In Game Radio Stations! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Come on, try it, all the cool kids are doing it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-16, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marsgrim
Sergeant

In Game Radio Stations!

Would be fantastic if there was a way to tune your mozzie/prowler radio into an in game station playing music like APB did.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Karrade
First Sergeant

Re: In Game Radio Stations!

Originally Posted by Marsgrim View Post
Would be fantastic if there was a way to tune your mozzie/prowler radio into an in game station playing music like APB did.
Yeah that would be interesting , especially if some of those radio stations could be run by different factions, each one doing its best at making one.

Most big MMO's get a radio station, anyone planning one for PS2?
Old 2012-07-16, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Karrade View Post
Yeah that would be interesting , especially if those radio stations could be run by different factions, each one doing its best at making one.
I can see that hurting Terran Republic Membership. All soldiers are required to tune into Regimented Radio at all times. *Hey Listeners, we got another special request from our beloved leader. That's right, it's time once again for that hit single "You can Break my Heart Baby, but Deserters will be Shot".
Old 2012-07-16, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Deadeye
Sergeant

Why not partner with Pandora or Tune-in and stream music straight through the in-vehicle radio? Would also be awesome if people in your vehicle could hear the music too.

Could also let people near the vehicle hear it too. Imagine pulling up to your local sunderer for a pit stop and hearing something playing over the radio. Now that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I can see that hurting Terran Republic Membership. All soldiers are required to tune into Regimented Radio at all times. *Hey Listeners, we got another special request from our beloved leader. That's right, it's time once again for that hit single "You can Break my Heart Baby, but Deserters will be Shot".
Yeah, propaganda would be hilarious. Forget Tokyo Rose, we've got Tokyo Terran. (No offense to the Japanese).

Last edited by Deadeye; 2012-07-16 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Raymac
Brigadier General

Yeah, I think a Tokyo Rose would add alot of color to the game.

Old 2012-07-16, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Karrade
First Sergeant

Starship troopers music for TR in PS1 was the way to go for those big fights.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
Why not partner with Pandora or Tune-in and stream music straight through the in-vehicle radio? Would also be awesome if people in your vehicle could hear the music too.

Could also let people near the vehicle hear it too. Imagine pulling up to your local sunderer for a pit stop and hearing something playing over the radio. Now that would be awesome.

Yeah, propaganda would be hilarious. Forget Tokyo Rose, we've got Tokyo Terran. (No offense to the Japanese).
That's what I was thinking on the streams. Tr will of course have the best music.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ighlight=radio

My outfit plans to start one for the NC on our server once we can iron out everything that will be needed to make it work.

Old 2012-07-16, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Looopy
Private

Flying a Galaxy about to make a huge drop while Sympathy for the Devil is playing..

GO GO GO!!!!!!
Old 2012-07-16, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Why not partner with Pandora or Tune-in and stream music straight through the in-vehicle radio? Would also be awesome if people in your vehicle could hear the music too..
i love this idea, and it would bring advertising dollars to soe..
Old 2012-07-16, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sephirex
Major

Why not partner with Pandora or Tune-in and stream music straight through the in-vehicle radio? Would also be awesome if people in your vehicle could hear the music too..
I can detect massive Lore-related arguments and drama being created by this.
Also, do you REALLY want to hear what some people play? I've heard way too much garbage just coming through people's headsets.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-16 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I can detect massive Lore-related arguments and drama being created by this.
Also, do you REALLY want to hear what some people play? I've heard way too much garbage just coming through people's headsets.
Waitill they pipe in hemmorhoid commercials.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

With intermittent propaganda messages, like the commercials Fallout 3 had between songs.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
With intermittent propaganda messages, like the commercials Fallout 3 had between songs.
Indeed.

I think Fallout's use of the radio was the best, although part of that was because it adapted to what you did as well. If you can get the game to talk about "outbreaks of fighting in [insert hex here]" or the "tragic loss of TR's base to terrorist scum" etc. in a way that actually represents player action... that would be awesome.

I also think it shouldn't be limited to vehicles. I mean, you've got a comm system in your helmet already...

EDIT: Also, the Radio could be an interesting way to announce special events by having the organizers cut into the regularly scheduled broadcasts with in-character announcements or something similar.

Last edited by Flaropri; 2012-07-16 at 03:04 PM.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

No, we'll just play the entire extended 2-CD soundtrack from Starship Troopers over and over and over again. :P Oh, and 'Klendathu Drop' during big Gal drops.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-07-16 at 03:20 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion