News: Cert/Weapon Cost Changes Incoming - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Find the error in this sentence.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-15, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Cert/Weapon Cost Changes Incoming

Hey all -

Based on a lot of feedback on the current weapon cert prices being too high from a time investment point of view, we're going to be making some adjustments to both cert gain rate and cert costs for weapon unlocks. This will affect both vehicle and infantry weapons.

Some notes:
1 - Our goal here is to reduce the overall time investment for weapons by about 30% on the top end weapon unlocks.
2 - StationCash prices are remaining exactly where they are.

We're doing two things to accomplish this change.

First, we'll be changing the XP:Cert ratio back to 250:1. So you'll be earning cert points twice as fast as the current build.

Second, we'll be adjusting many of the cert prices to compensate for this increase, most certs for things like class abilities,attachments, etc. will be doubling to maintain the same overall time investment as current, but weapon certs will be increasing by a smaller amount or in some cases staying the same, effectively reducing the total time investment for unlocking items. The new weapon cert costs will be:

SC Cost | Old Cert Cost | New Cert Cost | Overall time investment delta
----250 --|--------- 50-------- |--------- 100--- ---- |--------- 0%
----500 --|--------- 250------ | --------- 250------- | ---------50%
----700 --|--------- 375------ | --------- 500------- | ---------33%
----700 --|--------- 550------ | --------- 750------- | ---------32%
----700 --|--------- 725------ | -------- 1000-- --- | ---------31%

At launch all weapons will fall into one of those 5 price categories. As you can see, these prices combined with doubling the cert gain rate effectively cuts the total time investment for the top end weapons down by 30+% for all players.

As always, thanks for your continued feedback about the game. And remember, that doesn't end when the beta does, we want to keep hearing from you throughout the life of the game.
Interesting.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-15, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SixShooter
Captain

Re: Cert/Weapon Cost Changes Incoming

And everyone says they dont listen.

Old 2012-11-15, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Everyone didn't know what they were thinking. This helps though.

Last edited by Crator; 2012-11-16 at 09:28 AM.
Old 2012-11-15, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

so the old cert way was 50 certs for a weapon attachment and you gained certs at 1 for every 500xp a pop. Now you need 100 certs for that same attachment at 250xp per cert... idk if its my math skills but isnt that the same?

Last edited by bigcracker; 2012-11-15 at 10:04 PM.
Old 2012-11-15, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
so the old cert way was 50 certs for a weapon attachment and you gained certs at 1 for every 500xp a pop. Now you need 100 certs for that same attachment at 250xp per cert... idk if its my math skills but isnt that the same?
No, thats just for the weapons.
Old 2012-11-15, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tenhi
Corporal

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
So the old cert way was 50 certs for a weapon attachment and you gained certs at 1 for every 500xp a pop. Now you need 100 certs for that same attachment at 250xp per cert... idk if its my math skills but isnt that the same?
Yep its the same for attachments. Thats also stated in the post...

most certs for things like class abilities,attachments, etc. will be doubling to maintain the same overall time investment as current
The only thing that changed are the weapons. While I'm not a fan of the "lets make the numbers large!" thing I like the overall adjustment. I would have prefered it if they just changed the XP/Cert-Ratio to something like 333/1 instead of going for 250/1 and changing the Cert Prices... but thats probably just me.
Old 2012-11-15, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SixShooter
Captain

Attachment costs are the same which is fine since everyone was really only bitching about the weapon costs anyway. Funny to see the official forums and people already bitching that it will be too fast now. SC costs stay the same which is fine with me.

Old 2012-11-16, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
Attachment costs are the same which is fine since everyone was really only bitching about the weapon costs anyway. Funny to see the official forums and people already bitching that it will be too fast now. SC costs stay the same which is fine with me.
Well anyone that have red official game forums for a while knows people only post when they have something to complain about and never when they like something. So it's not so odd to see when the devs change something that have been complained about on the forum that other players that liked to old ways start to complain after the changes.

That is way it's never a good idea for developers to just listen to the players by reading forums. As they will only listen to those that does not like the game and never on those that do like it.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Im way more concerned about attachment and ability costs.
Ill probably buy a couple of favorite weapons early with station cash so I can play with them right off.
Old 2012-11-16, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Well anyone that have red official game forums for a while knows people only post when they have something to complain about and never when they like something. So it's not so odd to see when the devs change something that have been complained about on the forum that other players that liked to old ways start to complain after the changes.

That is way it's never a good idea for developers to just listen to the players by reading forums. As they will only listen to those that does not like the game and never on those that do like it.
I disagree. How would they ever know what the majority thinks about it then? Unless they did polls from the launchpad. But the way they are currently doing it is valid imo.
Old 2012-11-16, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Hm... Does not affect me. I planned on buying all the weapons I need with sc anyway...
Old 2012-11-16, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Storn
Sergeant

The time it takes to get these weapons isn’t a concern for me; however, if you’re trying to sell something you put the price at $99 (gives the illusion of being cheaper) not $100 because large numbers scares people. From a business model point of view going with large cert numbers is a bad thing. Ultimately and in my opinion this will turn people off if not scare them away all together.

Recommendation: Adjust the numbers down and modify the xp and cert gain again.

Last edited by Storn; 2012-11-16 at 09:00 AM.
Old 2012-11-16, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Storn View Post
The time it takes to get these weapons isn’t a concern for me; however, if you’re trying to sell something you put the price at $99 (gives the illusion of being cheaper) not $100 because large numbers scares people. From a business model point of view going with large cert numbers is a bad thing. Ultimately and in my opinion this will turn people off if not scare them away all together.

Recommendation: Adjust the numbers down and modify the xp and cert gain again.
On the other hand: if you earn 100 xp in 1 day you feel more rewarded as if you would get only 10...even if you get the same stuff for them
Old 2012-11-16, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bags
Lieutenant General

Still a ridiculous amount of time to get 750 items.

Well, I see why air is OP... all of its counters are 750. Well played SOE.
Old 2012-11-16, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Link?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion