Giving continents a purpose. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where u can commit suicide daily.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-08-25, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Giving continents a purpose.

Seriously, everywhere else is nowhere near as active. The other continents don't have nearly the same traffic and for whatever reason people decide to fight on the same one day after day after day (Indar) yet continue to yell MORE CONTINENTS even though they don't get nearly the same amount of traffic.

To this end there needs to be more incentive to fight on other continents and perhaps even a penalty for fighting on the same one too long to encourage this. Or give other continents some MAJOR benefits when being fought on (Note that I say being fought on, not majority control). Something along those lines. Alerts just aren't going to do it because, let's be honest, who really cares about them off indar?
Old 2014-08-25, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Giving continents a purpose.

The reason (atleast for some/many of us) we want more continents is to get the intercontinental lattice going. You know, the very basic core mechanic of Planetside. Would be nice to have that one day.
Old 2014-08-31, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
The reason (atleast for some/many of us) we want more continents is to get the intercontinental lattice going. You know, the very basic core mechanic of Planetside. Would be nice to have that one day.
Younglings do not understand what it is to think strategically.

Then again, neither did the dev team for a good long while.

/le sigh
Old 2014-08-31, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Slaughtz
Private

All they need to do is invert 'bonuses' so they appear to the players like they're being punished to -% for being on a continent of which they have a higher population.

That is, -10% would be the current 0% bonus amount of XP gain, just as an example. I did no fancy maths for this. That's their job. However, a mistake for them to look out for: don't get lazy on the maths and just lower XP gain for players. Make it appear as if they're losing XP. In even continent match ups or fights (idk if you do region or continent wide for it) it should be 0%. By the standards today, this would be giving a bonus to continents with even populations. Deal with it? There should be incentives for people to fight evenly. Heavy incentives. Or apparent heavy disincentives to zerg a continent 60/40.

Then again maybe the problem is just population. Need more people playing to fill up the actual continents.

The new continents and the intercontinental lattice system locking might fix this.

There's: Indar, Esamir, Hossin and Amerish.

The intercontinental lattice system could be done right now in a smaller form - the problem is simply that one continent cannot hold the whole server.

However, I do think that two continents could hold the whole server?
If that's true, they could lock 3 continents at a time and have better battles across the two.

So yeah, more continents is a potential answer to the problem of it being Indarside.
Old 2014-09-02, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OpolE
Sergeant Major

The continents locking and then opening once another continents is won, is a FUCKING JOKE!!!!!!!

4000+ Hours of PS1
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion