Subscription, One time payment, or both? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with a Fan Fiction board!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which?
One time payment 41 25.15%
Subscription 60 36.81%
Neither 19 11.66%
Both 35 21.47%
Other 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-22, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Pollo Jack
Corporal

Re: Subscription, One time payment, or both?

Originally Posted by artifice View Post
My experience with EQ1 and EQ2 says otherwise. The only way to get by the maximum platinum restriction is via a monthly fee.

Well, with EQ2, you lose access to all your Legendary items if you quit paying a monthly fee.
Alright, so why is it better to hit the max restriction only by monthly fee and why is it good to lose your items if you don't pay?

The poll wasn't asking what they might do but what do we want.
Old 2012-04-22, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
artifice
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pollo Jack View Post
Alright, so why is it better to hit the max restriction only by monthly fee and why is it good to lose your items if you don't pay?

The poll wasn't asking what they might do but what do we want.
Who said it was better or good?

If you are asking for a monthly fee, you are asking SOE to implement crap like their tiered system they put in EQ1 and EQ2. It's that simple. Never underestimate SOE's ability to screw over their player base.

Last edited by artifice; 2012-04-22 at 08:43 PM.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Artifice you still do not get the idea I think. SOE isn't going to be doing a tiered system like in the EQ games where sub is first and F2P is last. In PS2 F2P is going to be first and the sub is secondary. Have you not seen posts by various devs here saying they still have no idea what the sub will do? That shows you right there that this game is going to be strictly F2P with a monthly sub with a few perks that people so desperately want.
Old 2012-04-23, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pollo Jack View Post

And Novaid, itsn't that a bit much on things to pay for?

Not for uniqueness -

I think emblems are fine and all, but paying for a new one every time. Tossing in custom made logos with logos that no one else can use it a little hard to enforce. What is to keep someone from changing a color, adding a few pixels, or putting another empires initials on top?

Images are intelectual property, so are company logos, If an image is not public domain, then it is unlawful for someone to use it. And My images would be very uniquie. Thats the point. That is customization.

I'm sure that SOE can do something like eve - online and make a standard customized logo element that can be chosen for different corps. But alliances in eve have one of the kind logos.

I would also suggest straying from pay to organize. Teamwork is a much larger advantage than anything else in a game like Planet Side.
Team work in this game is the reason I play Planetside. But i like organized game play by Outift, not just a bunch of people who get together for a one time battle.

But I would gladly support SOE with money, a fee to get additional tools that would make it easier for me as a OL to reward my outfit members, recongnize them amonst their peers, and Organize them in a way that the Military does it. thats what I'm willing to pay for if SOE does not put it into the F2P format.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-06-11, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Mister Morden
Private

i would like a one time payment because if it is complete f2p there will be too many idiots (would be ok as cannon fodder but with team dmg really annoying).
Old 2012-06-11, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
mynameismud
Corporal

a one time payment option or a yearly payment option helps me out with my irresponsible budget life style at the moment, but ill try to my best to make due either way.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Jikkan
Private

Why should there be anything more than the traditional F2P microtransaction model?

You are essentially arguing in favor of placing restrictions upon yourself and paying to remove them.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Ironside
Corporal

subs depending what it offers
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion