Banned for Absolutely No Reason - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If we run you over, it wasn't our falt
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-22, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Renderman
Private

Banned for Absolutely No Reason

I've been banned entirely from SOE. My router was MAC addressed banned, and I was hardware banned also. The problem behind this? Apparently I was hacking/exploiting. I opened an appeal to possibly see if I could get unbanned; denied. Now I can't even continue the ticket on the website, because I cannot connect to it. All I remember was sitting in the warpgate on Mattherson VS, asking if anyone had experienced the turret hackers like NC was. (Note: This was on an alt account.) When I went to go check the TR. I drop pod in, /suicide, and go to the TR Warpgate on Indar, were I was promptly "Account Terminated"

The funny thing is? I got no email as to why I was banned. AT ALL

I call customer support. They only told me I was "Banned" in the info. The 2nd guy I call, said he had to go very deep in review to see why, and said hacking/exploiting.

I honestly have no clue what I have done to piss them off so bad to completely block me off.

Speculation arouse the other night. I was in the spawn room on VS Indar, where the AA turret was spawned in front of the equipment terminal. I used light assault to fly up and land on the barrel of the gun, which was pointing straight up. Now this might've been client side for me, and a GM just so happened to see me floating in the air, while the gun was pointed forward normally. Another reason, was my name was "Warpgatechecker" So speculation has gotten really out of hand for me. I really wanna play, and I'm extremely dedicated.

Being banned for absolutely no reason at all, is like being put on death row with no reason as to why, except you done something "Bad."
Old 2013-01-22, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Banned for Absolutely No Reason

I don't know anything about SOE's CSR team, nor do I know their policies. If they are anything like the other major MMO companies for which I have worked, a significant amount of time goes into a hacking investigation. It's rare, *in my experience*, that someone gets banned for not deserving it.

Again, as I said, I don't know how SOE handles things. So don't take what I say as an indictment or accusation.
Old 2013-01-22, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Renderman
Private

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._for_this_134/

Its not that rare. SkyExile was banned. Comfy Blanket. All False accusations from GMs.

I still have no idea why I was banned. Not even an email telling me why. I plan to call tomorrow and find out exactly why from the Senior of Tech Support. I have 2 others in the house who play, and they can't even get on. So basically banning 3 people, not one.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

1. I am glad to hear they are hardware banning people.

2. Sadly, like locks on a glass door, this will only keep the honest people out.

3. Sorry if you're actually an honest person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, however I am inclined to not believe you and to not care. Such is the world we live in.

That said, email John Smedley here, [email protected], if you actually are innocent. Don't email him if you did hack; One must "man up" some time.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2013-01-23 at 12:06 AM.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Renderman
Private

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
1. I am glad to hear they are hardware banning people.

2. Sadly, like locks on a glass door, this will only keep the honest people out.

3. Sorry if you're actually an honest person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, however I am inclined to not believe you and to not care. Such is the world we live in.
I appreciate that. I don't expect people to believe me. The CRS was just as confused as me, because I didn't even receive an email as to why I was banned.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Hacking is out of control. That's why you got banned.

I'm not even going to log in to take part in the event on the 25th unless Smed makes a statement about the recent wave of hacking. It needs to be acknowledged and fixed, like yesterday, because these folks (from what I have seen in many youtube videos) have completely walked all over SOE's game. I feel bad for SOE, but at the same time Smed pretty much "called out" the hackers on twitter a few weeks back, so I would imagine PS2 players are simply suffering for that laps in judgment. Not a smart move, Smed; Either take legal action or learn to shut up (and not shutting up may end up hurting any legal action you take later on...).

I don't "get" Sony when it comes to this subject. They'll nail to the wall the guy who cracked the Playstation 3's firmware so that it boot the Linux operating system (you know, like the original Playstation 3 was advertised and designed to do...), yet they'll let people make cheats and hacks for their MMOs? Sony: "Oh no, a guy is running Open Office on his Playstation 3! Better brake out the lawyers!" How about go after the folks who are making the emulators and cracks for the PS3 games? How about nailing the thieves to the wall and leaving the would-be do-gooders alone? Again, I just don't understand Sony when it comes to this subject, because "it don't make sense".
Old 2013-01-23, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Wait, so if there is a burnt out broken turret sitting in front of a spawn room door, blocking people from getting in/out...

That is the world object placement hack?

Im'ma make sure i don't go anywhere near that kinda stuff if i see it in game now, and maybe even change Continents.

On a more positive note, hey! Looks like they are Hardware banning hackers! suck that you fuckers!!!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-01-23, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Renderman
Private

Hacking is out of control. That's why you got banned.

I'm not even going to log in to take part in the event on the 25th unless Smed makes a statement about the recent wave of hacking. It needs to be acknowledged and fixed, like yesterday, because these folks (from what I have seen in many youtube videos) have completely walked all over SOE's game. I feel bad for SOE, but at the same time Smed pretty much "called out" the hackers on twitter a few weeks back, so I would imagine PS2 players are simply suffering for that laps in judgment. Not a smart move, Smed; Either take legal action or learn to shut up (and not shutting up may end up hurting any legal action you take later on...).

I don't "get" Sony when it comes to this subject. They'll nail to the wall the guy who cracked the Playstation 3's firmware so that it boot the Linux operating system (you know, like the original Playstation 3 was advertised and designed to do...), yet they'll let people make cheats and hacks for their MMOs? Sony: "Oh no, a guy is running Open Office on his Playstation 3! Better brake out the lawyers!" How about go after the folks who are making the emulators and cracks for the PS3 games? How about nailing the thieves to the wall and leaving the would-be do-gooders alone? Again, I just don't understand Sony when it comes to this subject, because "it don't make sense".
I agree with you 100% but I would like a fair trial to say. For one, no email for even being banned. I don't hack. It's unfair. I've played PS1 since release, and have high hopes for this game to succeed. I feel extremely falsely accused, and I would like reasoning, rather than be left in the dark.

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Wait, so if there is a burnt out broken turret sitting in front of a spawn room door, blocking people from getting in/out...

That is the world object placement hack?

Im'ma make sure i don't go anywhere near that kinda stuff if i see it in game now, and maybe even change Continents.

On a more positive note, hey! Looks like they are Hardware banning hackers! suck that you fuckers!!!
I maybe stood on it for like.. 2 seconds, before logging off to my TR character. I don't know what the GM saw. That's why I am curious.

Last edited by Renderman; 2013-01-23 at 12:42 AM.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I have no idea if you are legit or not.

I do know that SOEs anti-hack measures have failed in the past - but only famous players get any relief for SOes mistakes..
Old 2013-01-23, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chewy
Major

Hacking is out of control.

..(stuff)..

How about go after the folks who are making the emulators and cracks for the PS3 games?

..(other stuff Im not replying about)..
Hold on there buddy. Hacks and cracks are one thing that needs a dealing with, no argument there form me. Emulators on the other hand are another beast all together that shouldn't be messed with. It's the ROM copies of games that are iffy, not the emulators.

Without emulators there plainly wouldn't be way to play older games without paying out the ass for both the working hardware, a non-fucked up game disk/cartridge, and a means to use them. (It was a bitch to get NES games to work when they where new! ) Without emulators, every single game of past generations not supported and sold by the current would cease to exist once rot takes hold. There are hundreds, maybe thousands or more, of games that have been lost to time already. Those games are our history. OUR history of gaming and gamers. It's like restoring books and film that are in just as much danger of being lost. There MUST to be a way to make them last the test of time, or loose them forever.

Emulators are not a problem, and I pray that they never will become one. It's the ROM copies that have the legal issues with copy protection laws. And Im on the side of. After enough time and the game is no longer sold in retail, then the CC law shouldn't be enforceable.

Im sorry for derailing there for a bit. It's just that this is a real thing that needs to be understood. Plastic isn't as strong as most think. It rots without warning and doesn't have the ability to be restored.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Renderman
Private

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I have no idea if you are legit or not.

I do know that SOEs anti-hack measures have failed in the past - but only famous players get any relief for SOes mistakes..
They have banned people just out of speculation. I feel I'm under that pretense. I've never done anything to break the game. The only thing I have done that was close to an exploit was the ATV Catapult, but I'm sure everyone has done that before. Its to hilarious, and shouldn't even be removed, which I think they are actually not going to. Doesn't harm anything in the game.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

just a fyi /report dose not work atm. this means someone opened a support ticket on you and the devs were watching you. so if you were being ,racist,abusive, tking,griefing,hacking and or exploiting they saw you doing it.

only other options are you got keylogged and or someone was on your account doing one of the above.if this is the case you will still be banned.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-01-23 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cyridius
Private

Sorry OP, don't believe you for shit. They don't HWID Ban or IP Ban people on first offense. Infact, first time hackers only get a 7 day suspension.

Last edited by Cyridius; 2013-01-23 at 01:52 AM.
Old 2013-01-23, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Renderman
Private

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
just a fyi /report dose not work atm. this means someone opened a support ticket on you and the devs were watching you. so if you were being ,racist,abusive, tking,griefing,hacking and or exploiting they saw you doing it.

only other options are you got keylogged and or someone was on your account doing one of the above.if this is the case you will still be banned.
I wasn't doing any of the sort. Again, was just in the warpgate, on an alt account, checking to see if they were experiencing the turrets flinging around knocking people out and killing them. Sign off to my TR character and got banned. Took til the next morning and then my main account was banned. Again no email as to why I was banned.

Originally Posted by Cyridius View Post
Sorry OP, don't believe you for shit. They don't HWID Ban or IP Ban people on first offense. Infact, first time hackers only get a 7 day suspension.
The time I was banned, was when the turret hackers were killing people. So for one to see me standing on a turret gun, he probably mistook me as the main culprit. Like I said above many times before. No email as to why I was banned. I wasn't hacking, nor was I doing anything else, but asking people if they were experiencing the same thing as the NC warpgate.

Why would I spend hundreds of dollars, and then hack and ruin the experience for me? I know, there are some people out there that would do that, but I am not one of those. I want to see the game succeed more than the next guy. PS1 was such a great game, and to have it live through a sequel that has more marketing would be great. I wanna play this game for years to come, and being falsely accused of hacking/exploiting really ruins it for me.

I have no vengeance, nor do I expect to get unbanned, but I would like to know what they saw, and explain to me why they decided to ban me. A fair trial, and information for my persecution.

Last edited by Renderman; 2013-01-23 at 02:09 AM.
Old 2013-01-23, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
psijaka
Contributor
Major

On the face of it, it sounds as if you have had a raw deal, Renderman. I'm all for dealing firmly with hackers but SoE should present the evidence to the accused.

Let us know how you get on.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion