The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Thread - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Computer Required.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-16, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
BigEvil
Private

Re: The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Threa

Ok it would make sense to have Delrith in the NC team since he is the top ranked NC with over 50k kills im a officer in DVS was just behind him the whole way but stoped playing a month ago because of holidays i have 15k kills and a k/d of 5.0 with only 8 days played time but i cant becaue i dont think anyone would pay for me to get there but im putting delriths name forward
Old 2013-01-16, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
TestyVenom
Private

Re: The Official NC is going to crush TR and VS in the Ultimate Empire Showdown Threa

I do not live anywhere on the West coast.... I'll fill a spot on the team if you don't have a full squad by the time the match rolls around, though! There are better players than I, so I'll give them time to step up to fill the spots. DVS Delrith needs to be on the team, though.
Old 2013-01-16, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
viewtfuljoe
Private

1. You are a loyal NC - Yes sir, you have rolled with me once before on Connery
2. You are part of an organized outfit (big or small) - Leader of CCG (hooah)
3. You bring the pain. - Heavy Assault for life
4. You live in or around the Los Angeles Area (Note if you do not but still want to participate let me know and we'll see if we can work something out) - Live in Vancouver, BC
5. You hate Magriders - Magriders OP

For those that are prowling my Stats and see I have a negative KD (not that it matters) I am commanding multiple squads while fighting and cannot focus on combat and commanding at the same time

appreciate any thought you give me arclegger, PM me for any info you need

Last edited by viewtfuljoe; 2013-01-16 at 02:31 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I need to get a drooling throng of mouth breathers and window lickers stalking me on youtube too, so people actually give a damn what I think.

Anyway, good luck Clegg, I'd go, but I'm 1200 miles away from LA. I'm sure there are some good people on US West NC though, and you have plenty of room to get some of them on your list.

Old 2013-01-16, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

All the best NC players live on the other side of Atlantic, so

On a serious note though - I seem to idd, only recognize TR and VS players from the States, since there's not really many USNC here (actively participating in discussions that is)...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-16, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
TheRageTrain
Private

Good luck with the NC squad. Still have no clue what\s this showdown is.. and do you people actually expect community to do anything in it.. because it\s like we have no heads up whatkind it is or anything.. really poor organisation going on with it.
Old 2013-01-16, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
SeraphC
Sergeant

I don't see why you guys are so set on artificially creating icons for the community. Let them emerge by themselves.
I'm interested in two types of players:
1) Good, leading players on my server. Something like server board on the forum would help way more to bring these forward than all the marketing bullshit you're pulling now.
2) Awesome players that bring the game to a new level from any server. Making video's does not automatically qualify someone for this category!

I understand you using these youtube types for external marketing, but don't bother me with it. Why should I care about people who aren't necessarily good at the game? Your marketing department needs to get a clue and stop trying to force things.

What's the deal with this Seananners anyway? At least the other 2 guys bothered to dress up and take a nice pose. He's like: "They told me to wear something blue, I'll wear this here shirt, that's blue." He looks depressing at best. And now I have to look at his face and feel sorry for choosing NC every time I start up the game.
Old 2013-01-16, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
MuNrOe
Private

Hey Clegg

I will step up to represent PG MuNrOe

1. You are a loyal NC - Since planetside 1 beta
2. You are part of an organized outfit (big or small) - Co-Leader Praetorian Guard
3. You bring the pain. - Heavy Assault Jackhammer 5500 kills with it.
4. You live in or around the Los Angeles Area (Note if you do not but still want to participate let me know and we'll see if we can work something out) - Live in Australia (This may be a problem did not realize it was being held in a controlled place.)
5. You hate Magriders - Magriders love my c4 just ask them

Would be an honor to work with you guys. Will be a change from giving orders to following them.

Im sure that being on our server with 666 PG X and CCG working together we can swing the favor.

If you need another gun player look up moomasher another PG member.

Last edited by MuNrOe; 2013-01-16 at 09:14 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by TheRageTrain View Post
Good luck with the NC squad. Still have no clue what\s this showdown is.. and do you people actually expect community to do anything in it.. because it\s like we have no heads up whatkind it is or anything.. really poor organisation going on with it.
How is their fault that you live under a rock?!?
Let me ask you who are the three peoples faces you see on the news section of the PS2 that's been there for over a month on the downloader/launcher and just what is the article it's linked to about?

I think you can get yourself up to speed now.

Good luck to Arclegger & the NC team..... your going to need it against the gladiators that are the TR troopers

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-01-16, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by TheRageTrain View Post
This. Nobody official ever told us what it is actually going to be, so why should I care?

@canaris: enlighten us, what exactly is going to happen? Where? What is there to win? What are the conditions? We don't know shit.

.sent via phone.

Last edited by Sturmhardt; 2013-01-16 at 07:57 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

I'd go, but I'm in Brazil, so xD
Old 2013-01-16, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
This. Nobody official ever told us what it is actually going to be, so why should I care?

@canaris: enlighten us, what exactly is going to happen? Where? What is there to win? What are the conditions? We don't know shit.

.sent via phone.
While we might not YET have the particulars we can gleam some useful knowledge from everything they've said so far.

12 - people so we can reason that it should be some games of Planetside 2 consisting of ... 12 aside.

You live in the Los Angeles area - They are going to be invited to SOE or another venue in order to play these matches under watched and streamed conditions

What is their to win:
Besides some very nice booty/loot for attending I think the major overall prize will be the faction bragging rights that your team has crushed the opposition.... kinda like a SPORTS event.

TR better win, my ego wouldn't take it if they lost.

What are the conditions?
I don't live in America let alone Los Angeles so I can't tell you, all I know is it's freezing here in Ireland
Seriously though it will obviously be several game types that they will have to compete in.

Will it be all 3 factions fighting at the same time, I'm not sure but if it were me I do a king of the hill style game.

3 AMS's or Spawn rooms around a central point - Hold the objective for the longest time and you get a win. That's just one of many you can do.
I'm sure there will be a series of different events from infantry to vehicle & air, since this is a combined arms game.

Since they're still in the planning, in the recruitment phase and that the event might still a bit away maybe marketing haven't released the particulars yet.

and I got all this just from his post, hope my rented brain helps you.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-01-16, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
SeraphC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
How is their fault that you live under a rock?!?
Let me ask you who are the three peoples faces you see on the news section of the PS2 that's been there for over a month on the downloader/launcher and just what is the article it's linked to about?
It is their fault because it's their job to get him from under that rock. They actually get paid to do exactly that. Let me tell you something: yes, those three guys have been - much to my annoyance - on the launcher for a month and I still don't have a clue as to what the event is about, other then a scheme to recruit new players.
I've clicked the link, watched the silly little video and it says nothing. Is it a tournament? Is it something along the lines of Fridaynight Ops where each will get some streaming time? I don't know.
I've never had this problem before with any game that I didn't consider to be a joke.

Same thing with the Fridaynight Ops really. No clue what it was until I actually took the time to watch it. Turns out it's just a stream where the devs highlight a specific outfit. Both sides were under prepared and under qualified to be entertaining. The first half hour consisted of the outfit giggling about the fact that a dev was in their teamspeak and a forced introduction. The rest was basically the outfit being slightly annoyed that they had to take said dev with them and provide content for the viewers, they were clearly outside of their comfort zone.
The only thing interesting was info about the development process, but I really don't want to have to watch a stream to find out about that. POST IT ON THE WEBSITE.

In my opinion they are missing a large segment of the population with the way they communicate. And I'm not just talking about this, it's everything down to the twitter messages.

Last edited by SeraphC; 2013-01-16 at 08:34 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
TheWrongCat
Private

Is there any way of bringing your character across from another server for this event? If so, I'd be very interested to join you chaps.

Currently leading an outfit on Ceres, and would be delighted to help if I can. But I won't be making a new character just for this event, I'm afraid! Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Old 2013-01-16, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Assist
Contributor
Major

LA, so I'll need 1 plane ticket from Philly to LA please. And a room, transportation, and preferably meals as well. I'll be a gentlemen and pay for my drinks.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion