Why is NC so Popular? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where no fan has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-06, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
velleity
Corporal

Re: Why is NC so Popular?

alpha strike
Old 2012-06-06, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Pepsi
Sergeant

Yeah, blue/yellow carry a very positive connotation (birthday?), and hearing that the NC "dish out/take the most damage" is pretty hard to pass up. Taking advantage of the TR's speed and ROF or the VS maneuverability requires skills somewhat above the amateur level. The majority crowd just wants large shells that go boom boom boom.

Plus, good guys rebelling against a dominant empire is a pretty common theme in American movie culture.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
In every poll and even in game it's always close to equal.
Eh. I remember checking population polls for SWTOR prior to launch and things were usually pretty even with a slight advantage to the Empire faction. Come launch the Empire vastly outnumbered the Republic on just about every server. To the point where server PvP, battleground and world-pvp, were utterly broken.

Like someone else said we can't really know until we get into the game. Heck the overall populations for PS1 over its life-span are probably better indicators then any poll.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

All of a sudden we are discounting the past 10 years of population counts?

Empire counts have always been VERY close to equal all this time. I see no reason for that changing.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-06, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

All of a sudden we are discounting the past 10 years of population counts?

Empire counts have always been VERY close to equal all this time. I see no reason for that changing.
On Emerald, the VS was ALWAYS underpopulated. Most nights prime time would start out pretty even between NC/TR, both with a small pop advantage over the VS. Then as teh night progressed whoever was winning more between the NC and TR would go up to 40%+, while teh VS would stay sub 30%
Old 2012-06-06, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

TR have always been the gimped faction (more so on Emerald as Markov's participation in E3 2005 showed), but with the decreased weapon arcs and increased homogenousness of weapon types have shown, I expect it to even out.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

I think that the VS being underpopulated actually kinda fits lorewise haha
Old 2012-06-06, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
On Emerald, the VS was ALWAYS underpopulated. Most nights prime time would start out pretty even between NC/TR, both with a small pop advantage over the VS. Then as teh night progressed whoever was winning more between the NC and TR would go up to 40%+, while teh VS would stay sub 30%
on Markov the VS pop % would be in low 20's,the only time the VS had any pop was during the lasher 2.0 period
Old 2012-06-06, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
Y hearing that the NC "dish out/take the most damage" is pretty hard to pass up. Taking advantage of the TR's speed and ROF or the VS maneuverability requires skills somewhat above the amateur level. The majority crowd just wants large shells that go boom boom boom.

this right there I agree

most newer players hear that and immediately want what they think is gonna be the faction with the guns that drop people the most.. or air and tanks that kill everything the easiest.. so NC will always be a popular choice.

but as hamma says it's usually always close to even.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
NCLynx
Major

Opinions.

And according to almost every public poll taken and the "world map" on the facebook app, TR are the most populated. They always have been and likely always will be.

EDIT: As per my experience on Emerald up until now. Can't speak for Markov or Werner back in the day though.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Going by lore the TR should always be most populated, since they are fighting two rebellions.
Would that not also be true for both the VS and the NC? VS are trying to either eradicate or absorb the other two factions whereas the NC are fighting against the "opression" of the TR and fighting the VS to remain separate from them as well? Something along those lines.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Fedr
Private

I like NC and TR alot, NC mainly because I like the industrial look of the equipment, being a fan of the Red Faction series. It is a nice rugged style. But I like that the TR are professional military.

Enclave Infantry
Old 2012-06-06, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
KnightHawk ECID
Corporal

Okay kinda off topic but what are the weapon differences?

Nc = Most damage, Lowest ROF, Best acc., Lowest Mag.

Tr = Least damage, Highest ROF, Worst acc., Biggest Mag.

VS = Med. Damage, Med. ROF, Good Acc, Medium Mag.

Or how is it?
Old 2012-06-06, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Gonzo
Private

I think that seems to be a reasonable generalization. VS of course, have the added twist of using energy weapons, which gives a slight twist to their "middle-ground" stats.

Not 100% sure though.

On Topic:
NC may have some bias because a lot of the early footage came from NC players. And, personally, the visual style does appeal to me. NC stuff looks meaty and rough, like it means business.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
The Kush
Captain

Yes TR has been the most popular in the past
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion