News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 42 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't Touch This
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-28, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #616
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
For all you people saying "It's meant to grab people's attention!! Stop being mean to the trailer!", they could have made a better representation of the game and still got people's attention. Besides that, it's bad form to misrepresent your product.

PS2 as so many unique and interesting facets, why did they play it up like another CoD or Halo?? People looking for single-player rambo killstreaks aren't the type of people who will pay for this game.
I'm not paying for this game.

They are trying to get the eye of those types of gamers. It's about getting the game out there and making money. If SOE had the chance to get rid of every player from PS1 and gain twice as many CoD players to make more money, they would.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #617
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
I'm not paying for this game.

They are trying to get the eye of those types of gamers. It's about getting the game out there and making money. If SOE had the chance to get rid of every player from PS1 and gain twice as many CoD players to make more money, they would.
Whether or not someone gives money for the game is dependent on how much enjoyment they get out of it and how willing they are to stick with it. Playing it up as something it's not isn't going to attract people who will stick with the game, especially when going a different direction could have easily attracted the correct fanbase.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #618
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I was really hoping for 1 minute each for all factions being an actual team instead of NC hero crap.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #619
moosepoop
Captain

yesterday i saw the trailer was at 45k views, i was like dang, i guess its too hardcore for most gamers.

today the view jumped to 1 million. i ejaculated instantly. almost gave me a heart attack lol.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #620
RageMasterUK
Corporal

All those worried about the trailer not representing their empire, or worry that it demos only one gameplay type (light-assault), or feel they missed that lick of genius by not showing the hero 'respawn' at the end, dont worry too much

I do not believe this is the last cinematic Planetside 2 trailer you will see.

See this post for my lengthy reasoning...
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=45956

-RageMasterUK

Last edited by RageMasterUK; 2012-07-28 at 07:57 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #621
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Boomhowser View Post
Not often I come across a word ive never seen before these days.. so you sir get a +1 for making me look up Paralegals
YES! lol.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #622
Littleman
First Lieutenant

People are still mistaking this trailer as though it's aimed at them...

It's a colossal waste of money to make a trailer for the sake of the people that already know of Planetside. This video is just to look cool for the big eyed crowd still playing with their crappy little 6v6 to 32v32 maps. Whether or not it actually conveys anything accurately isn't the point. It could have been a Terran jumping around, shooting NC $#!% up for what it was worth. It's intended purpose is to make someone interested enough in the game "Planetside" to bother looking it up and gathering their information that way.

And for the record, he was the ONLY NC to make it that far... the TR were tearing up the rest of the NC at the cliff base, hence the suicide operation consisting of a platoon of light-assault troopers to deploy a beacon within the base walls.

The only real tragedy of this cinematic was not showing his rebirth, though that would have gone completely against "only those who are left."
Old 2012-07-28, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #623
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
The only real tragedy of this cinematic was not showing his rebirth, though that would have gone completely against "only those who are left."
I agree. Planetside is the only game I've ever played that had an explanation for a "respawn". It would be nice to see in the next trailer, a person die and then moments later gasp for air in a spawn tube or something. Naked of course.
Isn't that the whole meaning behind Death is No Excuse? Because you can respawn.

Last edited by WiteBeam; 2012-07-28 at 09:30 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #624
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
I agree. Planetside is the only game I've ever played that had an explanation for a "respawn". It would be nice to see in the next trailer, a person die and then moments later gasp for air in a spawn tube or something. Naked of course.
Isn't that the whole meaning behind Death is No Excuse? Because you can respawn.
Naw, it's more like death is no excuse to be a chicken $#!%. Though in the universe of Planetside, the fact they'll be reborn in a tube does help make being a fearless sonuvabitch a lot easier.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #625
Hamma
PSU Admin

1.1 Million views.. good to see.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-29, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #626
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
yesterday i saw the trailer was at 45k views, i was like dang, i guess its too hardcore for most gamers.

today the view jumped to 1 million. i ejaculated instantly. almost gave me a heart attack lol.
Old 2012-07-29, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #627
FireStormNova
Corporal

1 million views? Well it looks like the trailer is working so far? I hate to admit it but when you think of it : this trailer was more to bring in new people to Planetside 2.
Maybe if we are lucky they will they will do a trailer or trailers about factions and history?
I personly have always injoyed games that had a demo about the history and factions befor i make a character.
Old 2012-07-29, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #628
Dreamcast
Major

I can't believe people are crying about the trailer....

First of all almost all good games have trailers like this that don't represent gameplay.

If you wanna cry about a trailer then you should cried about the E3 trailers...that looked horrible.
Old 2012-07-29, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #629
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
1.1 Million views.. good to see.
Almost 1.5 million now!
Old 2012-07-29, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #630
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I can't believe people are crying about the trailer....

First of all almost all good games have trailers like this that don't represent gameplay.

If you wanna cry about a trailer then you should cried about the E3 trailers...that looked horrible.
Yup. The animations in this game are just not good enough when watching to make a trailer that stands up to other games.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion