Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote is under construction.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-16, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
stargazer093
Sergeant

Smile Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat

so basically, a Vet(presumably a high statue member of a big outfit) appeared at the day of the event, then threw the following at Higby:

"YOU(Higby) WILL NOT INTERRUPT ME BEFORE I FINISH STATING MY POINTS. IN SHORT, I`LL TELL YOU THAT, THIS GAME(PS2) DOES NOT HAVE A POTENTIAL OF LONG TERM PLAYING!"

"THERE IS NO OTHER PURPOSE IN THIS GAME THAN KILL KILL AND KILL, WHICH ISN`T MORE THAN COUNTER-FU**ING-STRIKE TEN YEARS AGO"

"COUNTER-STRIKE IS SIMPLE AND USER-FRIENDLY TO THE POINT THAT EVEN A RETARDED MONKEY COULD POP-IN AND HAVING FUN, PLANETSIDE 2 IS NEITHER USER-FRIENDLY (lack of tutorial), NOR HAS A BIGGER LONG-TERM GOAL(a "good" feeling of accomplishment), MOREOVER YOU NEED A 1000$ (6000¥) COMPUTER FOR BEING ABLE TO PLAY IT, JUST IN ORDER TO HAVE A SAME AMOUNT OF FUN OF PLAYING COUNTER-STRIKE. Dafaq? REALLY, DAFAQ?!"

-------------------
then, there`s been a "friendly" chat between this guy and PS2`s developer team. During the chat, they`ve been able to pull-out some minor infos:

-Higby does have realized that some people only do backhacking and never go to frontline, and also most of the people dislike defense so when attacking, the base is normally empty. They are making some sort of LATTICE system, some sort of SANCTUARY will be there at future. However, it is a bit unrealistic to change the whole base layout at this stage of the game, but they will do minor change to the detail environment.

-The squad/platoon mechanism will change soon, attack/defense mechanism will also change but later, defense will be tying up with mission system somehow, defending faction must accomplished some type of mission in order to gain specific amount of exp, there may be "official" mission system, such as " Mission A: Battle of the Zurvan amp station".
------
-Afterward from this guy: Matt isn`t as mean as I thought earlier, he looks young but not arrogant at all. He does listen to what other says. Mission system sure does sound like a great thing, fix current problems without change too much core stuffs...

-TR and NC people under the stage were not less rager than him, a constant of "YEAH!" "TRUE!" "YOU`VE RUINED PS!" can be heard all long, VS people however, are the most calm

to those who can read chinese, here`s the original link
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2050146818

Last edited by stargazer093; 2012-12-16 at 08:56 PM.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
stargazer093
Sergeant

Re: Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Big outfit I remember in China is PLA Planetside Lovers Alliance.
I wonder if that vet was from that outfit.
nah, apparently his from Red Thunder(RT)
Old 2012-12-16, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

I translated that page in Chrome

hilarity ensued

"The landlord you how to lose my sofa!"

Last edited by SturmovikDrakon; 2012-12-16 at 09:06 PM.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

Heh wow.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
The Messenger
Corporal

Originally Posted by stargazer093 View Post
-TR and NC people under the stage were not less rager than him, a constant of "YEAH!" "TRUE!" "YOU`VE RUINED PS!" can be heard all long, VS people however, are the most calm
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2050146818
I remember a time in beta when VS were always whining second to TR; NC never complained.

Someone on each faction is always going to have something to complain about. IMO, quite a great deal of the game is balanced but there are a lot of things that seriously make the programmers look like they have no common sense. I currently attribute this to oversite and bugs/glitches that have yet to be addressed but I'm seriously losing faith in them.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by stargazer093 View Post
-Afterward from this guy: Matt isn`t as mean as I thought earlier, he looks young but not arrogant at all. He does listen to what other says.
Figured that ages ago at GamesCom.

Matt often appears like he is an arrogant prick, but he really is a nice guy. Its easy to misunderstand him.

Anyway, stuff: Give the devs a break already. They are currently enjoying vacation, well a good chunk of them at least. Lets wait with ranting till the new year arrives.

That sanctuary bit tho sounds good, and was needed. With the upcoming 3 continents and the global lattience, you need a place for people to go when their home continent is under attack. Imagine your faction having a poplock on your home continent, and another poplock somewhere else (lets say Searhus). If those on searhus get kicked out of Searhus, you have an entire poplock of people with no place to go.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Jesus H. Christ. The Chinese vets are screaming at the top of their lungs about the same thing a lot of us have, and for the same reasons -- wanting mechanisms from the old game included not because we're a bunch of atavistic old farts, but because they *work* and what we've got doesn't. Maybe now we can get some movement.

('Some kind' of a lattice system? That staggers me, after all of the NOPE NOPE NOPE we've heard on the topic for six months. How come our Chinabros are privvy to this sort of thing and we aren't?)

I feel really sorry for Matt, though. He's never struck me as arrogant at all.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-12-16 at 09:25 PM.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

What does the squad system have to do with any of this?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-12-16, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Lattice? I didn't order any lattice on my sandwich. I thought we were not doing a lattice system? To me, it *seem* a lattice system as we had, gives us less choices on what the next facility is to hack... what's the pros or cons on the old lattice system?

Also, Engrish is funny.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

From the google translation of the original link:

"Brother scared urine Latin American relations with them immediately."

I have NO clue what that was supposed to say, but, LOL.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Why so sweaty around the midsection?
Old 2012-12-16, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
Why so sweaty around the midsection?
That isn't sweat. It's Higby's body secreting excess adrenaline.
Old 2012-12-16, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Beerbeer
Major

I'm sure this foretells of a coming asiatic server, and even though I really hate the warping caused by asian players, I'm afraid Connery might be a ghost town if they all decided to leave. I need players to farm in my tank.

Ironic how MMO "farming" has come full circle.
Old 2012-12-17, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Cant say I've ever felt that Higby gave the impression of being an arrogant prick.
Passionate for the game maybe.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-12-17, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Wow, talk about lost in translation. I think I know the player they're quoting, but my translator just said something like "they want to know if there will be more to do than just attacking/killing" which I'm not sure got the full point across! I talked a bit about how the Mission System is designed to help player coordination and will help out a lot with coordinating defenses and strategy.

Just for the record, if lattice or sanctuaries were brought up it wasn't by me. I did talk about how a true intercontinental conquest via connected warpgates would come once we had the right number of continents to support it, as well as that a more robust tutorial and training area akin to the PS1 VR training was in the works. To be clear, there are no plans to add a PS1 style "lattice" system or sanctuaries to the game.

Nothing I talked about out here at DiGiChina should be a surprise or news to anyone who has been paying attention to what we've been talking about at recent events like SOE Live, etc.

edit: oh, and it was about 100 degrees in that tiny room, packed to the gills, so thats why I was sweating my ass off! =D

Last edited by Higby; 2012-12-17 at 12:31 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion