Gun Control - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i have a KNIFE !?!?!?!?!?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-29, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Gun Control

Originally Posted by RawketLawnchair View Post
Yet police officers and men in pubs get stabbed all the time.
All over the world.

Hey everyone, lets ban letter openers.
Tell me next time someone stabs 70 people of which almost 20% dies and you earn the right to be sarcastic.
Old 2012-07-29, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Tell me next time someone stabs 70 people of which almost 20% dies and you earn the right to be sarcastic.
Who gave you the right to deny me sarcasm?
Swords were brought up, and that is what I commented on.
I personally think people are taking this tragedy way too seriously.

A tragedy it may be, but to be quite honest, being quick to blame and point the finger gets you nowhere. People kill people, and there isn't a damn thing you and I, and especially gun control (edit: is not the same as limitations and sales recording) are gonna do about it. There are people with high grade licenses who would never murder a person in cold blood, including myself.

Look up some murder cases. It isn't like this has never happened before.
The only real problem in this case is the fact that there aren't enough limitations attached to firearms in that portion of the country as far as internet sales go and registration of those weapons bought. One other thing is amount of ammunition owned. None of it is recorded by the state and he knew it.

Another edit: The military grade armor he had isn't even legal in most states, and the states it is legal in its stupidly hard to get it. That should have sounded the alarms right there. But it didn't because the sales of such things in his state aren't recorded so no one but the bank knew he had it.

To me gun control is not the same thing as proper gun regulation.

Last edited by RawketLawnchair; 2012-07-29 at 08:56 PM.
Old 2012-07-29, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

He would have built a bomb if guns weren't available.

Old 2012-07-29, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

If anything u should be able to own- a hunting rifle, and a pistol. but only in the countryside.
Old 2012-07-29, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by XxAxMayxX View Post
If anything u should be able to own- a hunting rifle, and a pistol. but only in the countryside.
Dictatorial regimes only oppress people and commit genocide out in rural areas? Damn, if only the **** had known that.
Old 2012-07-30, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
therandomone
Sergeant

I think instead of just filing for a FOID card and a background check, you should also have to be mentally evaluated aka see a "shrink" before you can buy a gun. That would hopefully cut down on the crazies getting guns.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Right then, let's start deregulating nuclear bomb acquisition. I'm sure only the responsibles will get one.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
Yasuo
Private

To everyone who keeps posting videos of people shooting robbers:
There's a big difference between someone who is carrying a gun and robbing a place and someone who Wants to kill someone, the individual who wants to kill would have shot the old man then the cashier, shot the young fellow with a gun then X other people, these robbers didnt actually Want to kill anyone, they just wanted to scare people.

Where do I stand on gun control personally? I believe some magazines and ammo shouldnt be allowed in the hands of civilians period, I also believe other guns should be more closely regulated and sold to noticeably less citizens, i've grown up around guns, used many guns and I by no means hate guns, but I to this day do not see why joe, I could never pass an advanced weapons handling class needs that ak74 or that FN F2000.

As far as our "constitutional rights" to own guns goes, technically we are already barred, we have the right to "Bare arms" technically this expands to all weapons, we have the right to own everything from a handgun to a Metal Storm system, its defined as a gun afterall, but should we legally be allowed to own a Metal Storm or electrically powered guns in general?

Last edited by Yasuo; 2012-07-30 at 10:04 AM.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
First - Are you from Canada, Europe, or any other third world shit hole? If so shut the fuck up because you will never have any influence over our domestic rights which are granted by the U.S. Constitution.
We don't care what you want.

Also, go back rummaging through garbage in your own Third World shithole you filthy peasant.

No, he wouldn't have. The demands of building a bomb and using that bomb effectively in a crowded theatre without killing yourself in the process are pretty different from going to a store and legally buying some guns and then shooting people.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-07-30 at 08:27 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post

No, he wouldn't have. The demands of building a bomb and using that bomb effectively in a crowded theatre without killing yourself in the process are pretty different from going to a store and legally buying some guns and then shooting people.
You know he booby trapped his apartment with bombs....and only because of a couple of things they didnt go off.

First. He left the music blaring in his apartment when he left, so as to create a distraction across town that would have entailed everybody being called to....but his neighbors didnt call to complain. If they had, and the cops had opened that door, they would have been potentially blown in half.

When he was arrested outside the theatre, he told the cops he had trapped his apartment.

Bombs were a part of his plan.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Right then, let's start deregulating nuclear bomb acquisition. I'm sure only the responsibles will get one.
You really like scarecrows don't you.

Old 2012-07-30, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Figment
Lieutenant General

You really like scarecrows don't you.
Considering the opposite is constantly being done too, where knives are continuously being posed as as lethal as guns by people ignorant to statistics and the workings of knives (fyi, they stab at melee range and aren't as deadly), OR, when people say "they would just use bombs", I don't see why I shouldn't point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of the line of argumentation.

As long as there's one person here who argues removing guns just creates the same crime in the form of knives or bombs, you can expect the same line of exagerative and non-evidence supported nonsense returned.

As long as you don't see the hypocrisy of anyone going "meh they'd use knives" or "meh they'd use bombs" to excuse "meh they might as well use guns", then I'll continue to use the "meh, any weapon is a weapon anyway" line of reasoning right back at you.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-30, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:25 AM.
Old 2012-07-30, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Figment
Lieutenant General

Yay for bribing politicians!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-30, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:24 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum