SimCity - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You had me at Planetside.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-12, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info
SimCity

So they're coming out with a new SimCity game. I suppose they consider it a reboot because it's not SimCity 5 like most people thought it would be.

I always LOVED the SimCity games, except for Societies.

Who else can't wait for the new SimCity?

I just hope it's not too simplified like societies was.

http://www.simcity.com

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-03-12, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: SimCity

MEMEME!

love those games, and this one seems so cool just from the little info I found about it.
I know there are a few other city builder games around now Cities XL, anno2070 come to mind, but I don't want to spend money on them just to see if it is like the old SimCity series (1-4).

I never even bought societies, because it is just an extension to the sims basically. I hope this game has nothing to do with the Sims series, i hate The Sims!! I just want to capture the city planner/mayor aspect. and after I get bored, unleash the chaotic evil mayor that I think is inside all SimCity fans ever since we could call in disasters.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-12, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

I'm pretty excited, actually - it's the game SimCity 3000 was supposed to be!
Old 2012-03-12, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Wait what? So I'm not the only PS player that actually liked SimCity? I'm shocked...

The game is awesome if you have some freetime in your office and your display is pointed at the opposite direction of your boss's.

I remember in SC2000 when I built a city, I saved it and started mad destruction fests...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-12, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Crator
Major General

Wow, it looks great! I'm more prone to the Caesar series/Children of the Nile city builders but this does look great.
Old 2012-03-12, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Always like the Simcity games

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Knocky
Major

Images not representative of actual gameplay.

Since the EA scum made those words small....I shall make them large!

And while once upon a time I would have wanted to buy it ( I have SimCity4 ) I have refused to buy a single EA product since 2008. Which will mean I will miss out on the next Command & Conquer game as well. Their stance on SecuRom drove me over the edge when they said that the Sims 2 CD in my computer was not a Sims 2 CD and that I had pirated it. EA/Sims customer service was non-existant so I am doing all I can....buy not buying their game and telling everyone whenever a thread like this pops up to reconsider helping the DRM supporters from continuing to take over the industry.

REAL pirates have no problem bypassing every single anti-pirate measure they take. Real PEOPLE are left trying to figure out why we get error messages telling us to insert a VALID CD. The ONLY game that should require online service are those that are PLAYED online.

/Rant over.
Old 2012-03-13, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Images not representative of actual gameplay.

Since the EA scum made those words small....I shall make them large!

And while once upon a time I would have wanted to buy it ( I have SimCity4 ) I have refused to buy a single EA product since 2008. Which will mean I will miss out on the next Command & Conquer game as well. Their stance on SecuRom drove me over the edge when they said that the Sims 2 CD in my computer was not a Sims 2 CD and that I had pirated it. EA/Sims customer service was non-existant so I am doing all I can....buy not buying their game and telling everyone whenever a thread like this pops up to reconsider helping the DRM supporters from continuing to take over the industry.

REAL pirates have no problem bypassing every single anti-pirate measure they take. Real PEOPLE are left trying to figure out why we get error messages telling us to insert a VALID CD. The ONLY game that should require online service are those that are PLAYED online.

/Rant over.
yea kinda figured it was a cinimatic, but for me a new, REAL, SimCity game is good news.

I hate games that make you insert a CD/DVD to play. and hate DRM.
best I can do is use a stupid Steam/Origin service so my game is there on all my PC's and so I can download it anytime. but I have to be online to use it, and I hate using those services...

but really, there is nothing we can do. for every 1 person that passes over a game because of DRM there are thousands of people buying it. hell the young gamers do not know any difference, and probably don't know of a time when there was none.

THE WORST thing is when you can go to a store and buy a game, sure...
BUT when you get home and put the disk in to install it YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME ANYWAY Because it uses STEAM. Thanks for the blank DVD! /glares menacingly at Skyrim

One really nice site out there that sells DRM free games is http://www.gog.com/
most of the games are old (not a bad thing! sometimes this is the only place to find classics like Total Annihilation) but there is some very new games like The Witcher 1 and 2. and lots of the games come with a ton of extra stuff like soundtracks, maps, guides, etc...
Old 2012-03-13, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

SimCity was boss!

And I sucked hard at it :-) No head for city planning me..

Old 2012-03-13, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

I really can't wait for this.
Almost as much as PS2, but not quite

What they're doing with the GlassBox engine sounds absolutely amazing.

Have a read here if you haven't heard exactly what they want to do:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/08/si...assbox-engine/

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-13, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Wait what? So I'm not the only PS player that actually liked SimCity? I'm shocked...

The game is awesome if you have some freetime in your office and your display is pointed at the opposite direction of your boss's.

I remember in SC2000 when I built a city, I saved it and started mad destruction fests...
I've been around the industry for a while now, and there are only a few games that I will play after I've finished them. There's something about working on a title for 2+ years that just gets you completely sick of it.

Tetris, SimCity (2k and 3k), and now Planetside 2. There's a feeling you get after a year or so where you just know you'll be sick of it. I don't get that feeling here. My friends still at Maxis are doing a great job!

Old 2012-03-13, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

+

=

Pure awesomeness of the old days.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

I've been playing SimCity 4 lately to reinvigorate my love of that series.

SimCity was one of my first games I've ever played. I skipped 2000 as I didn't really have a PC good enough to run it at the time and I played the hell out of SimCity 3000. I think the atmosphere in SimCity 3000 stood out to me the most. The music was so damn fitting.

I bought SimCity 4 recently on Steam and have been playing it a bit. I like it quite a bit. It basically takes everything SimCity 3000 did and improves upon it while giving us some new features. Exactly what a great sequel should do.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

In games like this I have a habit of starting a game, playing for an hour or two, saving it and then starting a new one next time. I think I've got more than 2 dozen saved games in Civ V now that aren't past the industrial age. The beginning is the best part anyway

Did anyone else play SimAnt as a kid? Was it just me or would squares that the AI controlled always do better than the square you were in?
Old 2012-03-13, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Atuday
Master Sergeant

OMG I LOVED SIM COPTER! Also sim city is ok. I just did not like how I had to go with the buildings in their games instead of being able to design my more efficient buildings.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion