Will This Run on Integrated Graphics? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Anyone got a cookie?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-30, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Renamon
Private

Re: Will This Run on Integrated Graphics?

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Sorry to tell you, but this game doesn't have textures, lighting, particle effects or animations anywhere near frostbite - not that its a bad thing. he game needs to be toned down to achieve its goals.

As for your point about map size and player count, those are almost exclusively CPU issues, not GPU. This is why MMO's are typically more CPU intensive and less GPU intensive than other games. Given that integrated graphics are linked right to the CPU, this only further diminishes this game's abiliy to run on them.

Bottom line, if you don't know something that well understood and simple, you should probably not attack others.
Actually, BECAUSE the integrated graphics are linked to the CPU, it relies on the CPU to do all of the horsepower.

Meaning that really, in a CPU intensive game, it should only run better. I know that for a fact with MMOs like The Old Republic and others.
Old 2012-07-30, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Renamon View Post
Actually, BECAUSE the integrated graphics are linked to the CPU, it relies on the CPU to do all of the horsepower.

Meaning that really, in a CPU intensive game, it should only run better. I know that for a fact with MMOs like The Old Republic and others.
No. More workload for CPU = less performance. Trust me.
Old 2012-07-30, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Nasher
Sergeant

Integrated graphics are not for gaming. As they lack the hardware power, most of the processing is done at a software level so it's MUCH slower. With some games they just do not work as they won't be able to find a hardware shader.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

With HD 4000, maybe, MAYBE.

Anything less than that is a no, even half decent cards are having trouble keeping up with the game.
Old 2012-07-31, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

As I said earlier, the HD 2500 chipset can obtain 20 fps in the tank run bench in BF3 on low settings at a resolution very similar the OP's. That means Planetside 2 should be PLAYABLE, but it will definitely not run well, and large firefights may cause unbearable slowdowns.

In regards to comments I've seen, having a large CPU load does NOT slow down the integrated chipset. An integrated chipset is not software driven (don't know where you got that) but there is actually physically extra room on the CPU die and there is a graphics card there. A really slow, tiny, nerfed graphics card that shares RAM as VRAM but it should not be affected by CPU load.
Old 2012-07-31, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by JawsOfLife View Post
As I said earlier, the HD 2500 chipset can obtain 20 fps in the tank run bench in BF3 on low settings at a resolution very similar the OP's. That means Planetside 2 should be PLAYABLE, but it will definitely not run well, and large firefights may cause unbearable slowdowns.

In regards to comments I've seen, having a large CPU load does NOT slow down the integrated chipset. An integrated chipset is not software driven (don't know where you got that) but there is actually physically extra room on the CPU die and there is a graphics card there. A really slow, tiny, nerfed graphics card that shares RAM as VRAM but it should not be affected by CPU load.
Most laptop integrated graphics are not on the die, except in an APU. They usually are a separate chip on the motherboard. This isn't an ARM SoC we're talking about here.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-07-31, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
Most laptop integrated graphics are not on the die, except in an APU. They usually are a separate chip on the motherboard. This isn't an ARM SoC we're talking about here.
Intel GPU's like the HD2000 to HD4000 are all on die. Not the motherboard.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Integrated graphics are not for gaming.
So everything that's not very GPU intensive like indie games aren't gaming any more these days? Man, times are changing fast.

But if you want to run games on an integrated gpu, go AMD. Their apu solutions are currently way better then Intel. They are worse on the pure cpu side but bring more power to the table in terms of gaming.
But I would doubt they would run PS2 in a reasonable fashion. Maybe the fastes of the upcoming Trinity models. But only maybe.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-08-01 at 04:26 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Bags
Lieutenant General

At like 800x640 with everything on low, I imagine if you try to skirt any huge engagements and stay in small battles it should be fairly playable.

I can't imagine it running a huge fight.

As long as they optimize it as well as they say they will..

Edit: jeeze this thread is worse than COD+BF3's communities together.

Last edited by Bags; 2012-08-01 at 04:40 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Meatballs
Private

Post Re: Will This Run on Integrated Graphics?

I'd definitely get a Radeon HD 7750. I have one (VTX) now in low profile and it is so good. Running Tf2 and it never gets below 60 on highest with AA at x2 and hits 140fps regularly.

It cost me £100 but a full sized version of this card is cheaper and I'm running on an i3 with 4GB of Ram.

If you can afford it, get the 7770 as it's about 20% better but more CPU hungry.

Btw, I'm running this on a 250W PSU and it's recommended 300W, that means I'm not even pushing this card to it's full potential. I suggest either 7750/7770, it'll also set you up for the future with Direct X 11.1 if you're not going to upgrade after that for a period of time.

However it maybe better to look at Nvidia cards as that's what it's being ran on.
It will run, just not very nice at all, I really suggest getting a dedicated graphics card!

-Meatballs

Last edited by Meatballs; 2012-08-01 at 04:42 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Bags
Lieutenant General

It's amazing how almost no one actually read the OP past his title.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Nimx
Private

Originally Posted by DREGS View Post
Anyone know if this will run on my Commodore 64? I'd prefer to play on desktop, but if it won't then I'll use my Gameboy Color.
Yes it will run on your Commodore. SOE will send you a source code book for you to type in the game code and store it on your own floppies. You will only need 10,000 floppies. One button joystick support not available.
Old 2012-08-01, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
therandomone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Edit: jeeze this thread is worse than COD+BF3's communities together.
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It's amazing how almost no one actually read the OP past his title.
I had to quote you two separate times here, because I agree with both of these statements.

Also, all of this knowledge people have is based on...10% of what we actually know and about 90% speculations. Who knew people could hide so much up their ass? Ready to pull it out at a moments notice
Old 2012-08-01, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nimx View Post
Yes it will run on your Commodore. SOE will send you a source code book for you to type in the game code and store it on your own floppies. You will only need 10,000 floppies. One button joystick support not available.
U think your funny no?

This guy is asking something normal.And if u cant give a normal answer to his question then Get the fuck out of here and leave those people alone.

My answer: You can may be run it on low settings.Just try it before u upgrade anything.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion