Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where shaved pubes are in!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

View Poll Results: Mouse: Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?
Logitech 71 66.36%
Steel Series 5 4.67%
Razor 31 28.97%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Zhane
Staff Sergeant

Re: Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?

I used to be a Logitech guy, but then I tried a Razer mouse. Now I have two Razer mice, a Razer keyboard (mechanical ftw) and a Razer side keypad.

So... Razer.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
How?

I mean, you're probably right. There's a chance that the added complexity of a gaming mouse gives it a higher chance of going wrong and thus the breakages, but I'm just curious how you know that for a fact.
Because the HP mouse was made of extremely cheap plastic, the mousewheel felt like a water bottle cap, and it had like 500 DPI. I just don't go throwing it at walls and squeezing it like toothpaste, that's why it lasted so long. My Razer Deathadder is much better quality than my old one, and I'll be sure to make this one last as well.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
RNFB
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SurgeonX View Post
After the onset of a minor bit of RSI a few years ago, then for me it's none of those.
Instead it's this crazy thing

Woah!

I'm sure they have them for right handed people... what's the DPI? Costly? Seems like it would be really fun to try one of those!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-18, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Corsair M90. *Nom nom*
Old 2012-03-18, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
duomaxwl
Captain

I have a Logitech g500 and I love it. It goes well with the g930 headset and the $12 Logitech k120 from Wal-Mart.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Logitech MX518 - It has the best feel for me.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by PurrfectStorm View Post
Corsair M90. *Nom nom*
15 buttons? How many thumbs do you have?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-03-18, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Zynastor
Private

yea, Logitech always works for me, so Logitech it is XP
Old 2012-03-18, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Niemand
Private

I use a Razor WoW: Cata mouse. So many buttons and I can get it to glow different colors. I like blue!

I find it is fun to play shooters with it too, yay customizable macros!
Old 2012-03-18, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Ragnafrak
Corporal

I use a Razor WoW: Cata mouse. So many buttons and I can get it to glow different colors. I like blue!

I find it is fun to play shooters with it too, yay customizable macros!
Razor made one too? Only one I've seen is from steelseries.

I've got the original 15-button WoW Gaming Mouse and loved it until I poured water all over it and it died. I bought another one thinkin' it'd be the exact same thing, but their 2nd gen. mice used a really crappy metalic finish that rubs off on my hands. After the finish wore off, I had to cover it in electrical tape to keep it from shocking me.

The macro customization is kinda crap - it just turns mouse clicks into keyboard input, and it's not even very fast. What it is good for though, is assigning the extra buttons to random keyboard keystrokes that I would never use and then mappin' those in games the same way you could use the G-keys on a G11/15 logitech keyboard.

Would still buy the newer versions though- haven't seen any issues with them.

More buttons = More fun
Old 2012-03-19, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
relicuk
Private

Originally Posted by PurrfectStorm View Post
Corsair M90. *Nom nom*
With you all the way on that. Along with the matching headset and keyboard
Old 2012-03-19, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Ragnafrak
Corporal

By the way - I'll never use razor. I think their products are made with sub-standard components.

My brother has gone through 4 razor mice in the last 2 years and has sworn off of them completely.

I spent almost $90 USD on a carcharias headset because it felt good and looked nice. My friends always complained that they could hear my PC sounds over voice chat while we played games together. I spent weeks fiddling with drivers, input plugs, and software settings only to find out that this was a common problem among people with this particular headset. The wiring is so bad, that PC sounds intrude into the microphone and there was just nothin' to do about it. I had to go buy a $5 desktop mic to replace my $90 headset which is now a glorified pair of headphones.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by relicuk View Post
With you all the way on that. Along with the matching headset and keyboard
Who in their right mind makes a mechanical keyboard where half the buttons have rubber domes? I mean seriously.

The mouse? Fine. The headset? If you must. The keyboard? Frack no. The only thing that has going for it is it looks pretty and it took Logitech's volume sliders.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Because the HP mouse was made of extremely cheap plastic, the mousewheel felt like a water bottle cap, and it had like 500 DPI. I just don't go throwing it at walls and squeezing it like toothpaste, that's why it lasted so long. My Razer Deathadder is much better quality than my old one, and I'll be sure to make this one last as well.
None of those things mean it's more likely to break than the Razer. I mean, I don't think anyone's claiming their Razer's palm rest caved in. It's the laser, the buttons, the wire etc.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Shogun
Contributor
General

back in the days i bought a razer boomslang for ps1. but it sucked so hard that i played with a standard logitech cordless mouse more often.
and it died soon because it was lacking stability where it was needed most. it was still a ball-mouse and the axes that would hold the ball and take off the movement were so thin, that they bent, rendering the mouse very inaccurate. the replacement i got had this error corrected already and used thicker axes, but the overall ergonomy of the mouse sucked anyway, and you could not rest your fingers on the buttons without accidentally pushing them all the time.

so i never bought razer stuff again.
with logitech i had mostly positive experiences.
every time when there was any issue, the support would send me a brandnew mouse.
but i never had too many issues. one mouse got problems connecting to the loading station after some years, and another one would falsely release a pressed button. i didn´t even have to send in the old mouse. just got a new one.

i just had the problem, that whenever i wanted to buy a new gamermouse, it was at times, logitech had no actual gaming stuff on the shelfs. and when i bought a performance mx, a few days later the latest gaming series came out.now i´m using the mx performance and a g13 pad

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum