News: Server Merges Incoming - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We are the PSU. Resistance is Futile.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-21, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Re: Server Merges Incoming

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Jaeger + Matterson + SolTech + Waterson = Emerald

Someone brought it up. It's an easy decision really seeing as all of those servers combined have a population < 6K during prime-time. Then when April comes around we'd have 2K more added to the cap. Then Searhus adds 2K more again.
As far as US East servers go, I see only three possibilities:
  1. They merge SolTech and Jaeger into Mattherson and Waterson.
  2. They merge SolTech and Jaeger together.
  3. They do absolutely nothing.

I do think the last option is a possibility. With the eventual continent locking mechanic (which is potentially coming before Hossin), filling servers to capacity would present the very real problem of potentially putting a significant number of players into a queue.
Old 2013-02-21, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
MercDT
Sergeant

Can someone enlighten me on the Jaeger server pop distribution during prime time?
Old 2013-02-21, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Kirotan
Corporal

Originally Posted by MercDT View Post
Can someone enlighten me on the Jaeger server pop distribution during prime time?
Fairly healthy. Indar fills up, and platoons can be found across Esamir and Amerish. The populations were balanced until recently (Magrider nerfs caused the 4th empire to leave the VS).

Being a Jaeger player, I guess Waterson is better than Matherson as far as TR is concerned. Having drastically more TR will make the fights boring, but it's better than dealing with The Enclave. (Not that I have any personal problems with them, but there's too much bad press there).
Old 2013-02-21, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
MercDT
Sergeant

Waterson still has a large TR pop but like you said it has to be significantly better than Matherson. Thanks for the info.
Old 2013-02-21, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Mastodon
Private

Originally Posted by Kirotan View Post
Fairly healthy. Indar fills up, and platoons can be found across Esamir and Amerish. The populations were balanced until recently (Magrider nerfs caused the 4th empire to leave the VS).

Being a Jaeger player, I guess Waterson is better than Matherson as far as TR is concerned. Having drastically more TR will make the fights boring, but it's better than dealing with The Enclave. (Not that I have any personal problems with them, but there's too much bad press there).
Vanu populations have, more often than not, been sub-30% during prime since before GU2. There was no noticable exodus of the "4th empire" from Vanu on Jaeger. There's just not that many Vanu and there probably never have been. TR and NC are about even in the mid to high 30s with NC probably having the edge.

I don't know about platoons across Esamir and Amerish. Maybe a platoon of one faction steam rolling empty hexes while a squad, maybe two tried in vain to defend.

Last edited by Mastodon; 2013-02-21 at 09:18 PM.
Old 2013-02-21, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Pray tell, why did people leave in the first place to such an extent that only fights were/are available on Indar... now tell me, has anything really changed with the game to stop people from leaving? You can list all the changes you like, I still see the game playing out EXACTLY like it always has done.
You see Bobby I have an issue with this statement. Ps2 has matured quite a lot in the last three months. We have had pretty major changes to every base and outpost in the game. Air power though still strong and dangerous is no longer the uber mass murder machines that they used to be. Planetside 2 has a different feel to it even now just three months after launch. I am confident this game will be big.
Old 2013-02-21, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I play on Indar because it has the most ground clutter to lose tails in. But, if I play on another continent, there's nothing to tail you. ITS A CONUNDRUM.
Lol, some funny shit.
Old 2013-02-23, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Well I'm a bit miffed I chose Woodman as my server since it will not get merged with anything and we only get medium population on peak hours. I take it we're gonna be the new Genudine. Now when each other server gets merged and I suppose some of them will show HIGH-population on that character creation screen, nobody's gonna join Woodman. So I either have to pay to move to a bigger server or wait a few months until they merge with the smallest ones. Months upon months of extra Indar only time...sweet.
Old 2013-02-23, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Loban View Post
Yes, Helios needs help. Esamir and Amerish are always deserted. Also, I find it strange that VS was the population majority at first, but now it's NC.
Ya. I have an alt on Helios and, sorry, but its just not the same as Connery. We still do pretty well on Connery. I think it would be a good thing if we picked up some smaller west coast servers. Then you can help us get over the mass of 666 corpses. lol
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion