destroyed them.
Naturally the Striker will outperform both the Phoenix and Lancer because it's a lock-on. Neither the Lancer or Phoenix were designed to take out targets like the ESF, even though it can be done.
If you want to argue that changes are needed overall then those are the wrong stats to go by.
Oh i know this, i'm not the one who's whining about the Striker. My point was that it's still quite usable, and more in line with others after the nerf.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion