Enforcer C85 Modified - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Even NC call 911
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-05, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AThreatToYou
Major

Enforcer C85 Modified

THESIS:
"The C85-H has been modified to fire canister shells that are deadly against infantry. NC use only."

PROBLEM:
The C85 is outclassed by the M12 Kobalt, M40 Fury & Marauder-H when it comes to damaging infantry.

While capable of damaging vehicles, it is outclassed by the Halberd, ML85-H, Saron, M40 Fury and Vulcan.

In short, it's worthless. It's in the same sort of boat as the PPA for worthlessness, except the C85 is sinking. I'm also going to throw in a cross-faction complaint and say that while the TR have two useful ES vehicle secondaries, the Vulcan and Marauder, the NC/VS are stuck with just one, that one being anti-vehicle.

For those that don't know, the C85 is a shotgun. It's concept is along the same lines as the Airhammer, which is neat in theory.

My suggestion to fix the C85 is turn it into a cluster bomb launcher [maybe reduce number of pellets, but make pellets explode].
Old 2013-07-05, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Enforcer C85 Modified

I agree that its lame and crappy.
Old 2013-07-05, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dragonskin
Major

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/harasser/

Dead last on the Harraser kill list... well outside of AA guns that is. I agree that it's horrible. The problem is that the NS weapons are way better than the faction specific ones.. outside the marauder.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hobnail
Private

The enforcer modified has been the 'completely pants' king of weaponry since PS2 went live. Just so the other factions can understand; I would get a renegade on my Flash before I get a C85.

They need to stop making it like a smaller Air Hammer and instead make it like a bigger Jackhammer with tight CoF, optional 3 round burst and a larger ammo pool.

Last edited by Hobnail; 2013-07-05 at 09:32 PM.
Old 2013-07-06, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hobnail View Post
They need to stop making it like a smaller Air Hammer and instead make it like a bigger Jackhammer with tight CoF, optional 3 round burst and a larger ammo pool.
Why not make it a bigger Airhammer? I love my airhammer and can't wait till Auraxium the Vortek so I can go back to it, if it were a bit stronger with a little bit better range I think it would be a damn fine secondary - kinda like the vulcan but different.
Old 2013-07-06, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
AThreatToYou
Major

On that note, the S12 is also a horribly useless weapon. I think that it should be turned into a solid slug launcher instead of a shotgun... and it should be silenced.

Seriously, why did SOE think a shotgun for the Flash would be useful... especially over the Fury? Anyway, I think we have established that something needs to be done about the C85.
Old 2013-07-06, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Id settle for just making the peelets frag rounds realy.

Also i dont agree with the PPA being useless. It has splash and a sufucient ammount of firepower and a benefit in the form of accuracy and range (projectiles have no drop compared to the very steep drop of the Fury and Marauder)

The Enforcer C85 Modified on the other had has 0 adavantages. If we want it to keep its nieche it should absolutely destroy everything at close range. Or like someone said before, go away with the giant ass shotgun and amke it fire clusterbombs.

Heck separate the Harasser and Vanguard variants into entirelly different weapons. Have the vanguard fire culster bombs or small HE shells whiel the Harasser fires frag pellets.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-07-06 at 04:55 AM.
Old 2013-07-06, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
moosepoop
Captain

just make it do more dmg to infantry and vehicles
Old 2013-07-07, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
just make it do more dmg to infantry and vehicles
Problem is half the timeyou can't even hit 'em with the thing hah.
Old 2013-07-08, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Klypto
Private

C85 is a joke. If your vehicle has it on it, it's also a joke too.

I wouldn't even know where to begin suggesting changes for that thing, but it would be nice if it actually was something worth considering. It's not even a situational item.

The cluster bomb idea sounds interesting though.

Last edited by Klypto; 2013-07-08 at 12:57 AM.
Old 2013-07-08, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
moosepoop
Captain

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Problem is half the timeyou can't even hit 'em with the thing hah.
make it so it takes only 1 or 2 of the pellets to kill infantry
Old 2013-07-08, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ogre
Private

I have a very perfect solution for both the C85 Mod and Air Hammer. Let us put slugs in them. I am dead serious, if they are going to be giant shotguns, let me load giant slugs. As for the conventional fire mode, let us have a dial a choke (spread), like on any multi mode infantry gun, we would swap the choke between tight, medium, or wide. Wide choke would be as it is now, with the other two getting progressively more clustered instead of spreading. Slugs would be a cert just like for the NC MAX armor shotguns. The alternative would be "bird shot" or anti infantry rounds that would shoot out a storm of small pellets that might not even damage maxes, but turn infantry into confetti, and "buck shot" where you would only have 4 or so large pellets that would hurt armor at close range.

tl/dr:
add slug, and new shot variety for the weapon to shoot, just like an infantry shotgun.
add selectable spread/ choke. possibly with a cool down between setting swaps.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion