The Road map and why it doesnt work! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No purchase neccesary.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-04, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
raw
Sergeant

Re: The Road map and why it doesnt work!

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Hence why Valve have changed the game based directly from the top Pro's opinions no one elses.
I highly doubt that.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by raw View Post
I highly doubt that.
Not to go off topic.

But the recent CS:GO patch was worked on closely with the top CS:GO team's. N i P and VeryGames, Common knowledge.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm not a huge fan of the roadmap personally. But I would much rather have that than a CSM with "Huge Outfit Leaders" on it.. I don't want massive outfits deciding where this game goes either. Massive outfits would push forward what is good for them, not what is good for the game.

I think what we have now is probably the best balance we will get.

My biggest pet peeve right now is the people hanging around the community bitching who have quit the game.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-02-04 at 08:39 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the roadmap personally. But I would much rather have that than a CSM with "Huge Outfit Leaders" on it.. I don't want massive outfits deciding where this game goes either. Massive outfits would push forward what is good for them, not what is good for the game.

I think what we have now is probably the best balance we will get.

My biggest pet peeve right now is the people hanging around the community bitching who have quit the game.
Yes indeed. I only suggest these large outfits becuase the current leaders that i know have played through PS1 into PS2. And i would much rather have there opinion's effect the game than people who have not.
Old 2013-02-04, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
SwiftRanger
Private

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Forget Outfits for a second, a single (non-outfit) player who has played the game for 12 days (/played time) will have a better idea of the game mechanics than a single (non-outfit) player who has 1 day /played.
Sure but where do you put that treshold of "days played before being allowed to vote"? 12 days, 5 days, 2 days? I also don't think there are a lot of new players who are actively voting. Most votes are from folks who really follow the game's development and are heavily invested in it (time-wise). The casual new guy isn't interested in the Road Map, those players probably don't even know there is an official forum.

Again, this is all assuming that it is the vote count that's important which isn't if you read Matt Higby's tweets. The feedback itself in those threads is very useful, I'd say you all should still give it a shot of posting there. Your own posts with ideas might get a lot more (visible or not) approval than you think.

EDIT: only letting big outfit leaders vote/decide is asking for trouble for the smaller outfits and non-outfit players.

Last edited by SwiftRanger; 2013-02-04 at 08:48 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I prefer to limit myself to the Planetside universe forums due to the relative maturity of the community and the fact that Hamma is around to stomp on anything bad if it were to develop.

The official forums are full of irrational and often knee jerk rants about OP items and demands of nerfing which annoys me to the point of not wanting to even read it.

I think I'll stay here
Old 2013-02-04, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
SwiftRanger
Private

I know what you're talking about but the road map threads aren't as toxic as the rest of the official forum.

You don't necessarily have to hold the other posters into account, just post what you want in the specific thread and maybe the developers will notice your suggestion amidst the rubble and evil snarks.

In a sense it offers much more overview (for the developers then) than what any new thread in one of the other forum sections could hope to achieve. The only pity is that not every important subject is listed in the road map even though the developers are working on more stuff than just the road map features.

It's like SOE has posted up a restaurant menu but players can still offer advice about which sauce or drink that should go with it. And whether they like the dessert first...

Last edited by SwiftRanger; 2013-02-04 at 11:17 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Pella
Captain

I prefer to limit myself to the Planetside universe forums due to the relative maturity of the community and the fact that Hamma is around to stomp on anything bad if it were to develop.

The official forums are full of irrational and often knee jerk rants about OP items and demands of nerfing which annoys me to the point of not wanting to even read it.

I think I'll stay here
Thats why i moved from it. We need sever forums. Hamma?
Old 2013-02-04, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've thought about it.. but it's alot more forums to monitor.

Old 2013-02-04, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Pella
Captain

Im sure it wont be a problem. And it would get allot more people here.

Just pick a few servers to start with. 1 EU 1 USA, East & West. Dont worry about the Auzzies.
Old 2013-02-04, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

You need more moderators then
Old 2013-02-04, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sirisian
Colonel

Yeah I suggested before it was released that the roadmap needed a simple BR limit of 30. A limit like this makes it so that players have played the game for a while and tried the classes and certs and are familiar possibly with the other factions before they comment.

I'm hoping they can retroactively implement such a limit into the roadmap as it's currently spiraling into a lot of stupid posts. That or it needs some heavy moderation to remove things that aren't suggestions. Seeing a lot of off-topic discussion on them.

Honestly even the official forums needs it. I quickly looked at the complaint threads and they're by people with BR < 10 more often than not. It looks like they logged in and then went right to the forum. That or it needs a currently active account to discuss in the "Gameplay" discussion forum.
Old 2013-02-04, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Works better than any system I've seen before. You need to get a wide range of opinions. Often the guys with 10+ days in a game are extremely single minded. They forget the game isn't just for them.

It's not some computer taking the voting and applying changes. It's real humans who have the powers to deduce things. You have to trust them a bit more.

They need to split their time between making the game fun for all and making it fun for the ones that can see passed the errors and commit themselves to the game. You have got to have both. The roadmap allows for that better than any way I've seen.
Old 2013-02-04, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

You need more moderators then
Yea - hard part is finding mods that aren't nazi's + won't disappear.

Old 2013-02-05, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Stellarthief View Post
The best way is to simply listen to everyone, filter the ideas and then go from there. Perhaps the most time consuming and probably the most stressful. But adding weight and excluding people's ideas based on something such as play time, not being in a well known outfit, etc. is super short sighted.
It is a very time consuming and stressful approach that has a very high likely hood of failing, which is why there is the skepticism about it.

Look at the Ideas sub-forum here. Now count the number of good ideas vs the number of absolute crap ideas. Then look at how adamant some people are about their horrid ideas or their low opinions of good ideas, and imagine having to wade through that.

Said it before I'll say it again. EVERY online game is criticized by the player base for the Devs not listening to the players, but the truth is most players really don't know what is good for them, and finding the good few to listen to can be VERY hard. The idea for the road map looks like they are actually encouraging the dilution of the people who DO know, who DO care, who UNDERSTAND game balance and what would and would not make it fun.

Games have been ruined because developers listened to the wrong players and we are just worried they are making the job harder on themselves to hear from the right players.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion