News: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So, does this "Planetside" have chicks?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-19, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th

Originally Posted by LadyShade View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is hating on our CHARITY event... a) Men can get breast cancer too
A concerned man in America went to SIX clinics this year during breast cancer awareness month, that were offering free checkups because of the month and was turned away from all of them. So your comment becomes irrelevant when there are sexist double standards being held and men do not receive the same chance offered to women.

b) November is Prostate cancer awareness month ( http://prostatecancer.ca/Get-Involve...r#.Ul3MJRCULxI ) c) I challenge all you haters to plan your own prostate cancer event! There is no reason you cant, we are all community members planning this just like you! If you need help getting started email me [email protected]

-LadyShade
The language "haters" is your choice, no one is "hating" on breast cancer suffering, we all have women we love and it's a great cause - it is simply disproportionately supported by men and women alike. I admit I saw "lets raise money for breast cancer!", missing the fact that it was awareness month, so my original post is really not something I'd say if I'd read the thread title properly. I support initiatives to improve the health of women and men. It's just daft that they keep trying to get predominantly male organisations/groups to lead the charge; whilst half the feminists behind them continue to blame men for all of lifes ills.

Well November/Movember came and no similar initiative came about.

To add insult to injury they released a new hood ornament (a moustache) but offered none of the proceeds to go to any men's health charity (so its a PURE CASH GRAB on a symbol of Movember).

Imagine if they released pink ribbon decals for breast cancer awareness month and then took all the money!

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2013-11-19 at 05:08 PM.
Old 2013-11-19, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
A concerned man in America went to SIX clinics this year during breast cancer awareness month, that were offering free checkups because of the month and was turned away from all of them. So your comment becomes irrelevant when there are sexist double standards being held and men do not receive the same chance offered to women.

It's just daft that they keep trying to get predominantly male organisations/groups to lead the charge; whilst half the feminists behind them continue to blame men for all of lifes ills.
Only daft thing here is you bringing unnecessary drama into a thread about a charity event. Don't like it? Don't support it. Simple as.
This thread is not for discussing gender issues.

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Well November/Movember came and no similar initiative came about.
Then try getting people together in order to have such an event. Don't blame others for their initiative.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion