6AM PST Hotfix Tomorrow FEB08 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with forcasts for Searhus!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-08, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: 6AM PST Hotfix Tomorrow FEB08

AA seems perfect to me.I know our good pilots don't appear to be badly effected and i can buzz around just fine i only die if i over extend or stick around near AA imo thats perfect. I'm a terrible pilot.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-02-08, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

The LOCK bug is annoying and the AA balance right now is "ok" but still favours everyone else but the ESF pilot, which I can live with, but....

Adding more AA ? really ?? This game needs more AA ?

Seriously I am getting tired of this shit
Old 2013-02-08, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

AA in my Sundy, cool i will buy one Turrent
Old 2013-02-08, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

As aa builds on the ground there needs to be corresponding changes to air power to overcome those ground based assets. Air really needs more tools to help beat aa. If the devs would get volumetric clouds in the game like they said they would it might help air a lot without having to add more powerful weapons.
Old 2013-02-08, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I have a hard time feeling sorry for ESFs. At least a lock on gives you warning and time to bug out... unlike any time an ESF is attacking you.

Old 2013-02-08, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I have a hard time feeling sorry for ESFs. At least a lock on gives you warning and time to bug out... unlike any time an ESF is attacking you.
No shit. I pulled one tank the other day and I got to drive it all of 30 seconds before some random stray esf with lollipods nuked me.
Old 2013-02-08, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
WUNDERBAR
Private

Originally Posted by Cajual View Post
As if they needed to make anti air any stronger, its silly enough a no skill br1 use annihilators to counter a decked out tank/lib so effectively... lock on missiles are too strong as it is without the lockon indicator.. we dont know how many / where they're from... its silly when you're getting MAGIC MISSILES from out of render raping your tank/lib.. this is so silly SoE, just make a damn infantry only continent..

Oh and about time they fix medpacks.
nah it takes like what 6 annihilator rockets (if not more) to down a lib. 3 to kill an ESF. the no lock on warning bug sucks. but its gonna get fixed right now. I also hate the idea of lock on fire and forget missiles and that they're actually a part of the game. but you can't just take it away now. i agree at the rendering part. still a huge issue which needs to be sorted asap.
Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
I really, really disagree with making sunderers capable of equipping anti-air. It could potentially take the ubiquity, mobility, and durability of the sunderer and turn it into a permanent no-fly zone wherever there happens to be sunderers (read: everywhere). It also makes Skyguards virtually obsolete.

I also think prioritizing this release over fixing the lock-on bug (which is gamebreaking for ESFs) was a huge misstep. It adds even more variables to the air-ground relationship, which was in desperate need of tuning already. Was pretty satisfied with SOE's direction up til now.
have you actually tried the walker/ ranger? they're pretty meh if you ask me. double ranger could be very effective though since it could basically act like one burster MAX. however, if you choose to go the anti-air route with your sundy, you're pretty much helpless vs. infantry and armor. and only one anti-air weapon on a sundy simply just doesn't cut it. also sundies render from reasonable distances which means plenty of time to choose whether to engage it or not

Last edited by WUNDERBAR; 2013-02-08 at 08:25 AM.
Old 2013-02-09, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by WUNDERBAR View Post
have you actually tried the walker/ ranger? they're pretty meh if you ask me. double ranger could be very effective though since it could basically act like one burster MAX. however, if you choose to go the anti-air route with your sundy, you're pretty much helpless vs. infantry and armor. and only one anti-air weapon on a sundy simply just doesn't cut it. also sundies render from reasonable distances which means plenty of time to choose whether to engage it or not
I have only limited experience with the ranger, and from that I think your comparison to a single buster is correct. A single ranger would only be a mediocre deterrent at best, but still easy to use, just like the burster. I do own the walker though, and can say that after learning to compensate for projectile velocity and drop, it can be quite an effective deterrent on its own, and even down unwary or unlucky pilots.

The fact that a sundy could potentially equip 2 Rangers turns it into a highly mobile, highly durable anti-air platform roughly equivalent to a dual burster MAX. I think we can all attest to the effectiveness of those locking down hexes from even multiple esfs. 2 walkers would be able to reliably bring down esfs when used in concert.

It is true that this would leave a sundy wide open to infantry and vehicle attack. But 1) where you find sundies, you typically find an excess of friendly infantry and 2) sundies individual sundies aren't terribly effective at fending off more than a single vehicle anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-02-09, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I tend to be more of a ground pounder but have flown here and there. Even from my viewpoint, AA is getting ridiculous. Dev's need to look at the whole Air-Ground relationship and rework it all. Everyone's screaming about air is OP (ESF's and Libs) so we get more AA. Still more OP Air, more AA. Should the simpler fix be to look at Air rather than deny an entire element of the game from playing? Prime time Friday night in game, next to no air at all. Anywhere.

Back in beta, Pilots were saying Air counters Air. So make it that way. I'd gladly give up most of our AA if ESF's were just that, fighters. ESF's became the anti-Air element against other ESF's and Libs/Gals. Libs would be the primary ground attack vehicle were by choice it would be AI or AV, not both as it is in it's still relatively excessive role. Sure ESF's can gun ground targets with it's nose guns. I'd maybe even allow A2G rockets, in smaller salvos and considerably less damage.

With this, as a ground pounder, I wouldn't have issue with lessening the AA bite overall. AA Sundies are a bad addition in my opinion. It'll completely the need for the Skyguards. G2A lockons are too abundant now. Range and damage is far too high considering the numbers that are being seen let loose in any fight. The Lock On warning bug should've been a priority patch. I agree with what was said earlier, those of us on ground get no warning at all at being rocket spammed so I'm not that sympathetic. Welcome to being on the receiving end for a while.

Last edited by GraniteRok; 2013-02-09 at 03:49 AM.
Old 2013-02-09, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
I have only limited experience with the ranger, and from that I think your comparison to a single buster is correct. A single ranger would only be a mediocre deterrent at best,
I like to think of the ranger as the bursters little drunken brother

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-02-09, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

There's already a counter in the game to AA.

It's called: Infantry.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion