Cert Changes - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where being gay is ok!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-18, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Sunrock
Major

Re: Cert Changes

Originally Posted by VikingKong View Post
That's what the devs had said, yeah. Either way, I fail to see how that could possibly be considered unfair. All the guns are equally capable of making things bleed.
All the guns are equally capable of making things bleed? Should I read that as all weapons have the same TTK? If so I don't agree.

But if you mean this is a FPS game and skill is worth allot more then your gear in this game then a 'WoW clone' then yea. And that is way I'm ok with this game have some degree of P2W. Because all I need is a knife to kill

Old 2012-09-18, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
This is just an example but they offer a heavy assault weapon that has lock-on capabilities to vehicles in the cash shop currently. I can only assume that this type of weapon won't be tagged to be bought with SC and only available to be bought with in-game currency. But right now they do show a 'SC' next to it in the cash shop so it looks pay-to-win.
If you can also buy the weapon with auraxium as well as SC, then it's not PTW. Cash shop is still closed, but I'll be buying stuff if the price is right.
Old 2012-09-18, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
SFJake
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
If you can also buy the weapon with auraxium as well as SC, then it's not PTW
That is not true, period. Stop with that non-sense.
Old 2012-09-18, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Its fine the way it is. Now all they have to do is work on Auraxium gain rate and they're set.

Seriously, If you gained auraxium too fast, they run out of content and no one pays for shit. If you price it too low, no one plays exept the people who pay. Not quite pay to win, but close enough.

Allowing weapons to be purchased using real money is fine. As long as the balance is good
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2012-09-18, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
skateboardjesus
Private

It'll be fine once they get more feedback on the way things are during testing. Lots of people have extreme reactions to everything.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Galron
Staff Sergeant

ITT: Tards and idealists that don't know what PTW actually is.

Newsflash! I bought alpha squad, will most likely sub, and will probably hit up some double or triple SC days. SoE is in the process of making a wicked game, and with my current situation I very much want for them to 'shut up and take my money'.

Ive played FTP games that hid their one hit kill elite super weapons/loadouts behind either a giant wall of cash (lol moonbreakers nice try) or a looooooooooonnnnnngcat grind. (which reminds me I need to uninstall Tribes:Ascend). Both of these options drove me away from their game that I already spent the time to download/research and probably would have kept playing had their developers had their shit together when they put their revenue plan in place.

With planetside 2 they absolutely dont have the first problem, and the second problem is only a matter of balance. (can the aurax grind to get a weapon not feel like a month of playtime for one damn weapon?).

Assuming they hit the right balance on the latter, I see this as the default FTP revenue model for maximization of revenue and player retention. And no, its not pay to win. Its pay to support the damn game so people have the option of freeloading if they want to.
Old 2012-09-18, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
ITT: Tards and idealists that don't know what PTW actually is.

Newsflash! I bought alpha squad, will most likely sub, and will probably hit up some double or triple SC days. SoE is in the process of making a wicked game, and with my current situation I very much want for them to 'shut up and take my money'.

Ive played FTP games that hid their one hit kill elite super weapons/loadouts behind either a giant wall of cash (lol moonbreakers nice try) or a looooooooooonnnnnngcat grind. (which reminds me I need to uninstall Tribes:Ascend). Both of these options drove me away from their game that I already spent the time to download/research and probably would have kept playing had their developers had their shit together when they put their revenue plan in place.

With planetside 2 they absolutely dont have the first problem, and the second problem is only a matter of balance. (can the aurax grind to get a weapon not feel like a month of playtime for one damn weapon?).

Assuming they hit the right balance on the latter, I see this as the default FTP revenue model for maximization of revenue and player retention. And no, its not pay to win. Its pay to support the damn game so people have the option of freeloading if they want to.
Amen!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion