News: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 2 02/02/13 - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People like me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-02, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
VonLipwig
Private

Re: PlanetSide 2 Game Update 2 02/02/13

Anyone notice that if you put a reflex sight (1x, 2x or any other low-zoom sight/scope from what I could see) on the semi-auto low-optic sniper rifle, it now takes about 13 years to ADS and you get a silly overlay as if you're aiming down a high-zoom scope?

I sure hope that's a bug. I mean, I know the devs hate infiltrators, but just completely negating the advantage of the reflex sights seems a bit harsh regardless.
Old 2013-02-02, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
I equate patching PlanetSide 2 to polishing a turd. Sure, you can make it look nice and attractive but at the end of the day it will always be a turd.
I would rather have a polished turd over a shitty turd anyday. :P
Old 2013-02-02, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Bloodlet
Private

Originally Posted by moonshake View Post
I don't think I have had an unplanned server disconnect until tonight. It happened to me several times. Some of the bases are uncappable. Three or four stand by it and it doesn't do anything. Other times, other players, enemy and friendly, start blinking in and out. My FPS is still okay, but overall, they need one hell of a hot fix to fix this hot mess.
These are the kinds of problems I am currently having too.
Old 2013-02-02, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
ffffff
Private

Originally Posted by madskills View Post
is the new ESF sensitivity control like wierd? i mean i played alot as a scythe pilot, and with the new patch, no matter how i tweak the sensitivity value, the pitch up and down speed is waaay lower then pitch right and left, using only the mouse.
It's called rolling if you're moving your mouse left and right, pitch refers to moving along the pitch axis.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_principal_axes)

I'm just giving you a hard time though, you're right. What seems to be going on right now is that they somehow upped sensitivities near the top of the slider by 2, but left the same or in some strange way made worse the forced mouse acceleration and/or deadzones of aircraft. It might also be that they just linked the mouseacceleration value to sensitivity.

I haven't come up with a terribly good workaround yet. The old approach was already fairly bad, but right now it's atrocious - low sensitivities more than ever can't move at all during slow movements, and high sensitivities mean atrocious aiming (same as they always did).

Overall I'm really bummed about SoE's terrible approach to usability. The half-sensitivity while scoped is just icing on the cake. I've already posted the ADS-sensitivity thread problem twice (Reflex, IRNV and Ironsights don't use Scoped Sensitivity) and instead of getting fixed it gets forced on players on aircraft as well. Wonderful.
Old 2013-02-02, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Just a heads up, I dunno how those twitter links things work, but Higby announced that the Magrider changes to the strafing and physics on slopes were not intentional (LOL) and they're working on fixing the "bug"

So, yeah. Told ya so? It did indeed change with the patch, quite dramatically but either they're backpedaling or a magical bug somehow changed the strafing and physics of the Magrider.
Unless he tweeted directly at someone he only mentioned strafing that I saw.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-02, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
qwertyuiopqwert
Private

when i saw the update i was excited but then i saw how the fucking file was 4gb the game was already 5gb FUCK it took me a 3 days to download the game since my internet is shit and looking at the reviews the sounds shit house now they could at least optimize the game for the gt 610M since i was getting only 15 fps an now people are saying that there getting lower fps like fuck ill probably only get 5 fps like wtf they didnt need to update it it brillant how it was
Old 2013-02-03, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
Sarblade
Private

For guys whining about performance, what pc do you have??

Before the patch i had to play at LOW to get 20-35 fps. Now i can play HIGH with 30 fps. (It uses more my gpu than the cpu)

Originally Posted by qwertyuiopqwert View Post
when i saw the update i was excited but then i saw how the fucking file was 4gb the game was already 5gb FUCK it took me a 3 days to download the game since my internet is shit and looking at the reviews the sounds shit house now they could at least optimize the game for the gt 610M since i was getting only 15 fps an now people are saying that there getting lower fps like fuck ill probably only get 5 fps like wtf they didnt need to update it it brillant how it was
What the hell was this.

Last edited by Sarblade; 2013-02-03 at 12:51 AM.
Old 2013-02-03, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

Wish I could say this patch was an improvement, but I haven't really been able to do enough to tell yet.

The minimap stuff seems to be an upgrade, but having the colors on points suddenly reversed was incredibly confusing. I still can't really tell what's going on with the big map. Are red explosions TR or just enemy? Is blue friendly or just NC?

Other than that, between the lag spikes and the people appearing and disappearing from view seemingly at random it's been hard to play at all.
Old 2013-02-03, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
TeamTesla
Private

I cannot fire at all in any vehicle. It does the animation and sound of firing but no projectile.
Old 2013-02-03, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
petisec
Private

ME TOO...........
Old 2013-02-03, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Sarblade View Post
For guys whining about performance, what pc do you have??
You might want to consider reprashing that. The people with performance issues are not whining, they are complaining. It's also a known issue and SOE are going to try and fix it, if they haven't already.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-02-03, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
Mietz
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Unless he tweeted directly at someone he only mentioned strafing that I saw.
Old 2013-02-03, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
Rebellion
Private

Originally Posted by TeamTesla View Post
I cannot fire at all in any vehicle. It does the animation and sound of firing but no projectile.
Yea I think they might have been trying to fix the flak projectiles and somehow managed to fuck up every projectile...
Old 2013-02-03, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I think it might be a good idea to clear up any confusion that might have been caused by the fragmented replies about the Magrider's mobility post-patch.

-Firstly, SOE made a mistake with the patch notes and included the moblity changes thay they had promised would be held off for now.
The following line has been removed from the actual patch notes on the official forum. So don't worry about it.

"The hover length bonus (how high it floats above the ground) obtained from the rival and racer chassis has been removed. It still retains its hover power bonus (how springy the hover mechanic is, more power adds stability)."

-Secondly, this doesn't mean that they have not made changes. The following line was taken from the patch notes on the official forum. It represents the only thing that they have changed when it comes to the Magrider's mobility, not so much a nerf as a fix.

"Made adjustments to the Magrider so that combining strafe and forward velocity no longer provides an advantage to hill climbing"

-Thirdly, SOE overdid it by mistake. Players have complained about the Magrider being very slow when strafing. This is a bug, confirmed by Higby in the previously mentioned twitter messages. This will be fixed.

-To recap: The only intentional change that has been made to the Magrider is the removal of the ability to increase its climbing speed by going forward while also strafing. Any other change to its mobility was unintentional and will be fixed.

Hopefully this will clear things up for anyone who's scratching their head.
If anyone has any further information to add I will be happy to integrate it into the post.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-02-03 at 07:54 AM.
Old 2013-02-03, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
MoridinSix
Private

i Really like the squad numbers next to my mates' names. if nothing else lol
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion