Why is NC so Popular? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accepted everywhere you want to be.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: Why is NC so Popular?

Originally Posted by WNxThentar View Post
This hopefully won't be like SWG where there was just stupid implementations of incentives. To give you an example in BETA and release if you were on the Empire's faction you could get a AT-ST as a faction reward and that pet was killer. As a rebel...furniture to put in your house. :/ I can tell you I never won a single PVP battle due to the desk I put in my office.
Haha, I completely forgot about that.

I do hope we see population incentives come back. Even though the huge sample size will probably do a good job of eventually levelling out the 3 populations, it's nice to have a system to put a thumb on the scale to help be more stable.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
WVoneseven
Corporal

@Malachi by your logic everyone would be playing TR

You must have meant to say "people want huge bullitz"

Last edited by WVoneseven; 2012-06-14 at 10:32 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Malachi
Private

Originally Posted by WVoneseven View Post
@Malachi by your logic everyone would be playing TR
Haha yeah, somewhere in there the topic had changed in my mind to "why is TR so popular"...
Old 2012-06-14, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
archaonn
Corporal

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
Blue > Red/Purple

NC back story makes them look like America, while TR looks like Nazi and VS are Kool-aid drinking alien lovers.

Hard hitting weapons = Lasers > Spray and pray

So, NC has best color and back story to most, and depending on how much you like lasers best or second best weapons.
what? America? really? I chose NC beacuse they look freedom, not beacuse they look capitalism. Freedom dont mean liberalism.

The NC are clearly the guerrilla thats fighting a facist regime, something like red faction. They ranks are full of organized workers that are exhausted of having their rights taken.

Last edited by archaonn; 2012-06-14 at 11:16 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
WVoneseven
Corporal

Yeah i'm with archeraonn! The people going on about NC being America make me want to play a different empire :P. I love the NC because they feel like the guerrilla faction and feel like they'd have the most effective Spec-ops recon teams... which is what I want to do!
Old 2012-06-15, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #156
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by archaonn View Post
what? America? really? I chose NC beacuse they look freedom, not beacuse they look capitalism. Freedom dont mean liberalism.

The NC are clearly the guerrilla thats fighting a facist regime, something like red faction. They ranks are full of organized workers that are exhausted of having their rights taken.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War
Old 2012-06-15, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
archaonn
Corporal

Lol, giving me a link to the wikipedia mean nothing. I could give you a link to every independence revolutions and it wouldnt care. And dude, NC arent fighting against a paralamentary monarchy, they are fighting a different type of goverment, a "republic".

I could give you a link to the cuban revolution or any other "army" that used guerrilla warfare tactics, and you ll see that they are alot similiar to the NC.

And if the TR isnt a facist regime, they are more like the USSR, and the NC are the eastern countries guerrillas, like the Ukrainian Black Army, trying to be indipendent.

Last edited by archaonn; 2012-06-15 at 06:49 AM.
Old 2012-06-15, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
TR = people who think Nazis looked cool
I see no resemblance to Nazi (or rather German WW2) uniforms/weapons/vehicles...
Old 2012-06-15, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

NC is definitely Space America guys. Sorry, it just is. Well, maybe Space Texas is better. Everything's bigger in Space Texas.

So, grab a cheeseburger and fries and upgrade that soda to super-ultra-ginormous, cause Space America has arrived.
Old 2012-06-15, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #160
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah cause having Republic in the name means it actually is one.

[/USSR]

Old 2012-06-15, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #161
archaonn
Corporal

Well, the lore says its a collectivist regime, and only the "communists" countries used the collectivization. I cant recall any facist regime using this type of plans.

And lets see, its a highly centralized goverment, with an oligarchic leadership, something like the Bolshevik bureaucracy. They state have a lot of power, and they rule with an iron fist. So yea, i see a lot of similarities.

Last edited by archaonn; 2012-06-15 at 07:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
Grapes
Private

These "dominations" are what people are refering to as popularity, right? Cause in that case; The NC are trailing behind, by a lot... http://ctrlv.in/94029
Old 2012-06-15, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
Caldazar
Private

Clearly the TR is reminiscent of the British Empire flexing their expansionist agenda. I mean come on, why do you think TotalBiscuit is such a fanboi? It clearly reminds him of the glory days of his home empire.

That being said, the NC are clearly the plantation/ land/ business owners of the new world. Lets face it though, their goals are nothing so noble as no taxation without representation and are clearly much more focused on the freedom of their profits. Nothing quite like corrupt and rampant capitalism to spur a revolution, am i right?
Old 2012-06-15, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #164
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

With the TR, I see some references to thought-crimers in the manual (1984!), but I haven't seen any of that in the new lore, yet, though.

In the new lore, however, Brent Waterson and the military sieze power in a similar manner to Hitler with the Reichstag fire, by orchestrating a false flag attack on the Republic which takes out both Tom Connery and other TR leaders, along with the leadership of the insurgency, eliminating them as they are preparing to return from peace talks, and giving him a way to get the people to vote away all their freedoms for even harsher restrictions than they had already agreed to under Connery, all in the name of protecting themselves from the insurgency. (See http://www.planetside2.com/news/feb3backstory, and there is more info in other posts on the site as well)

This doesn't make the TR nazis. They're not racial supremacists, are they? They don't go around trying to put other races or religions or the infirm in concentration camps and gas them to death, do they? They just want everyone under their thumb, working efficiently. They're more like Yang in Alpha Centauri. You'll all be drones, and you'll all behave, or you'll get nerve-stapled. What's this, a rebellion!? Madness! Well, that's what ridiculous numbers of mindlessly obedient troops are for. (... of course, he always got his ass kicked in my games)

Those restrictions not being lifted after planetfall were presumably unacceptable to the NC, leading to the war when the NC presumably failed to get it overturned during the regular voting sessions to confirm the restrictions.

(We saw the kickoff of the war from each side in the very first new lore posts.)

Edit: Tom Connery is an autolink, but Brent Waterson has no page? Must be top secret stuff there. :V

Last edited by Trafalgar; 2012-06-15 at 07:35 AM.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #165
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WVoneseven View Post
I love the NC because they... feel like they'd have the most effective Spec-ops recon teams...
PlanetSide 1 disagrees with you!

To me NC always seemed to be the youngest population in PS1, TR seemed to attract more of the 'military-style' players than either of the other Empires and VS was (and should always be) the lowest populated Empire.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion