Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Kittens vs. Spoons battle for supremecy rages on...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-05-22, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide

Basti - you are taking things out of context.

PlanetSide Day happened right before a huge wave of beta invites (which were sent to PS1 players first) were sent out. Obviously everyone went to beta test PlanetSide 2, I was one of them. Everyone let their sub drop because they were beta testing and wanted PS2 to be a good game.

And PlanetSide has had free time for like two days now, and you are claiming no one is playing it. Wait till weekend prime time before you make those claims. I myself have barely had time to play since it went free, I'm waiting till the weekend before I put in major time, probably like a lot of others.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Ghodere
Corporal

Unfortunately, I feel Basti is probably right regarding the ultimate fate of PlanetSide. Which is not to say that we shouldn't do everything we can- I'll be here until it truly dies, I think- but while something like Quake Live is alive and kicking as long as you can get a room of 8 people together, PlanetSide bleeds players either not at all or exponentially.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
GTGD
First Sergeant

100 players online at 1am EST on a weeknight? Not bad for a "dead" game. Once word gets around and the weekend arrives there will be more, especially during primetime.

I'd still take 6 months of half-assed PS1 over any amount of PS2.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Furber
First Sergeant

The game is going to die off quickly if they don't fix this Wasp shit. Disable the damn Wasp, and then 'try' to fix the bug. Shameless exploiters are massacring any hope we have for this game to retain a decent population. How ironic that they are ruining the game for themselves as much they are for everyone else, what fools.
Old 2013-05-23, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ghodere View Post
Unfortunately, I feel Basti is probably right regarding the ultimate fate of PlanetSide. Which is not to say that we shouldn't do everything we can- I'll be here until it truly dies, I think- but while something like Quake Live is alive and kicking as long as you can get a room of 8 people together, PlanetSide bleeds players either not at all or exponentially.
I agree.

But, I am easily finding good fights and I am having more fun in ps1 than I've had in 9 months of ps2, what's more those people from my outfit who are playing it have said the same.

Now I'll admit there were twice as many people playing ps2 than ps1, but the point is that I am really enjoying the fights and if by the grace of God it stays anywhere near what it is at present I would resub in a heartbeat.
Old 2013-05-23, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
The game is going to die off quickly if they don't fix this Wasp shit. Disable the damn Wasp, and then 'try' to fix the bug. Shameless exploiters are massacring any hope we have for this game to retain a decent population. How ironic that they are ruining the game for themselves as much they are for everyone else, what fools.
This.
Old 2013-05-23, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
Just get everyone to uncert it. Post it up on the offical forums, get all 3 empires to use /comall to inform everyone now and then, and just hope that everyone is intelligent enough to understand that abusing the wasp could harm the games future greatly.
Old 2013-05-23, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Just get everyone to uncert it. Post it up on the offical forums, get all 3 empires to use /comall to inform everyone now and then, and just hope that everyone is intelligent enough to understand that abusing the wasp could harm the games future greatly.
Yea, they don't care. There are certain people who are just want to shit on everyone else's time.
Old 2013-05-24, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Shogun
Contributor
General

so is there anyone working on the new bugs?

still can´t understand how so many new bugs could sneak into a game that hasn´t been changed for years.

played for 3 hours last night and had fun! but the battles weren´t very big this time. hope the double xp ps2 weekend isn´t another try to undermine the ps1 pop at our first free weekend. i would really like to see some giant battle where i actually have people to support. last night dedicated support was not an option and i have no weaponcerts, so i guarded the skys and hacked out amss.
i still need to get to br40 ;-) i haven´t played much since the cap was increased and am still 32.
does br40 really give every cert?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-24, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

still can´t understand how so many new bugs could sneak into a game that hasn´t been changed for years.

played for 3 hours last night and had fun! but the battles weren´t very big this time. hope the double xp ps2 weekend isn´t another try to undermine the ps1 pop at our first free weekend. i would really like to see some giant battle where i actually have people to support. last night dedicated support was not an option and i have no weaponcerts, so i guarded the skys and hacked out amss.
i still need to get to br40 ;-) i haven´t played much since the cap was increased and am still 32.
Yes it does, you get everything.
Old 2013-05-24, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Well something changed, because the backpack things haven't always been that way. It doesn't take much to create a bug in the code, and I can't imagine PS is flawless code to begin with. And I can't imagine anyone is running a fine tooth comb over changes so..
Old 2013-05-24, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Crator
Major General

They made the cosmetic changes to the dropped back pack many of times in the past. It's something that was built into the game and a simple parameter (think flip of a switch) to make that happen. It certainly doesn't require a dev to do that, just a moderator.

What looks to have happened is they deliberately went inside the game code to attempt to disable core combat features (BFRs for instance) and the wasp bug was introduced along side it. Bugs don't just randomly happen for no reason. The game was the exact same for many years without any new bugs. I know the devs have always said that PS1 game code was a maze that isn't easily changed cause it just wasn't built that way. Most likely one of the main reason they decided to create a whole new game, PS2, instead of redo PS1 in the first place.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-05-24 at 12:43 PM.
Old 2013-05-24, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Shogun
Contributor
General

but why did they try to disable corecombat in the first place?
why not just give free time and let everything stay as it was? at least it was working, and the bugs around were at least known.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-24, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Crator
Major General

^ That I don't know, and it's pure speculation. But something was done to the code to make it not work...
Old 2013-05-25, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Furber
First Sergeant

I've noticed the Wasp bug is no longer occurring on Ishundar or Hossin. The only other cont we've known it to be broken on is Cyssor.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion