Zealot Maxes need rebalancing - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <3 teh sigbot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-24, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rolfski
Major

Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Normally I'm firmly against any premature, over-panicking "OMG nerf this" feedback but being on the delivering end as well as the receiving end of these babies for a few days now, it's pretty safe to say that Zealot Overdrive is ridiculously powerful.

As much as the VS has been in dare need for powerful Maxes for a long time, they overdid it with Zealot Overdrive. My biggest gripes:
  • Aegis shield and Lockdown mode are situational, Zealot Overdrive is always a good option in a game where dps and movement bonuses are way more important than your ability to tank.
  • Its ability being infinite, they basically created an uber heavy infantry class now with the Zealot Max, negating the single characteristic that always kept Maxes at bay: their sluggishness. There's really no need now for VS infantry for being any other class in CQB other then Zealot Overdrive Max or support. Zealot Overdrive Max + engineer = near instant win.
  • (UPDATE) Burster Zealot Maxes are even more ridiculous, even more so than Lockdown Maxes as there's no way for air to out-manoeuvre them. Lockdown/Zealot shouldn't be allowed on Burster Maxes in the first place imo: It makes AA unbalanced and gives NC an unfair disadvantage.

As much as I always opposed the insta-kill ability of Scatter Maxes combined with the lack of possibilities for NC Maxes for being a decent AI solution at range, balancing it out with a new uber heavy assault class for VS is not the way to go imo.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-05-26 at 06:32 PM.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Don't bring the fire here, please... It's just another shotgun discussion.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Falcon_br
Captain

I am ok with it, they die to a single rocket to the face or just on c4 brick from far, the only problem is hitting moving target, but I am already getting used to that.
When I am camping a spawn point with anchored mode I can kill Zoe max fast, but when it comes a shielded max, I can do anything, just die, he will get on my face, maybe circle me and when I am undeploying he will kill me, or just kill me face to face, he still got more, dps on melee range.
So, anchored kills Zoe, that kills shield that kills anchored, looks strange but functional.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-24, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stanis
Master Sergeant

ZOE made VS maxes fun to play.

Before it was very hard to get this ratio of maxes in the field - except for a Bio Lab crash.

So in addition to ZOE this is also the first time you are fighting VS with such a high ratio of Maxes.
Old 2013-05-24, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sunrock
Major

Yea I don't think we need to cry nerf yet. There are tactics we can use to overcome the VS maxes. It's just going to take a few days before players getting used to the new play styles.

It's more a cry over that the game have changed dramatically and TBH I don't like when things change in games so I have to relearn them. But more so when my own weapons and abilities change then others.

If we just play a bit more defensively and advance slowly against the new VS MAX horde using the right tools this should be fine...
Old 2013-05-24, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Obstruction
First Sergeant

its also like the first days the strikers were out, and everywhere you went there where 35 rockets coming at everything in the air.

now that the shine has worn off it isn't as bad, most of the time. same will go for these things too, and like sun says people will figure out their ways of dealing with it.

it might be as simple as getting two or three guys together and noobtubing them, honestly.

i'll tell you about that NC max though. shield or no shield they squish under a Harasser no problem.
Old 2013-05-24, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
its also like the first days the strikers were out, and everywhere you went there where 35 rockets coming at everything in the air.
Err.... them days are still here!

Another TR whine thread... shame cos the devs normally listen to these TR whine threads. The fact is ZOE makes us takes lots more damage when in use, something a few TR couldnt grasp last night on Miller. If they nerf ZOE then they need to nerf lockdown damage to be fair. IMO it's fine as it is.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Honestly ZOE at first for me seemed a little silly, but after people learned to adapt aka stopped bumrushing maxes I found it a lot harder to stomp people.
A deployed TR max will shred a ZOE max aegis maxes can shuffle at ZOE maxes wait for them expunge all their ammo then drop their shield and pump them full of shotguns, assuming the zoe max just doesn't bail.

On a side note I have never seen so many VS maxes, not even in beta.

Old 2013-05-24, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Err.... them days are still here!

Another TR whine thread... shame cos the devs normally listen to these TR whine threads. The fact is ZOE makes us takes lots more damage when in use, something a few TR couldnt grasp last night on Miller. If they nerf ZOE then they need to nerf lockdown damage to be fair. IMO it's fine as it is.
First of all it's just 2 days. I think we have to give it at least 5-10 more.

And an other TR white thread? This coming from a VS player?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If there is one faction that whine all the time about every thing and force the devs to make changes it's the VS players.

PS: However the TTK difference between the ZOE and a lockdown max while testing in the VR room is very little. I have not measure it exactly but it's in the ball park of 1-1.5 sec. The mobility of the ZOE whoever compensate for the slightly lower TTK by allot more then then the lockdown slightly higher TTK is worth. So on paper the ZOE is better then the lockdown. And if you pit a ZOE AI weapon equipped against a lockdown AI weapon equipped MAX the ZOE will win every time as long as he don't run strait onto the TR max from 50+ meters away. So inside a BIO lab for an example the ZOE MAX is a way better weapon then a Lockdown MAX. So if they change anything for the ZOE it's not really necessary to change anything else for the other factions.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-05-24 at 05:31 AM.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
A deployed TR max will shred a ZOE max
Only of the ZOE max player is a total noob. Any player with a brain and some experience would kill the TR lockdown max when using a ZOE max.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Only of the ZOE max player is a total noob. Any player with a brain and some experience would kill the TR lockdown max when using a ZOE max.
Except for the fact the damage buff on ZOE level 5 is miniscule and with the deployed maxes ROF increase and the ZOE's damage resistance debuff... Do I really have to spell it out to you?

Old 2013-05-24, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dreamcast
Major

A Zoe will destroy a TR MAX...SRSLY.

The Zoe strafing is just amazing, that thing will destroy anything at close to meduim range, specially open field.

A Stationary TR MAX is an easy target for a ZOE.

I am ok with it, they die to a single rocket to the face or just on c4 brick from far, the only problem is hitting moving target, but I am already getting used to that.
When I am camping a spawn point with anchored mode I can kill Zoe max fast, but when it comes a shielded max, I can do anything, just die, he will get on my face, maybe circle me and when I am undeploying he will kill me, or just kill me face to face, he still got more, dps on melee range.
So, anchored kills Zoe, that kills shield that kills anchored, looks strange but functional.
Bro you're camping a spawn point....Is easy as hell to kill somebody when your spawn camping them.

ZOE strafing speeds need to be greatly reduced, at least to normal infantry levels.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post
Except for the fact the damage buff on ZOE level 5 is miniscule and with the deployed maxes ROF increase and the ZOE's damage resistance debuff... Do I really have to spell it out to you?

No but apparently I have to spell out for you. If the ZOE take advantage of the terrain and coming very close then bum rush inside and/or past the lockdown MAX he will kill him very easily. There is no way a lockdown MAX have time to kill a ZOE if you get within 15-20m of it before he can open fire on you. So inside any building ZOE max wins.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-05-24 at 05:50 AM.
Old 2013-05-24, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Oh so the issue is the other person out manoeuvring the other. Any max can do that to a stationary max on any faction.
Good to know.

Old 2013-05-24, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
If there is one faction that whine all the time about every thing and force the devs to make changes it's the VS players.
Rofl. Riiiiiigghtt. Another TR who doesn't realise ZOE takes signifcantly more damage when in ZOE mode. Something you can't 'test' in VR with TTK etc.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion