News: MMORPG Interview - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To activate the cheat mode, press alt-F4
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-10, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

MMORPG Interview

http://www.fpsguru.com/game/284/arti...att-Higby.html
Old 2012-04-10, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Re: MMORPG Interview

I have a feeling this interview will make a lot of people happy with that little bit of info at the end.

PS: My ears are bleeding from the sound quality of this video and the stereo field is flipped.

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2012-04-10 at 08:57 PM.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
I have a feeling this interview will make a lot of people happy with that little bit of info at the end.
I am very happy with this little piece of information. Cannot wait to see what it looks like for the scythe
Old 2012-04-10, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
I am very happy with this little piece of information. Cannot wait to see what it looks like for the scythe
well, I was talking about the ability to cert a tank so that another player can control the main gun, but I'm also super excited for the 3D cockpits as well.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Truemedic
Private

well, I was talking about the ability to cert a tank so that another player can control the main gun, but I'm also super excited for the 3D cockpits as well.

I confess, when I heard him say that they have 3D cockpits officially in, I giggled like a little girl and then again when he said they were really considering the option to have a separate driver and gunner.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Truemedic View Post
I confess, when I heard him say that they have 3D cockpits officially in, I giggled like a little girl and then again when he said they were really considering the option to have a separate driver and gunner.
He sounded quite serious when I chatted with him about it.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Truemedic View Post
I was REALLY hoping for the cockpits as well! Woot!!

I have to say that at least having the option to have a secondary gunner makes sense for a team based game. A good 2 person team would likely be better than a good single person in the same vehicle. The Y-Wing in SWG had two variants, one with two forward fixed pilot operated gus and another with a gun for the pilot and another for a gunner. The one with the gunner could shoot in 360 degree half sphere over the ship. Not sure how useful that was in swg's "one shot, one kill" space pvp, due to the 2 man y-wing being a low mass chassis, but the principle could work in ps2, as it's a trade off.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Destroyeron
Troll x2

PS: My ears are bleeding from the sound quality of this video and the stereo field is flipped.
And Maxs costing resources. Son of a bitch.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Destroyeron View Post
And Maxs costing resources. Son of a bitch.
I doubt they will cost that much compared to MBT's or aircav. It may also help balance MAXes (along with having slower turning that can't be bypassed by exploits), allowing them to be that much more devastating against infantry and especially vehicles.

Everyone being able to be certed in everything made it seem like MAX crashes would be a lot more common, but maybe with them costing resources it will keep the numbers down. I just hope it means MAX crashes are that much more awesome and devastating when they do happen.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zulthus
Colonel

Much of this news has completely renewed my hype, especially hearing that you can have a dedicated driver and gunner. The 3d cockpit really helped too. I am so glad that they decided to listen to the players again and throw that option in for us. Too awesome!
Old 2012-04-12, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Excellent news that tanks could get dedicated gunners.

I'd like to know more about when humans assign missions to the masses. Will there be one overall commander per empire per server or perhaps a council of commanders?

Old 2012-04-10, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

We are so close....I wants.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Stardouser
Colonel

So you can't just pull unlimited vehicles after all? But wait...can resources be bought with station cash and if so, can that be used to render moot any loss of resources? Or are there any other ways to make it useless to take resources? ie, saving up for a rainy day, etc.

What info are you talking about making people happy? The secondary gunner?
Old 2012-04-10, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
So you can't just pull unlimited vehicles after all? But wait...can resources be bought with station cash and if so, can that be used to render moot any loss of resources? Or are there any other ways to make it useless to take resources? ie, saving up for a rainy day, etc.

You can't buy resources, you can buy some stuff with cash that you would usually buy with resources. But, spawning a vehicle will cost resources no matter what.

And the info could be the cockpits or the beta info.
Old 2012-04-11, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post

Well, I'd always i9magined that there would be some limitation on tanks.

In ps1 you could only pull a tank from sanctuary or if you were on a continent if your empire owned a tech plant. So, if you didn't have a tech plant it became an objective to go get one. Similarly in ps2, if you can't get a tank because of lack of resources it becomes an objective to go get the resources.

And yea, the capability of dedicated driver/dedicated gunner is what was most interesting. A good tank team will murder solo driver/gunners.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion