News: Roadmap Updates - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i dot gropped as a child
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-19, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tenhi
Corporal

Post Roadmap Updates

Roadmap

Tons of changes. They added "Update" threads for all classes and vehicles (all as Unscheduled).

They also added "Battle Flow Improvements" and "Improvements to Strategic Communication" for April.

Hossin and the new Base are now "unscheduled" until they added the 2 things above.

Convenience Items are now unscheduled . (and split in 3 seperate topics)

Edit: They want to add a K/D Ratio Reset Item... wtf
  • Unscheduled - Continent Locking
  • Unscheduled - New Continent: Hossin
  • Unscheduled - Re-certification Item
  • Unscheduled - Vehicle Zoning
  • Unscheduled - Interlink Facility
  • Unscheduled - Cert Screen Revamp
  • Unscheduled - Voice Packs
  • Unscheduled - Gifting
  • Unscheduled - In-game Mail
  • Unscheduled - Orbital Strike
  • Unscheduled - Class Update: Infiltrator
  • Unscheduled - Vehicle Update: Galaxy
  • Unscheduled - Class Update Engineer
  • Unscheduled - Vehicle Update: Empire Specific Fighters
  • Unscheduled - Vehicle Update: Main Battle Tanks
  • Unscheduled - Class Update: Heavy Assault
  • Unscheduled - Vehicle Update: Lightning
  • Unscheduled - Vehicle Update: Liberator
  • Unscheduled - Class Update: Combat Medic
  • Unscheduled - Server Transfer Token
  • Unscheduled - Name Change Token
  • Unscheduled - Air Vehicle Passenger Transport
  • Unscheduled - Taunts
  • Unscheduled - Supply Containers
  • Unscheduled - Facebook/Twitter Integration
  • Unscheduled - K/D Wipe Item

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-03-20 at 09:33 AM.
Old 2013-03-19, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Re: Roadmap Updates

K/D reset.. :/ yeah no

I'm guessing thats for mlg. Someone with a .2 kdr could reset, spam liberator for a while and suddenly have 10kdr.

Interesting that existing items are now unscheduled yet completely new ones POP up and take priority

Edit: Just saw they moved MAX to April.. FFS. Ive got 2100 certs saved up to drop on my max for the update, now I gotta wait even longer. Thats what I was looking forward to most with march, since theres another month.. It better be a freaking sweet as class revamp!

Double Edit: Looking at the roadmap now, they've deleted all the feb updates and they are not unscheduled. The roadmap has become one huge clusterfuck of disappointment for players..

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-03-20 at 05:55 AM.
Old 2013-03-19, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vashyo
First Sergeant

sad lot of good stuff went unscheduled, I suppose we have to wait for them longer =(

But on the bright side, I'm liking the 22/1 ratio for the new hex-system change. 1 misclick?
Old 2013-03-19, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I don't like it. People want to add ARs to heavy assault on the HA class update section. We can't have that being the only class people use to fight on the frontlines.

I would much rather see Combat Medic or Light Assault be the basic infantry grunt. Heavy assault seems like more of a tank-specialty class.
Old 2013-03-19, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
moosepoop
Captain

no news on crewed tanks

Old 2013-03-19, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dragonskin
Major

K/D should just be removed completely. Unless they are doing strictly TDM in MLG it doesn't have a place even in MLG. I could give a crap about some 10.0 KDR dude that doesn't get the objective completed. Resetting your K/D is just stupid.. it's a stupid stat for a objective oriented game. What positive behavior does displaying KDR promote? That's an honest question, because I don't think it promotes any positive behaviors within the game.

While on a rant about stupid stats.. SPM is also useless since it's effected by boosters and membership levels. There is absolutely no stat in the game that can clearly tell you what a player is good at.. well K/D usually means they either snipe, sit in nc maxs at bio labs or just vehicle whore their kills.

Also it sucks to see Hossin as unscheduled since this game desperately needs another continent almost as much as it needs the new hex (lattice) system.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
I don't like it. People want to add ARs to heavy assault on the HA class update section. We can't have that being the only class people use to fight on the frontlines.

I would much rather see Combat Medic or Light Assault be the basic infantry grunt. Heavy assault seems like more of a tank-specialty class.
Except Engineers can repair vehicles and have 2 options for destroying vehicles through either the AV turret or anti-tank mines.

Heavies only have rocket launchers unless you count the AV grenade that is pretty much useless. Heavies are totally the front line fighter in this game.

Light Assault doesn't have any tools to be a front line fighter. They are a skirmisher or an ambush type class... if you see a light assault before he can attack you then chances are he is dead. If the Light Assault is mostly on the ground then he will probably die.. they have jumpjets for a reason.

Medics can totally be front line, but a lot of people see those medics and the greedy only out to heal themselves kind. They are effective though since they have the AOE heal that is almost like having a shield at time.
Old 2013-03-19, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tenhi
Corporal

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post

I doubt that they will add ARs to the HA. They already have LMGs with very good range... so why would anyone ever use an AR for his HA?-_- A Class that could work with ARs is the Engineer... if you play as Infantry Support Engineer an AR would be really cool.

But I agree on the basic grunt thing. HAs shouldnt be the basic grunt class... if you look at real life armies (yeah yeah its a game) you would never ever see so much HAs. Rocket Launchers and LMGs arent things that the "basic grunt" has. The basic grunt would most likely use an AR. Then again a basic grunt class would be pretty boring.
Old 2013-03-19, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Continent locking is unscheduled? What the fucking fuck?!
But daily quests are still on schedule for April.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-19, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by dragonskin View Post
k/d should just be removed completely.

Also it sucks to see hossin as unscheduled since this game desperately needs another continent almost as much as it needs the new hex (lattice) system.
omfgwtfwhyamiagreeingwithyou?!

Who the fuck decided to unschedule hossin?!
Unscheduled - Continent Locking
In order to start laying the foundation for a proper metagame, we've been putting a lot of thought into continent locking. There are a lot of little snags and details still to work out, but the basic... Read More

Last updated - 2 minutes ago by Rraymondo316JOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
509 comments
Unscheduled - New Continent: Hossin
Adding a brand new continent: Hossin Hossin is a swamp covered continent. Bask in the glow of some sweet concept art. [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] ***UPDATE*** We've temporarily moved Hossin into... Read More

Last updated - Today at 4:18 PM by GaryJOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
489 comments
Unscheduled - Re-certification Item
There has been a desire from our community to be able to re-cert their characters. To facilitate this, we would sell a consumable item(s) from the Depot that would allow just that. **Note: This... Read More

Last updated - 6 minutes ago by Edgar Allan BroJOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
166 comments
Unscheduled - Vehicle Zoning
We'd like to allow vehicles to travel between continents by entering the Warpgate beam in each Empire's Warpgate area, instead of forcing players to abandon their vehicles. ***UPDATE*** We've... Read More

Last updated - Today at 12:41 AM by SaturaxJOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
343 comments
Unscheduled - Interlink Facility
The Interlink facility is a brand new base type on the scale of the Biolabs, Tech Plants, and Amp Stations. It includes a giant radar dish that will offer great cover from aircraft and has difficult... Read More

Last updated - Today at 6:14 PM by CulverJOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
57 comments
Unscheduled - Cert Screen Revamp
We would like to polish and streamline the certification screen currently in game, making it more efficient and intuitive.

Last updated - Today at 5:46 PM by SwarmnogJOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
76 comments
Unscheduled - Gifting
We'd like to add in support for gifting items to other players.

Last updated - Mar 11, 2013 by EugenitorJOIN DISCUSSION»
SCORE
77 comments
Unscheduled - In-game Mail
We'd like to add an in-game mail system to help on the communication front, likely contained somewhere in the existing notification screen.

Last updated - Today at 6:23 PM by ZaxudihJOIN DISCUSSION»
WHAT THE FUCK.

*twitch* Had best be temporary for all of it. Email can work if you put effort into it, unlike the nonexistent but still existent ps1 email.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-03-19 at 11:47 PM.
Old 2013-03-19, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Micro
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
omfgwtfwhyamiagreeingwithyou?!.
OMGWTFWHYDOIALSOAGREE?

And what happened to HOSSIN?!!
Old 2013-03-20, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Calm your tits and read the thread

We've temporarily moved Hossin into "Unscheduled" while we work on Battle Flow Improvements. This is because decisions we make while working on Battle Flow that impact the map will impact the design of Hossin. It's still something we intend to get out to you guys as soon as we can, but it doesn't make sense for us to keep moving forward until we've got a clearer understanding of the design going forward.
So, basically, they are redoing the layout of the bases to better support the new design and they don't know how long it will take.

Odds are, it'll get pushed back a month or two. They are still working on on the art assets (which is seriously the longest part), they just need to move bases around and make the flow better.

We will probably see an Indar redesign instead of Hossin, which I will accept.

EDIT: This also means that the new hex layout is going in for sure, rather than just being a concept/prototype. They've settled on the lattice-ish and are implementing it.

Last edited by Roy Awesome; 2013-03-20 at 02:02 AM.
Old 2013-03-20, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
Calm your tits and read the thread

So, basically, they are redoing the layout of the bases to better support the new design and they don't know how long it will take.

Odds are, it'll get pushed back a month or two. They are still working on on the art assets (which is seriously the longest part), they just need to move bases around and make the flow better.

We will probably see an Indar redesign instead of Hossin, which I will accept.

EDIT: This also means that the new hex layout is going in for sure, rather than just being a concept/prototype. They've settled on the lattice-ish and are implementing it.
Saw that hence my edit. Thats fine then if its temporary, it means they know their limits and how to do things. Thats good.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-03-20, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
almalino
First Sergeant

K/D Reset - 5000+ Certs! Profit :=)
Old 2013-03-20, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ringring
Contributor
General

It's all very sad.

Most of the stuff on there now is cosmetic (not literally) excluding the battle flow thing Malorn is working on and they won't improve the game.

The things that the game needs (I mean needs) are:
Hossin+Searhus+other
Home continents and removal of 1 foothold per home cont
Working warpgates removal
Inter-continental lattice

but ... I am on the verge of giving up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion