Outfitpoints.com Outfit Scorecard - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hide the pickle! He's coming!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 API Discussion

Old 2013-08-23, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Goblinhunter
Private

Outfitpoints.com Outfit Scorecard

I've just added a brand new feature to outfitpoints.com, scorecards.

This uses infographics to show a summary of key outfit details in a graphical form. It's available on the Scorecard tab of your outfits page, as a standalone page you can link straight too (see the link on the scorecard tab), and as an embeddable IFrame if you want to include it in your own site (see the embeddable stats tab).

If you would like to see an example of this, see here

If the outfit has an outfitpoints advanced subscription, their outfit log will also display here.

This is a first go at this, I suspect it will evolve over the next few weeks, and any feedback on this is very much appreciated.
Old 2013-08-26, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Outfitpoints.com Outfit Scorecard

On your Leaderboards you use a different formula than on your cards. For instance, 666th's average K/D on here (PSU) and on yours is 1.08, but on the scorecard it's .88. I suggest you make it uniform.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-08-28, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Looks great man! Made the donation for The Forty Deuce.

We have a dozen or so exmembers that show on the roster on PSU's stat page. I have to check it out some more but it seems you don't have that problem on your site.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-08-30, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
On your Leaderboards you use a different formula than on your cards. For instance, 666th's average K/D on here (PSU) and on yours is 1.08, but on the scorecard it's .88. I suggest you make it uniform.
Outfitpoints, Is more accurate than PSU. Ours is way off. And we still have members in the outfit that have been kicked many many months ago.

Il continue to use Outfitpoints for a better analysis. And the score card is great.
Old 2013-08-30, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Outfitpoints, Is more accurate than PSU. Ours is way off. And we still have members in the outfit that have been kicked many many months ago.

Il continue to use Outfitpoints for a better analysis. And the score card is great.
I've found some serious inconsistencies on outfitpoints as well. I'm asking that he chose one of the two formulas and stick with it because as it is now, he's showing two different stats for the same thing. One adds the total of all members' kills and divides by the total of all members' deaths and you get on K/D. His other is he adds up all members' K/D's and divides it by the number of members.

Why show it one way and then the other on the card?

INI shows a K/D of 2.6 on your card, yet 2.77 on his leaderboard.

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-08-30 at 03:49 PM.
Old 2013-08-30, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I've found some serious inconsistencies on outfitpoints as well. I'm asking that he chose one of the two formulas and stick with it because as it is now, he's showing two different stats for the same thing. One adds the total of all members' kills and divides by the total of all members' deaths and you get on K/D. His other is he adds up all members' K/D's and divides it by the number of members.

Why show it one way and then the other on the card?

INI shows a K/D of 2.6 on your card, yet 2.77 on his leaderboard.
I see your point. But the main thing i take notice of is the activity % on a 7/30 day cycle. Which is spot on compared to PSU's.

But as you said making it more consistent makes sense.

Last edited by Pella; 2013-08-30 at 05:42 PM.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

PSU is now pointing to the V2 API. Still some little bugs here and there, but assuming Outiftpoints is pointed to v2 they should now match up aside from any custom calculations.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-08-31, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

In fact a quick comparison of several outfits shows exact matches in member counts and fairly accurate counts for active players, I saw some inconsistencies on larger outfits as far as active players but otherwise these are now exact.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-11, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Goblinhunter
Private

Yep, we are using the V2 API, so hopefully things should match up closer now PSU has moved over. I believe the methods we use to clean up bad members from teh list (members with no name, no stats etc.) differ, which may explain a slight variation in number, however the newer API is much better about getting rid of these so hopefully won't be much variation.

Evilpig, I take your point on the calculation and I will look to make that more consistent.
Old 2013-09-23, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

A question for both sites: I went to clean up our roster again this weekend and found many 0's for level on players I know to be high. Went to official site and found that they are no longer showing stats for characters over 60 days inactive. How is this affecting things? Are all those 0's driving down outfit averages? Are you pulling 0's for those characters too? Kind of sucks as we have members on deployment who we want to keep on roster until they get back, but may find ourselves having to kick them.

Also, when will we see averages for active members? Such as averages for everyone who has logged in last 30 days. Seems so much a better way to present an outfit, as thei effectiveness fluctuates with activity.

Old 2013-09-24, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Agreed Evilpig. At least set it to 60 days so those level zero players don't get included.

I have a few players that show zeros yet have been logged in within the 60 days. http://outfitpoints.com/OutfitDetail...09488620608321

I wonder if these are guys that did not log in for 60 days but have logged in since. I know that is the case for XCTreetrunk. Thoughts?

http://www.thefortydeuce.com

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 API Discussion