My thoughs on ProSiebenSat.1 after talking to them at SOELIVE - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean "Electronic"??
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-22, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
relicuk
Private

My thoughs on ProSiebenSat.1 after talking to them at SOELIVE

At SOELIVE I sat in the Q&A session with ProSieBenSat.1 team and had a chat afterwards, and what I heard made me feel better about ProSat after really only hearing bad press about them on all forums that talk about SOE.

Firstly I know there have been changes announced about SOE accounts not needing to be migrated over to them if you do not wish to, which is on the back of all the feedback they have had from the previous announcements. What was said is now they will focus on getting new players in to SOE games why respecting the veteran players of PS2 and the other SOE games, and in the process trying to build trust of current players and allowing them to migrate when ever they want to. What they showed though the session was that the team who will be managing the support are them self gamer's and enjoy playing the games that we all love playing with SOE, and that they also do not want this to fail personally and not just for business.

ProSat support for SOE games are going to be totally separate from any of the other games that they support which they openly admit are pay to win and they do not want this to happen to SOE games, and will be working along side SOE to make sure that between the two companies they are keep things balanced between the USA and EU players why offering better support to the EU players that SOE have admitted they find hard to provide and hope to learn why working with Prosat, ProSat have got 100+ team and growing to support the SOE games.

For the UK guys who wonder if SOE games will be advertised over in the UK as ProSat does not have a big presence there, they have said that they are working with a partner (which at this time they can not say who) that will be working with them to put SOE games out there so we should at some point start seeing the kind of adds they had at games con in Germany coming over here and TV ad’s. We may also see an SOE LIVE type event coming over to the UK we will just have to wait and see.

Finally I want to thank the ProSat team who developed the faction shirts for PS2 as they look awesome and are an example of what may be available to buy later when the game is released along with much more game related products.

I know everyone will still have their doubts over this new support set up but we can only wait and see how things turn out. But remember if you are a current SOE subscriber in the EU there is no one forcing you to migrate your account.

Last edited by relicuk; 2012-10-22 at 08:23 PM.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
relicuk
Private

Re: My thoughs on ProSiebenSat.1 after talking to them at SOELIVE

copy and paste from word as was typing on laptop
Old 2012-10-23, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Thanks for the write up, I may not be in Europe but it's good to read about this.

What did the shirts look like?
Old 2012-10-23, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Thanks for the post. As a UK player I'm watching this space closely

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-10-23, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rwyn
PlanetSide 2 Europe
Community Manager

Originally Posted by relicuk View Post
At SOELIVE I sat in the Q&A session with ProSieBenSat.1 team and had a chat afterwards, and what I heard made me feel better about ProSat after really only hearing bad press about them on all forums that talk about SOE.

Firstly I know there have been changes announced about SOE accounts not needing to be migrated over to them if you do not wish to, which is on the back of all the feedback they have had from the previous announcements. What was said is now they will focus on getting new players in to SOE games why respecting the veteran players of PS2 and the other SOE games, and in the process trying to build trust of current players and allowing them to migrate when ever they want to. What they showed though the session was that the team who will be managing the support are them self gamer's and enjoy playing the games that we all love playing with SOE, and that they also do not want this to fail personally and not just for business.

ProSat support for SOE games are going to be totally separate from any of the other games that they support which they openly admit are pay to win and they do not want this to happen to SOE games, and will be working along side SOE to make sure that between the two companies they are keep things balanced between the USA and EU players why offering better support to the EU players that SOE have admitted they find hard to provide and hope to learn why working with Prosat, ProSat have got 100+ team and growing to support the SOE games.

For the UK guys who wonder if SOE games will be advertised over in the UK as ProSat does not have a big presence there, they have said that they are working with a partner (which at this time they can not say who) that will be working with them to put SOE games out there so we should at some point start seeing the kind of adds they had at games con in Germany coming over here and TV ad’s. We may also see an SOE LIVE type event coming over to the UK we will just have to wait and see.

Finally I want to thank the ProSat team who developed the faction shirts for PS2 as they look awesome and are an example of what may be available to buy later when the game is released along with much more game related products.

I know everyone will still have their doubts over this new support set up but we can only wait and see how things turn out. But remember if you are a current SOE subscriber in the EU there is no one forcing you to migrate your account.
Hi relicuk,

thank you very much for your feedback. We really have appreciated the talks we all have had in the course of SOELive and of course we've learned a lot.

Maybe we'll see us all next year again and I hope we'll also get much more written feedback about our presence at SOELive from other players.

Thank you relicuk,

Rwy'n

Edit @Captain1nsaneo:
VS jersey: http://on.fb.me/Smn7Q2
NC jersey: http://on.fb.me/T8uR6p
TR jersey: http://on.fb.me/RileEo

Last edited by Rwyn; 2012-10-23 at 08:50 AM.
Old 2012-10-23, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Rwyn View Post
Hi relicuk,

thank you very much for your feedback. We really have appreciated the talks we all have had in the course of SOELive and of course we've learnt a lot.

Maybe we'll see us all next year again and I hope we'll also get much more written feedback about our presence at SOELive from other players.

Thank you relicuk,

Rwy'n

Edit @Captain1nsaneo:
VS jersey: http://on.fb.me/Smn7Q2
NC jersey: http://on.fb.me/T8uR6p
TR jersey: http://on.fb.me/RileEo
yeah you guys gave us a bit of shock at the start but once we got to know you the LUBZ now reigns

Oh and on a side note, as a European Nobel Peace Prize winning Laureate can I get one of those TR jerseys pwetty please hehe
they are awesome sauce

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-10-23, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

The ProSieben guys were awesome! Enjoyed meeting them at SOE Live.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-23, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

All I can say is that I'm extremely happy that I don't have to migrate my SOE account to ProSiebenSat1.

It's great that the move is now a voluntary one. It means that those who do want to make the move can do so whenever they want to. It also gives ProSiebenSat the chance to prove themselves to the MMO market, without the burden of a hostile playerbase that bitterly resents their "forced move" to a new service provider.
Old 2012-10-23, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Tbh i never really got what the fuzz is about with pro7 in this case.

BUT i can completely understand that people raise their eyebrow when a tv company which has no relation to video games whatsoever starts managing games. It feels like a middleman wanting to jump on the hype train to make money off products they didn't make.
Old 2012-10-24, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
freki
Private

Thanks for the write up, relicuk!
Old 2012-10-24, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shogun
Contributor
General

i could not attend soelive, but i met thge pro7 guys at gamescom germany, and they are really great!
they are as cool as the devs and it really shows that they also love the game and want it to be a success not only for the money, but also for the fun!

and the jerseys are extremely awesome! not only the design is very cool, but also the overall quality of the whole thing. this is high quality functional sportswear! not only cheap swag!
the american special edition shirts for instance look very cool as well, but the shirts themselfes are not that high quality. the fabric is a little thin so the shirts are almost lookthrough shirts. the jerseys are topnotch in quality. so pro7sat1 shows dedication right from the start!
and if you check the 1000 pages of shitstorm discussions about the first pro7sat1 faq, you will see, that they listen to the fans feedback and that they are doing their best to satisfy us!
compare the first faq to the newest info...
at first eu players were supposed to play only with a pro7 account and only on eu servers. and i am sure this was an important part of the deal between soe and pro7. now after all the feedback we gave, pro7 and soe made it possible to play on every server and even on soe or pro7 accounts! now that´s luxury fansupport!

so thanks to the pro7 guys for all the love you put up against all the hate and shit that came from the fans! great start! now if you manage to give good support to the players after launch, your reputation in the gaming sector will be consolidated for good!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-10-27, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Thanks for the kind words guys! Glad you are enjoying the jerseys, that was a pet project of mine - they were designed by a good friend of mine who excels at this stuff and they were printed in my home town.

It was awesome meeting with so many of you guys at SOE Live and I'm glad we hit it off. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys again at more such events in the future.

Shogun next time you have to join us for drinks for sure!
Old 2012-10-27, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Nice to hear, I hope some day there might be Station Cash type cards available somewhere in the Uk.

With the noteable exception of Blizzard, EU players have always been the black sheep of the family, the stray dog the gaming world throws scraps to in the past.

Hopefully this may be the start of a redress to times past.
Old 2012-10-28, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys! Glad you are enjoying the jerseys, that was a pet project of mine - they were designed by a good friend of mine who excels at this stuff and they were printed in my home town.

It was awesome meeting with so many of you guys at SOE Live and I'm glad we hit it off. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys again at more such events in the future.

yeah i will! but las vegas was a little too far for me!
looking forward to drink a met with you guys on the next opportunity!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-10-30, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post

BROLLY is the M F N Man what up PETE
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion