Let's talk about stats with Louey - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hasn't anyone heard of camo?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-19, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Let's talk about stats with Louey

Some of you may or may not know I'm a big stats nut when it comes to anything. I'm always checking out the PSU stats page, my own and other's players stat page. Seems I'm quite the minority when it comes to this and not allot of players really care about their stats in Planetside 2. I don't really think SOE cares too much about it either. They mated two versions of K/D(one w/ revives taking away a death and now it's without) like it was totally ok when it really destroys any accuracy it had in the first place(if any at all).

Also after much begging they revealed the Showdown results(beyond the top 3) from SOE Live and Luperza made a comment that she didn't understand why we wanted to know and why we would want to know how much we lost by. Sorry for calling you out here Luperza don't get me wrong your awesome but I'm even more flabbergasted that you don't understand why we wouldn't want to know. Thankfully they are allying with MLG who definitely has a mindset that leans more towards not only the competitive aspect but what people want to see from a tournament style setting. I'm hoping we get all kinds of individual and team stats from MLG competitions.

ANYWAYS I don't want to dabble on that. I might be a dreamer here but I'm going to list some ideas with stats that I'd like to see.

• Individual weapon rankings
Basically a leaderboard separated into individual weapons with Kills, Kills / Min, Accuracy, Fire Count, Head Shots, Hits Count & Score. So basically I would see who on my server or worldwide has the most kills with the NS-10 Burster or who is the most accurate with a certain sniper riffle or who is in the top 100 for headshots with the firework gun.

• Individual class rankings
Who is the best heavy in the game? Who is the engineer with the most vehicle kills? Who is the most accurate infiltrator on your server? Basically the same idea has above but class based.

• Vehicle stats
Where are our vehicle weapon stats???? It's been how long now? I guess there are some stats based on each vehicle so we could do something similar to the above ideas with vehicles.

• Other leaderboards
There are many other stats I'd like to see rankings of medal count being a big one. I would kind of like to see vehicles destroyed but turrets count towards those and a ton of people XP whored the crap out of turrets so it makes that statistic useless. I'd also like to see some existing sites(*cough* PSU) with sortable stats on their leaderboards.

One more thing I'd like to see is more statistics in Community clash. Look at any sports broadcast they are always throwing out statistics or popping them up on the screen. Could easily do this with Community clash and I think you could throw some interesting stuff out there. For example: Average BR of each team, killboard of current battle, some life time stats of players, outfit stats and hell pop up the life time stats of a person you are following with the cam. Could be sick! I'll personally volunteer to be your stats bitch if you want.

What do you guys think? What else would you guys like to see? Stat haters be nice and stat lovers please support what I'm saying.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com

Last edited by AuntLou; 2013-08-19 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2013-08-19, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Let's talk about stats with Louey

Originally Posted by AuntLou View Post
le snip
Items 1 and 3 are on the way. Item 2 is possible but not on my roadmap.
Old 2013-08-19, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I know it caters to the typical FPS crowd, but even as a leaderboard player for all of PS1, I oppose stats. Let players look them up personally, but publishing stats and leaderboards just promote play that is geared towards manipulating stats. The game would be better off with less stats visible.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-08-19, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

^
Unfortunately, Piggy oinks with supreme clarity on this one.
Old 2013-08-19, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The game would be better off with the most players getting what they want out of the game. Some take territory. Some occupy a worthless base, crack open a fifth of rye, and let the hordes come. Some like seeing their name at the top of a list - any list. As long as there's a viable and enjoyable game to play for all of those guys, who cares? Let whores whore. Let milsim outfits milsim. Lets the casuals . . . uh, caz?
Old 2013-08-19, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I know it caters to the typical FPS crowd, but even as a leaderboard player for all of PS1, I oppose stats. Let players look them up personally, but publishing stats and leaderboards just promote play that is geared towards manipulating stats. The game would be better off with less stats visible.
I think we have may attempted to hammer this out before.

Many have this opinion and that is ok. I just don't think it's a big of a problem as you do. Players are going to kill whore with our without stats. They are still going to spawn room camp and farm when they get the chance. Cause hell in allot of cases what the hell else you going to do? Stand on point? Boring!

I also think there are consequences for removing stats. Players will play more suicidal, almost like zombies. I'm not saying a ton of it but just as many players that are currently playing different due to stats being in the game.

I have allot of big time FPS playing friends not interested in PS2 because there is such a lack of results. Stats are results, we need more.

Old 2013-08-19, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Items 1 and 3 are on the way. Item 2 is possible but not on my roadmap.
ooooorly? via?

Old 2013-08-19, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I also think there are consequences for removing stats. Players will play more suicidal, almost like zombies. I'm not saying a ton of it but just as many players that are currently playing different due to stats being in the game.
The thing about that is, it fits the fluff of the lore. The soldiers of Auraxis actually have respawn technology, it's not just a game mechanic. So why wouldn't they all be brave, suicide tactic when need be. They will come right back!

Old 2013-08-19, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Presumably, because getting shot with a directed plasma weapon hurts like an everloving bitch. Or whatever Vanu weapons shoot. Fairy wishes.
Old 2013-08-19, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The thing about that is, it fits the fluff of the lore. The soldiers of Auraxis actually have respawn technology, it's not just a game mechanic. So why wouldn't they all be brave, suicide tactic when need be. They will come right back!
Well then I'd like to apologize for not suggesting a leaderboard for deaths. Bragging rights based on lore heh.

Old 2013-08-19, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Well then I'd like to apologize for not suggesting a leaderboard for deaths. Bragging rights based on lore heh.
A niche for everyone!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion