*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nothing stops us from dancin'
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-13, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #226
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

They have 2 pool of people: the "first access" pool, which includes those with Beta keys (however they got them), PS1 vets, and First Platoon participants; the second pool is everyone else who signed up on the site.

They will extinguish the first pool before moving on to the second one. How do they select within each pool? I dunno. Probably - every 10th e-mail from their database list. Or maybe, waves of 100 people, in order of appearance in their database. Or maybe they'll go so far as to actually make a pseudo-random-name-picking algorithm.

Basically, being in that priority pool means you'll be in the closed beta (I mean, otherwise, why would you need a key in open beta or after launch?). Otherwise, hang tight, and you'll get to play it sooner rather than later - in open beta, or otherwise. It's a free game.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-06-13, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #227
typhaon
Sergeant Major

I heard they were monitoring various forums and Twitter, moving people that seemed most worked up about the Beta.... to the back of the line!

That's just what I heard.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
BloodRedSkyes
Private

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
I heard they were monitoring various forums and Twitter, moving people that seemed most worked up about the Beta.... to the back of the line!

That's just what I heard.
Please take no offence, but that would be impossible with 100 tweets a minute comming in, even a program have a hard time keeping up with that!
Old 2012-06-13, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BloodRedSkyes View Post
Please take no offence, but that would be impossible with 100 tweets a minute comming in, even a program have a hard time keeping up with that!
Wow that's true! Yeah Typhaon! You are lying that is definitely not true, we have empirical data that shows that your statement is false and you are lying on the forums, how dare you?! I believe he should take offense now that we uncovered his extremely clever ruse to obviously spread false rumors.

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-06-13 at 02:37 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
BloodRedSkyes
Private

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
Wow that's true! Yeah Typhaon! You are lying that is definitely not true, we have empirical data that shows that your statement is false and you are lying on the forums, how dare you?! I believe he should take offense now that we uncovered his extremely clever ruse to obviously spread false rumors.
Orbital offense incomming...

On the other hand, i have no idea how the keys work now, there is talk about pools and priority everywere. Facts pointing against eachother etcetera is confusing me D:

Last edited by BloodRedSkyes; 2012-06-13 at 02:43 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #231
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by wraithverge View Post
Just thinking about how I would send out the beta keys to those not specifically invited to the beta. %50 vet, based on time spent subscribed, %50 random from everyone not chosen already and in the first tier access (vets, beta keys, etc.)

Do you think there will be a method to the madness or it will just be completely random?
Should be 90/10 imo.
Old 2012-06-13, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by DerFurst View Post
Maggie a couple pages back said that PS1 vets and E3/Twitter/FB key recipients were in the same pool. I'm gonna take her word on this one.
Better check your source cause your wrong
Old 2012-06-13, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #233
DerFurst
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Better check your source cause your wrong
Go back and check page 11. Format your sentences correctly and try a less insolent tone, then reply. I only said I was going to believe that one post out of the downpour of conflicting information we get. If you want to prove me wrong with absolute, undisputable proof, go right ahead. The entire PSU community will thank you for it.
Old 2012-06-13, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #234
The Kush
Captain

Go back and check page 11. Format your sentences correctly and try a less insolent tone, then reply. I only said I was going to believe that one post out of the downpour of conflicting information we get. If you want to prove me wrong with absolute, undisputable proof, go right ahead. The entire PSU community will thank you for it.
Read the first page, or the page before this where Hamma tells you that you are wrong. The most reliable source (on the first page which you clearly haven't read) states that "vets will be the first people let into beta".

And for future reference please read the topic before posting.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #235
DerFurst
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Read the first page, or the page before this where Hamma tells you that you are wrong. The most reliable source (on the first page which you clearly haven't read) states that "vets will be the first people let into beta".

And for future reference please read the topic before posting.
You're starting an argument with me by white knighting a guy who doesn't even care about you. Not just that, but you're ignoring the purpose of my posts to take them out of context. You can't even bring yourself to politely format your replies so they don't look like blatant trolling attempts.

Hamma, just like everyone else on this forum, cannot possibly be correct on absolutely everything. The developers change their mind on what was supposed to be set in stone fact every two minutes, make fragmented tweets that can easily be misinterpreted, and leave us in the dark without any official confirmations. How do you expect one man to be correct about something even he can only speculate about? In the end, all of us are speculating. Blame SOE for never giving big official explanations about what they're doing.

You need to understand something. I wouldn't disrespect someone who does so much for us, but I can certainly disagree with what he says. Thomas Paine, one of the US' revolutionary fathers himself preached that it's the duty of the citizen to question the government. Your opinion has no more weight than anyone else's. In other words, you're in no position to tell me what is right or wrong. Hamma already gave me his opinion about my post. If you think your opinion is so important that it supersedes his own, I'm sure he'll be glad to take a break from running the entire PS community.

Hamma is thankfully here to give us the general idea of what's going on. Until SOE makes their grand statement, no one will ever know for certain. Before you take another shot at me, understand something. You contribute nothing to this forum by making ad-hominem attacks to boost your e-peen.

Last edited by DerFurst; 2012-06-13 at 07:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #236
Zar
Sergeant

You're starting an argument with me by white knighting a guy who doesn't even care about you. Not just that, but you're ignoring the purpose of my posts to take them out of context. You can't even bring yourself to politely format your replies so they don't look like blatant trolling attempts.

Hamma, just like everyone else on this forum, cannot possibly be correct on absolutely everything. The developers change their mind on what was supposed to be set in stone fact every two minutes, make fragmented tweets that can easily be misinterpreted, and leave us in the dark without any official confirmations. How do you expect one man to be correct about something even he can only speculate about? In the end, all of us are speculating. Blame SOE for never giving big official explanations about what they're doing.

You need to understand something. I wouldn't disrespect someone who does so much for us, but I can certainly disagree with what he says. Thomas Paine, one of the US' revolutionary fathers himself preached that it's the duty of the citizen to question the government. Your opinion has no more weight than anyone else's. In other words, you're in no position to tell me what is right or wrong. Hamma already gave me his opinion about my post. If you think your opinion is so important that it supersedes his own, I'm sure he'll be glad to take a break from running the entire PS community.

Hamma is thankfully here to give us the general idea of what's going on. Until SOE makes their grand statement, no one will ever know for certain. Before you take another shot at me, understand something. You contribute nothing to this forum by making ad-hominem attacks to boost your e-peen.
>.> <.< if you guys duke it out can i be your agent and sell tickets?
Old 2012-06-13, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
Zenkiki
Private

Hey guys! Just gonna pop in here and let you all know that I got my hands on two beta keys by sending some PS2 art I did to some of their twitter peeps, and since I'm a PS1 Vet; I've decided to give them away! The giveaway ends on Saturday, so hurry up!

You can find more information, and the rules to the giveaway in this video:

Also, it would be much appreciated if you take a moment to check out our other videos, here:

www.youtube.com/OSWguild

Thanks!
-Zen
Old 2012-06-13, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #238
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow that other PS2 beta related thread disappeared quickly.
Lets just say they are aware of it and they are on top of it.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2012-06-13 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #239
alphalegend
Private

the moment people start fighting about who knows how priority access in a beta will be handled is the moment everyone needs to turn down the nerdage a bit, even for a game such as PS2

Last edited by alphalegend; 2012-06-13 at 10:13 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #240
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Tony Park says in about a week, there will be a big announcement.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=t.qq.com%2Ftonypar k

Yesterday TP stated:

like a lot of people is not too much trust is a big thing, in fact, not only is a big thing, and will slowly release a series of big things, all you really care about. Please look forward to it.
Today he just added something interesting to beginning of that statement:
Many people can not wait, that about a week, there will be.
For those who don't know who Tony Park is, he is the VP at The9. The9 is the Chinese publisher of Planetside 2. He's been pretty hit and miss with the information released, but he has had credible posts in the past: revealing that official name of Planetside 2 with screenshots of a meeting last spring.

Once Again, I'll let you decide what this means.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion