PlanetSide 2 Empire-Specific Weapon Equivalents Spreadsheet - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: :USP
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-25, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
PlanetSide 2 Empire-Specific Weapon Equivalents Spreadsheet

With the upcoming extension to account level unlocks that will include cross-empire equivalents, I've taken the time to put together an easy-to-view spreadsheet that lists all of the infantry and vehicle weapons and their equivalents on all empires. I did not include common pool weapons, nor any "gear" (cosmetic stuff), as it is either self-explanatory or completely open to interpretation.

Please let me know if you find any inaccuracies, and I hope this helps at least one person out there who might be curious, or heck, with any luck it might even help anyone at SOE in drawing weapon comparisons when implementing this new feature.

I included cert/station cash costs of each because I haven't been able to find that information all in one place before, so even if you could care less about the equivalent weapons on opposing factions, maybe you'll find that helpful!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UVhcjZGM1M5M0E

Thanks!

Old 2013-03-25, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dragonskin
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Empire-Specific Weapon Equivalents Spreadsheet

It would be interesting if they actually did this. I know they said they were talking about it.. but if it turns out true then I would have 2 unlocks that i bought for 2 characters, but the almost all of the rest of the weapons would be unlocked haha. Not too bad having just having 2 overlaps.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Higby did in fact confirm they were working on it on Reddit a few days back, which has got me pretty excited. He said it would have pushed the original release back 2-3 weeks, so they gave us common pool unlocks for now. Hopefully we see it soon though.

Old 2013-03-25, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Goodbye what little pop VS have!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-03-25, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Goodbye what little pop VS have!
I don't know. I think if my pump action shotgun and ESAV were unlocked on my VS I could probably play it more. Now that I spent money on those for my TR I don't really want to waste the money. Then again... if all the changes do come true then I would have fully kitted out Mossie and Prowler to play with instead of stock weapons... hmmm.
Old 2013-03-26, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Well anyway, a few hundred views since last night tells me that it probably helped at least one person, so that makes me happy.

Thanks for the support and if you liked it, share it!

Old 2013-03-26, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dragonskin
Major

I like the spread sheet. It's things you can figure out on your own, but having it all layed out in a simple format makes it easier.
Old 2013-03-26, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I like the spread sheet. It's things you can figure out on your own, but having it all layed out in a simple format makes it easier.
For sure, it's not rocket science or high tech spreadsheet stuff, but I did a bit of research before beginning to create it and never could I find all of this info in one place, heck I couldn't even find a clean listing of the cert/station cash costs for all weapons. I'd either have to use the ingame depot, or check individual pages for weapons on the Wiki or similar places.

Glad you like it, thanks for the support!

Old 2013-03-26, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SgtMAD
Captain

Holy Crap, a thread created by someone that actually knows what he is talking about.
Old 2013-03-26, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
Holy Crap, a thread created by someone that actually knows what he is talking about.
its u.

<3

Old 2013-03-26, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
fierce deity
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
Higby did in fact confirm they were working on it on Reddit a few days back, which has got me pretty excited. He said it would have pushed the original release back 2-3 weeks, so they gave us common pool unlocks for now. Hopefully we see it soon though.
Can you post a link to this?

Old 2013-03-26, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ng4k?context=1

A google search led me to this.

A google search then leads me to the notion that las0m is a username of Higby's.

So looks like Higby actually said it?
Old 2013-03-27, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

What Neutral posted is correct, Las0m is Higby's Reddit name. Additionally, Erik put together a thread on the official forums that outlines how the Reddit convo went down that can be seen with quotes here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...cation.107331/

But the original Reddit post is the one that was linked above.

Old 2013-03-27, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Good work.

I was a bit confused about the reference to Alpha squad sniper (LA80 for NC). This is availabel to non alpha members (I bought it with SC), and it would probably be better described as a high velocity bolt action.

Also, are you going to add the AV MAX weapons?
Old 2013-03-27, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Good work.

I was a bit confused about the reference to Alpha squad sniper (LA80 for NC). This is availabel to non alpha members (I bought it with SC), and it would probably be better described as a high velocity bolt action.

Also, are you going to add the AV MAX weapons?
Thanks for the props.

I listed all weapons that came with Alpha Squad as "Alpha Squad ____" as a means of categorizing them and their equivalents. All of them are in fact available to non-alpha squad members, but they were awarded with the package to those who bought it so it was an easy way to draw comparisons.

I started describing most items as "high ROF" or "high mag" or "quick reload" or something like that but I began to realize that between the three empires the guns that are in fact equivalent in cost and similar in scope are not always going to have a high stat of the same amount. Some of the equivalents are even "untraditional" stats for the given empire, if you will, where as for NC the gun might be high ROF, for VS the gun might be high damage, and for TR the gun might have a small magazine but benefit elsewhere. That said, I stuck mostly to easy categories like Default/Alpha Squad/New items that were released together and most of the rest fell into cost categories.

As for the AV MAX weapons, there is only one (other than the Burster which is common pool) for each empire and you get one arm as Default, so that's an easy one, but you are right -- I should have thrown that line in there. Will add it now, thanks.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion