My Kid is ruining my K/D! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accepted everywhere you want to be.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-31, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SixShooter
Captain

Re: My Kid is ruining my K/D!

My boys are 7 and 8 and completely love to play PS2 with me. They make a good crew of engies for me and we do a pretty good AA nest with two dual bursters and an engie. They generaly don't get any kills but love playing support roles and have a blast doing it.

Old 2013-01-01, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
rzdave
Private

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
My boys are 7 and 8 and completely love to play PS2 with me. They make a good crew of engies for me and we do a pretty good AA nest with two dual bursters and an engie. They generaly don't get any kills but love playing support roles and have a blast doing it.
Hey six that's a lot of fun when you get to play with your kids like that.
I've had a few encounters with you on Connery, like the name.
Old 2013-01-01, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by rzdave View Post
Hey six that's a lot of fun when you get to play with your kids like that.
I've had a few encounters with you on Connery, like the name.
It really is fun . PS2 is the only FPS that they are allowed to play and they only get to play when I'm with them. This is also the game that they're playing on the PC and they really dig it.

I'm gonna have to build some new rigs for them soon since currently they are playing on my laptop and the desktop that I originaly built for PS1 back around the time that they were born .

Old 2013-01-02, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Kaldapas
Private

Cute story. This is a funny thread.

But yeah as was already mentioned k/d is not realy saying how good you are at PS2. Yesterday i've met a 1 k/d player and thought hes best player i played with and was way better than me at this game, constantly making quick good decitions. I've managed to learn a few things from the guy. [mine is 2.3 something with engi]
Old 2013-01-02, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Rodel
Sergeant

Originally Posted by WarChimp130 View Post
So, I keep on checking my K/D and wondering why it's never really improving. Most sessions I have at least a 2:1 ratio, yet my over all K/D is like 1.3 or something. I let my son make his own character(he is 8) just to fart around with. So I'm sitting in the kitchen and I think he is playing his TR character. Then he comes in and says "Dad, how do I switch to rockets when I fly?" I tell him he can't because his character doesn't have it. He says, "well...I'm playing on WarChimp." I run out to check and the little bastard has a 1:10 K/D! He says he likes to play my character because it has cooler stuff.

I know, it's just stats, who cares, but I like to try and keep an accurate track of how I'm doing. Kept wondering why it seemed like no matter how good I was going it wouldn't budge. Guess he just wants to play like his pop, lol.
Old 2013-01-02, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Rodel
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
K/d ratio isn't important at all in a game like ps2.
Its all about your faction winning.
Play something else if you care about your stats.
Settle down Mox. You don't get to decide how everybody should play the game. If K/d makes them happy that's perfect. If they want to play the game like you (and me really) then go for it.

To all those who try to max their K/D out with out any napharious play

To all who have a problem with them. I just want to remind you how unimportant you are.

Disclamer: This is not directed at people who have a negative opinion on K/D, just the dueche bags who tell people to leave or shut up because they care about their K/D.
Old 2013-01-02, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Nolerhn View Post
I wouldn't worry about your K/D ration for real man. Just last night there was a major stalemate at a base, I don't remember the name of it, started with a P though. I'm TR and we were trying to conquer it, seemed like it was about 20 minutes or so that we couldn't make it into the control room without getting slaughtered. Then me a friend and decided to bust in with some MAXes at the same time. We both died of course, but we took people with us, and at the same time scattered some VS players that were defending. Shortly after the TR took that control point.

I'd like to think it was because of two people that charged in and scattered the defense enough that it allowed the TR to take over the control point.

The game isn't all about killing if you care about objective stuff. Sometimes even the smallest amount of teamwork can change the tide of a stalemate. [/U][/I] Sometimes you just gotta do what's good for the team.
Oh if only the rest of the NC zerg of Briggs thought the same as you. Then we might actually cap a big base and have resource income of more than 15!

Too often I find that our little outfit leads the charge only to find that the front rank of the zerg is thinking "oh noes! My shield just got damaged. I'd better run and hide. Bugger the cap point, my KDR might suffer"
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion