Re: Buying mods/sights with SC - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean I cant kill a Tank with a Pistol?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-11, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Buying mods/sights with SC

[12:51:29] <P0INTMAN >fucking soe. yeah, this is going pay to win. buying mods for money and bypassing gameplay with cash is fucking stupid.
[12:51:39] <P0INTMAN >thats fucking retarded.
[12:51:57] <P0INTMAN >you have to be a fucking imbicile to not be able to afford sights
[12:52:02] <P0INTMAN >they cost what? 10-30 certs?
[12:52:12] <P0INTMAN >you get that while logged off.. overnight.. without a sub
[12:52:36] <P0INTMAN >moo was right with SOE's new model
[12:52:37] <Redacted >3 nights, but yes.
[12:52:41] <P0INTMAN >I am fucking angry over this.
[12:52:51] <P0INTMAN >the point is the same <redacted>
[12:53:09] <P0INTMAN >even if you literally log in once or twice over the course of two or three days, you get the certs for it
[12:53:51] <P0INTMAN >what a fucking disgrace.
Remember when I said there was a slippery slope of SOE going fully pay to win and you all got angry and said nope because it was guns only and not mods? Well, I can say I saw it coming. I'll tell you what I see coming next: Buying straight up progression with real cash.

I'm disappointed in you Higby. Just admit that the game is pay-to-win already and be done with it. Stop playing this stupid charade everyone sees through anyway.

I wonder, how will you all defend/justify this this time? For me, there is no justification.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2014-03-11 at 02:10 PM.
Old 2014-03-11, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
AThreatToYou
Major

I don't see an issue with this...
Old 2014-03-11, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bites
Corporal

I personally don't agree with the change (eg its 30 certs ... come on...) but overall I don't think it will "hurt" the game.

In short not a major, but I agree with your sentiment its a slippery slope.
Old 2014-03-11, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chewy
Major

My question is the sights going to be the same old stuff we have now, or player studio custom sights?

I have read that SOE wants to bring player studio into weapons and vehicles on top of just cosmetics. They would still be pure cosmetics but in the form of a cloned weapon or vehicle such as any plat, black, or gold versions of what we got now.
Old 2014-03-11, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
My question is the sights going to be the same old stuff we have now, or player studio custom sights?

I have read that SOE wants to bring player studio into weapons and vehicles on top of just cosmetics. They would still be pure cosmetics but in the form of a cloned weapon or vehicle such as any plat, black, or gold versions of what we got now.
Hurray for customers doing all of SOE's work!
Old 2014-03-11, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
camycamera
Major

are you serious? this is apparently P2W for you? think about what you are saying.

(the same goes with SOE's plan to add options to pay for implants w/ SC or certs in the future)

the only items i have ever bought are camos and cosmetic armours. right now, i have 1,300 certs. i can by so many attachments..... and i can tell you now, PS2, and this "issue" is not pay to win in the slightest.....

you seem to hate SOE for the sake of hating for monetising a F2P game. people get angry at this.... but they shouldn't, especially when done right. IT IS A FREE TO PLAY GAME. THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY.

not only that, but once again, THIS IS NOT PAY TO WIN.

there is nothing to be concerned about, i thought this post was a joke as soon as i first saw it man.
Old 2014-03-12, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Well, it has always been this way with PS2. You start with (below) average equipment which you either fix by paying money to buy it directly or shorten the grinding process by buying boosts. Or you simply grind your way towards it. In the end they just added this to scopes. The one thing I don't get is why they allow it for infantry scopes but not vehicle ones.

This might be a slippery slope but they have been on this one since the beginning when they made certifications to give a considerable amount of power instead of customization. At least you can argue they are now getting fully back on track on the slippery slope.

PS: "They have to make money". This has never been an argument and never will.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-To-Make-Money
The story behind the video might be different, but it's the same thing. Jump to the 00:50 mark as the beginning doesn't make any sense if someone didn't watch the previous episodes.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2014-03-12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 2014-03-12, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
almalino
First Sergeant

I think it is fine if you could buy with money everything in PS2. Some people simply do not have time to grind like myself when I have full time job, family etc but I still want to use a good equipment in the game when I have my 4 to 6 hours per week to play in the game. I guess I do not ruin anyone life who grind and have time to play every day for many hours.

I call it Pay to get better equipment. But it is not necessary I win because I do not have as much experience as people who grinds every day and they will win me any time.

Last edited by almalino; 2014-03-12 at 08:09 AM.
Old 2014-03-12, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

It isn't pay to win until you can only buy it with SC.

Old 2014-03-12, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

While it can be a slipery slope, if its the same as what's already out there, hardly p2w. People are paying to avoid grinding.

If it was paying for insta certs, then I would be more concerned. At least with boosts, the individual still needs to put in the time.

Last edited by CraazyCanuck; 2014-03-12 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Tired..can't type
Old 2014-03-12, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
It isn't pay to win until you can only buy it with SC.
Or unless it would take an absurd amount of time to get it without paying. Which is certainly a point against PS2 becoming pay to win because of this.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2014-03-12 at 12:12 PM.
Old 2014-03-12, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Daninator
Private

That all goes only when the default weapons would be UP, but they are very good (smtimes even OP)

Sent from my mobile (S3) with Tapatalk
Old 2014-03-13, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I would be happy to be able to buy some other sight images .

It wouldnt be cool if they are actually better than the current stuff(high x or faster reaction time) but if they simply offer a different sight shape or color thats cool.

What I would really like is if I could get the NC smg sights on all my weapons.
Old 2014-03-13, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Pay to Win?

Define "Win."
Old 2014-03-13, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
DynamoECT
Private

The game still has a number of issues holding it back, but the free : paying balance is not one of them. I think they're getting that right mostly.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion