AGN Community Night - March 10th Topics? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accept me Hamma accept me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-08, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marsman
Major

AGN Community Night - March 10th Topics?

AGN's Community Night March 10 is going to be a jam packed show with all the new info over the last month. Obviously we know what the main topics of conversation will be with the recent GDC game footage, but we wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has any suggestions on specific topics for the show. Anything you think we ought to cover, talk about, bring up, discuss, etc..

Post your suggestions here and we'll look forward our AGN Community Night - GDC Coverage show this Saturday. Hope you all tune in for what is sure to be a rousing show! See ya all then!
Old 2012-03-08, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: AGN Community Night - March 10th Topics?

Speed of combat (TTK, Squads involvement, healing/reviving(was anyone healed in the videos before dying?)), aircraft/tanks, killcam, membership feature speculation (item shop talk? We have screenshots of their hypothetical layout with cosmetics and buying unlocks), quick knife (since we saw it in one of the videos briefly), quick grenades. That would probably fill up a lot of time assuming each side of the argument is well balanced.

You could even go into speculation about the 4 types of resources it looks like. Higby seems to be quiet about that.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-03-08 at 10:27 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-08, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Cosmical's comics.
Old 2012-03-08, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Topic: How do you feel about the direction PS2 is going ie. more like bf and cod type games and less like PS1.
Old 2012-03-08, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Morto's PlanetsideTV channel. Also, Morto's mad skills in general.

Also, PSU's downtime. <theoryside>There've been more than plenty screenies now to get some pretty graphics up for this site...</theoryside>

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-03-08, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Kill Death Ratios and whether or not they should be a statistic in the game

Look and feel of the game

Things from the GDC presenation, such as TTKs, class abilities such as Light Assaults Jump pack and the ability to drop ammo (I know Higby said that they were almost definitely going to change that so that light assault couldn't drop ammo but discuss ammo drops anyways in general), look of the bases etc.

New "Twitter" approach for commanders

Possible "grief enabled" and "grief disabled" servers.

Cert trees

All I can really think of right now, but I'd like for you guys to discuss those topics, especially the KDR one. Interested to see the communities response to that one as it's mostly just a handful of people debating about it.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-09, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Wakken
Sergeant

as DeeTwoEh said above, which kind of stats should actually be shown and which should not. Like K/D ratio and stuff like that. K/D could very easily destroy most players teamwork as they just want to get as high K/D as possible

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-03-09, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
AncientVanu
Sergeant

One thing I'm really curious to hear about is air combat.
Everything from the difference between the aircraft in speed, maneuverability, shields, hit points to air-to-air weapons and countermeasures (CM). Are there empire specific AA weapons, how are they working (lock on mechanics), how are countermeasures working, how do you replenish weapons and countermeasures, are there different types of CM?
Does different payload (air-to-ground/air-to-air) affect the aircraft's flight performance? Is mixed AG/AA payload a viable option?

Last edited by AncientVanu; 2012-03-09 at 08:18 AM.
Old 2012-03-09, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SaberMonk
Private

I'd like to hear more about the Infiltrator class.
Does the suit provide armor or is it 'naked' like in PS1?
We've seen some screenshots of cloakers carrying non-pistol weapons. Is it going to stay this way? What are the limitations on that?
Does carrying a rifle instead of a pistol make you more visible somehow? Is there a benefit to using just a pistol?
Will a hacking tool be required, like the REK from PS1, or will having the appropriate certification allow you to hack without special tools?
Old 2012-03-09, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DaSwede
Contributor
Corporal

I like the TV concept. Would be awesome if it used the YouTube broadcasting channel concept
PSU on G+ can have a constant streaming hangout which you can join in when you want to watch and chat with people but not online.

It would be awesome for viral marketing as well as you can just point people to the channel for live action as it's unfolding.

Also I need someone to pelt Higby with Olives for not including the old AMS with cloaking
Old 2012-03-09, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

Cosmical's Comics: When do we get the triple shotgun?

Entering exiting vehicles: In the demo we saw you could basically walk up to any part and get in, then in the later interview it was clarified that to enter the cockpit of an aircraft you couldn't be by the tail. What I want to know is how are passengers who are looking to man specific positions going to do so?

TLDR: Explain more in detail entering/exiting vehicles

Approximately how many "parts" of a facility can and will be capturable?

How many kinds of capturable facilities have you guys made/played with/discarded?

Looks like the flying camera is back, how is it different from Planetside if it looks exactly the same? Or are you having a laugh and a really good pilot?!
Old 2012-03-09, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

What I really want to know is what the cert trees and leveling will be like. What happens when you get to "max level"? Does progression stop? Or do we keep training up the trees with this train-over-time type system? With enough time and effort, can we level every possible tree(if so, please let it be a really long time)? or do we recert when we want to change our skill trees?
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-03-09, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Higby, in the short time since the GDC whirlwind, what do you feel you and the team have learned about what you presented?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-09, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
UnknownDT
Sergeant

In terms of progress for the game's completion how is it moving to what you expect. Are you behind, ahead, or on track.

Will you be implementing an E-Sports type of function in PS2 down the line or in release? (Similar to Outfit Wars was and operating like Guild Wars GvG system does) -- This wouldn't be everyday.... it'd be a once a month or couple months. I made a large post describing how it would operate etc, but first I'd like to know if you plan on implementing anything like it first of all.
Old 2012-03-09, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
GoldDragon
Corporal

I'd actually like to know a little more about the ground vehicle mechanics. An outfit mate of mine and I recently had a discussion about this. We feel that the infantry and air combat mechanics are receiving a lot of attention to make them very unique and suited to PlanetSide combat; however it seems ground vehicle combat is a lot more like Battlefield than anything else in the game.

Points of Interest:
Hot-swapping Seats - So a tanker can use his main gun, switch to the gunnery seat to shoot down that mossy and then switch back to kill the lightning and THEN roll over the infantry?

Ammunition Load - Tanks are powerful, but they don't carry a lot of ammo. Wouldn't they be more likely to fill the roll they are intended for better if they had to be selective about what they blow the hell out of?

Armor/Durability - With the other two things in mind, Tanks are pretty hefty. They should take a little coordination to bring down. One well specced infantry should still have a hell of a time bringing down a tank, but a team of AV shouldn't have nearly as much trouble. Tanks still need a fighting chance (not saying they don't as I haven't played the game yet)

Just things to consider.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]