Why is NC so Popular? - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It turns milk red!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #226
Sensator
Private

Re: Why is NC so Popular?

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
I got to say I disagree with the NC being the good guys/rebels. They seem like hypocrites who are just as oppressive as the TR. They want the freedom to live free based on their values yet they are the ones that declared war on the VS, because they didn't agree with theirs. That dose not scream good guy to me, but hypocrite instead. However I guess this would coincide with the American way in this day in age.
Yeah, they declared war on the VS when in the real world the VS and NC probably would have banded together to destroy the TR--and then work out some sort of split world treaty. They had to declare war on the VS though, for gameplay purposes.
Old 2012-06-16, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #227
Pepsi
Sergeant

I got to say I disagree with the NC being the good guys/rebels. They seem like hypocrites who are just as oppressive as the TR. They want the freedom to live free based on their values yet they are the ones that declared war on the VS, because they didn't agree with theirs. That dose not scream good guy to me, but hypocrite instead. However I guess this would coincide with the American way in this day in age.
What kind of boring game would this be if each side didn't have their own flaws?
Old 2012-06-16, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
Madlaps
Corporal

I had a mate who wanted to go NC as well and you see the majority of outfits advertising are NC (mostly guys who haven't played PS1). It's kinda funny.

When i asked my mate, why he wanted NC - he said he liked the rebel thing and the industrial rag-tag look.

Also the various misconceptions for other factions from kids on this forum doesn't help... such as - High ROF means you're just going to be "spraying and praying".. heh
Old 2012-06-17, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #229
archaonn
Corporal

Originally Posted by ketarakh View Post
And NC empire colors are the same as colors of flag of modern Ukraine, blue an yellow.
Unintended reference?
The Ukarinian Black Army was an anarchist guerrilla, so i dont think they where fighting for their country.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #230
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madlaps View Post
I had a mate who wanted to go NC as well and you see the majority of outfits advertising are NC (mostly guys who haven't played PS1). It's kinda funny.
Really? The recruitment forum is overwhelmed with TR outfits, NC and VS seem to be near enough even but even then VS overtake NC!
Old 2012-06-17, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #231
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by velleity View Post
Inbreeds are attracted to each other.

I was LITERALLY stunned by that photo.

For about 5 seconds my brain just rejected all other inputs to try to understand what my eyes were seeing.

It was more effective than a tazer.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #232
KILLFACE
Sergeant

They got Big Guns. Is another reason necessary?

Last edited by KILLFACE; 2012-06-17 at 11:05 AM.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #233
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

If you read through the backstory posted on www.planetside2.com, you'll find that one of the articles (the third one) reveals that the VS declared war on both sides after the NC went to war with the TR.

From the end of that one:
“Sandy,” a voice coming from behind him called his name. He turned to see Chairman Willis Scott enter the room. “Those fools did it. This planet is now at war.”

“We’re staying neutral, sir. Aren’t we?” Sandy asked.

Scott shook his head. “We’re not siding with either of them, if that’s what you mean. But we also can’t stay on the side any longer. To save the world that Vanu once ruled, in order for humanity to reach its full potential, we must take up arms and destroy them both. We must eradicate all that stands against us. Today we have declared our Sovereignty, a Vanu Sovereignty. Only one force can live on Auraxis, and it must be us.”
Also, on the subject of the NC having corporate leaders, from the first lore post, from a TR perspective:
The New Conglomerate were originally from three very different groups who came together for their mutual benefit. First and foremost there were the businessmen. They may not have been the highest of the muckety-mucks, but they ran the most powerful companies back on Earth and the Terran colonies and were sent to establish a foothold on the other side of the universe to exponentially increase company profits. They were the VPs and managers of the original conglomerates and now they were going to control the new businesses. Of course, Jones realized the bosses weren’t expecting to do any of the hard labor by themselves, so they brought along the civilian workforce, men and women paid to join the mission to build the new cities, factories and more. Once done they would return to Earth to collect their creds. Finally, because the businessmen never went anywhere without protection, they brought along the third group that made up the N.C.’s: the highly paid and highly dangerous mercenaries.

Last edited by Trafalgar; 2012-06-17 at 12:43 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #234
SergeantNubins
Corporal

I think the colour scheme of the TR is a big draw to that faction. Black and red does look pretty cool, dangerous, it's what you expect of a military force. When i read about the original planetside I saw the colour schemes and the fact they had a minigun and thought i would play TR. When the game launched, the TR pop was huge on Werner, so I went NC instead and never looked back. So a lot of the people who never played PS, who are following this now, may answer the polls and put their details down, but it when it comes to launch day a very large number of people are going to decide to go with the lower population faction, whatever it happens to be.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #235
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

ummm Basti?
Old 2012-06-17, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #236
ketarakh
Private

Originally Posted by archaonn View Post
The Ukarinian Black Army was an anarchist guerrilla, so i dont think they where fighting for their country.
Yes they were. But colors similarity still remains.
Though I agree with you generally, NC and Makhnovtsi look ideologicaly alike. They both fight not for but against. Against authorities.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I Would be Purple even if i were the Last Man Standing ! :P
Old 2012-06-17, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #238
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SergeantNubins View Post
Black and red ... it's what you expect of a military force.
Not sure if trolling or just has no understanding of warfare.
Old 2012-06-17, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #239
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
ummm Basti?
here you go another tread i told you dude avoid the tread you dont like ! how old are you ?
Old 2012-06-17, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
here you go another tread i told you dude avoid the tread you dont like ! how old are you ?
But i actually agree with him.

This thread has done what it intended to do: Derail.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion