The Impending Magrider Nerf. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Taking Cyssor, One fish at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-25, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Aveox
Private

Re: The Impending Magrider Nerf.

I think that even if they nerf the Magrider it won't change much. As a regular Mag driver I can only describe the Vanguard and Prowler's problems as "1/2". Most Vanguards and Prowlers I meet don't have a second gunner. And if they do then 9 times out of 10 it's with a stock machine gun, or no shield, no armor etc.

Now, if I would be 1/2 in my Mag I would be very careful when engaging a 1/2 Vanguard or Prowler. Knowing my tank, I know that shot for shot it's weaker in a 1 vs 1 then any of the other two. So I'm ALWAYS 2/2, with a Saron, front armor to take that extra hit, rival chassis to upgrade my strafe speed and Magburner to escape. Ofcourse my gunner and I will rip a stock or barely upgraded Vanguard or Prowler to shreds, because that is exactly what we outfitted it for.
The rare occasions that we do meet a fully upgraded 2/2 Vanguard or Prowler with proper secondary gun we have to use every trick we can in order to survive. Those are the best duels, and hugely rewarding if we win. But since barely anyone bothers to upgrade it's a shooting gallery for us.

Another thing I notice is that both Vanguard and Prowler drivers just tend to park and start lobbing shells at long distance. What can I say? They engage us at the range we are most comfortable with. So we let them have it. And since they usually don't move at all it's again, a shooting gallery for us.
The better tank drivers will try to close the gap to ensure more hits and force the Mag to go on the defensive, or they rotate their tank bodies sideways (presenting their shielded sides) so they too can strafe dodge my shots at range with moving backwards and forwards. But most of them will just park and spam and expect somehow to win against a highly mobile opponent with a rail gun that is build from the ground up to kill other tanks.

So to conclude: From what I see on the battlefield on Miller, Mags are mostly winning fights because they play to their strengths against poorly equipped opponents. But let them nerf us, and we'll try even harder to win each fight!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion