News: Gamescom Trailer and PCGN Article - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please dont confuse reaver with reefer.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Gamescom Trailer and PCGN Article

i just came back home from gamescom.

the ps2 team totally rocks! i have met arclegger, higby, smed, candace brenner and brollywood there!

higby was always on the run, but arclegger showed off the game to me and answered a lot of questions. thanks again, dude!

i went to play the game for several hours and it rocks!

they are running the build from chinajoy, so everything you see in gamescom video is older than the actual beta state. this build is extremely stable and i was able to check the framerates and get some specs.

they had one computer running with a nvidia gtx 680 (single) and ps2 ran with 130 fps with everything set to HIGH quality. don´t remember the resolution but it was really high, all written stuff was really small.

i urged arclegger to do his thing for me and he clegged a galaxy for me, but the photos i took of this were also clegged :-(
my cellphone makes crappy photos. wanted to make some screenshots of cert menus, but couldn´t read anything on the pics.

the only bad thing is, that the server is just a small local server in the booth, so no epic scale and limited map access like at gdc.

so if you go to gamescom, straightly go to the planetside 2 booth in hall 8.
and look out for the devs and the pro7games guys!

i really hope to be able to attend the beer-meeting tomorrow haven´t seen tramell yet, and need to take my planetside 1 box to get it signed

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-08-15 at 01:51 PM.
Old 2012-08-15, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
medward
Private

That one second where they show the aerial battle at night....SO COOL!
Old 2012-08-15, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Phaaze
Private

Thumbs up Re: Gamescom Trailer and PCGN Article

Yes, yes, and more yes.
Old 2012-08-15, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

almost forgot to say:

arclegger did a barrel roll with a galaxy!!!
it IS possible!
he clegged it, but only because he was flying a little too low and the demo limits the area where you can fly. i couldn´t fly anything without running into the out of bounds warning and exploding. (it gives you 10 seconds to return, and this is never enough when you are not used to the aircraft controls.

also, arclegger said, anything is possible for planetside 2 down the road...
... he said this when i told him that i am always waiting for the biolab to stand up and slowly walk away with all those soldiers on board. they are planning on trying anything if enough players demand it
the forgelight engine seems to be really flexible and allows a lot of fantastic stuff! can´t wait to see how the game developes into something even more epic!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-08-15 at 02:17 PM.
Old 2012-08-15, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CheeZeX
Corporal

Anyone notice the upgraded NC gold on blue armor? Almost makes me want to reconsider converting to TR
Old 2012-08-15, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CheeZeX View Post
Anyone notice the upgraded NC gold on blue armor? Almost makes me want to reconsider converting to TR
You stow that shit, citizen.

/loads his Cycler

Initial reactions to the trailer: The sight of the jetpack horde pouring over the walls was epic.

I thought the voice-over was fine. Same voice actor that did the Terran segment for the E3 video, and he has a fine whiskey-&-cigarettes thing going on.

SIZE!! ALWAYS!!! MATTERS!!11!! GET IT???!?? (/pelvic thrust) still makes me cringe.

The *real* test is: Do I want to watch it again? and then a third time? for the enjoyment of it, and to see what I can pick up that I missed seeing the time(s) before? Yes. I do and I am. Great success!
Old 2012-08-15, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Anyone eles has an issue with the saying "Take the power"? To me it sounds like something from a bad translation.

Old 2012-08-15, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SixShooter
Captain

The shot of all the air and flak at night (@ around 0:50) is amazing! This was a great vid. I hope they keep this stuff coming with more getting into beta to show off those HUGE battles.

Old 2012-08-15, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
Anyone eles has an issue with the saying "Take the power"? To me it sounds like something from a bad translation.
To me it sounds like they're trying to transition from SIZE! ALWAYS! MATTERS! and just kind of flubbing things up. The same subject matter doesn't need two disparate titles/mottos/mission statements. That's confusing and misleading for the target audience.

And the appeal to register for beta doesn't come until the very end. It would have been better if Mister Whiskey-Cigar Voice could have told us "Auraxis needs YOU! Sign up NOW! And join the BIGGEST CLUSTER FUCK BATTLE EVAR!" Or, you know. Something.

As a pitch for entering the beta it was muted. As a narrative it was muddled. As an advert for the game it was a hellacious success, and that's what will ultimately pull new people in.

-- Rivenshield, Senior Level Tech Pubs Guy

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-08-15 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2012-08-15, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Far better than that super awful CGI abomination. This i will actually show friends, it was pretty cool, i would never show em that other terrible trailer, man it was bad.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2012-08-15, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Comet
First Sergeant

Can't please some people.
Old 2012-08-15, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kitsune
Sergeant

I fail to see how their CGI trailer was any worse then any other game's CGI trailer -_- If someone wants to educate me why that was bad, please send me a private message. Every CGI trailer shows unrealistic gameplay and over-the-top action, Ps2's was no different...

Anyway, this video was pretty fun. Just a small promotional video, I'm sure. I would REALLY like to see 3 extensive trailers about each of the factions, clearly demonstrating their viewpoint on the war and what they fight for. Would be cool if the narration acknowledged the negatives of their faction and said to people why they fight anyway. Easiest example, TR. They fight for stability and security, and know they are oppressive with it, but they do it because they want their people to be safe.

But anyway, still fun to see some new videos out every now and then.
Old 2012-08-15, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Chrispin
Corporal

Voice actor sounds like Duke Nukem to me O.o
Old 2012-08-15, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

Glad you had fun Shogun! The team really is a bunch of awesome folks. Take advantage of that time and soak it in!

Originally Posted by Chrispin View Post
Voice actor sounds like Duke Nukem to me O.o
Yes.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-15, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
KimJongLulz
Banned

TR music best music.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion